GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Apr. 28th, 2013

+14
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
dennycrane
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:TSN: Ottawa will open playoffs Thursday in Montreal.

So Tuesday for home game 1 then?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

For the Wings/Ducks and Blues/Kings.

Last edited by shabbs on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

While Rhianna is in Ottawa. Good timing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big big big win. It will be a much better feeling for the guys going into the playoffs on a high note, rather than backing in (like the Bruins).

That pass by Karlsson along the blueline to Methot on the Pageau goal was ridiculous...something that doesn't work 9/10 times, but he found a way to get it there that time, and that's all that matters. Thought Cowen had a great game, and Gonchar was as crafty as ever.

Feels good, for the first time in a long time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep those lines, they were solid.

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Smith-Neil
Conacher-Pageau Condra
Latendresse-Z-Silfverberg

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think a wise man once said (on this very forum) that the Greening-Smith-Neil trio would be our checking line come playoff time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I think a wise man once said (on this very forum) that the Greening-Smith-Neil trio would be our checking line come playoff time.

Must have been NEELY

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Keep those lines, they were solid.

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Smith-Neil
Conacher-Pageau Condra
Latendresse-Z-Silfverberg
Yeah, nice balance. The D-pairs were all over the place with BigRig out most of the game.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Man I cursed out loud when karlsson made that pass mumbling 'wtf is he thinking??!!!'...little did I know....

And those lines were great. Agreed, keep them the same.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Big big big win. It will be a much better feeling for the guys going into the playoffs on a high note, rather than backing in (like the Bruins).

That pass by Karlsson along the blueline to Methot on the Pageau goal was ridiculous...something that doesn't work 9/10 times, but he found a way to get it there that time, and that's all that matters. Thought Cowen had a great game, and Gonchar was as crafty as ever.

Feels good, for the first time in a long time.
Cowen was brutal in the 1st period.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Meant Tuesday of next week. They'll play in Montreal Thursday and Saturday, so first home game for the Sens Monday or Tuesday.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Meant Tuesday of next week. They'll play in Montreal Thursday and Saturday, so first home game for the Sens Monday or Tuesday.
Bell centre is booke Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I guess they expected to miss the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Damn, they gave the Jennings to Crawford/Emery. What was the cut-off number of games this year? It's usually 25 but given that it was a 48-game season you'd think 15 would be enough -- Anderson played 24. How is he *not* the Jennings recipient?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

couldn't watch the game but hell am I happy that we're facing the habs! let's tear them apart!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Bell centre is booke Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I guess they expected to miss the playoffs.

That would be very, very unusual -- to have a THursday game and then wait all the way until Monday. They may have to have an afternoon game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Damn, they gave the Jennings to Crawford/Emery. What was the cut-off number of games this year? It's usually 25 but given that it was a 48-game season you'd think 15 would be enough -- Anderson played 24. How is he *not* the Jennings recipient?

BECAUSE THE JENNINGS GOES TO THE TEAM WITH THE LEAST GOALS AGAINST IN THE LEAGUE. IE CHICAGO

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No need to yell Wink

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:couldn't watch the game but hell am I happy that we're facing the habs! let's tear them apart!

We beat them 5-1 when Budaj was in goal, then lost 2-1, and then the clubs exchanged SO wins. Very, very close. Of course since then the Habs have lost Emelin while the Sens got back Cowen, Kalrsson and Michalek. Also added Conacher and Pageau.

On paper we should sweep. In 3 games. But of course we all know better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum