GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Preseason means nothing but dam this team looks good and that’s without Norris, Pinto, and Batherson

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think Batherson will take his game to another level this year. Haven't seen him skate like this ever in his career. Hoping one of Pinto or Norris start the season with us. Can't afford both out of the lineup to start. Also hoping Smejkal makes the team and pushes MacEwen into the press box. Good on the PK and he provides an element of offense. I like his game.

The defense looks great. Hamonic is who he is. I wish we had a better option at 6D but his minutes and role can be managed.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Batherson will take his game to another level this year. Haven't seen him skate like this ever in his career. Hoping one of Pinto or Norris start the season with us. Can't afford both out of the lineup to start. Also hoping Smejkal makes the team and pushes MacEwen into the press box. Good on the PK and he provides an element of offense. I like his game.

The defense looks great. Hamonic is who he is. I wish we had a better option at 6D but his minutes and role can be managed.

IMO he played the same way before he got injured. He has the ability to be a point per game player.

Smejkal should make it but I don’t think he’s tied to macewen since they play different wings.

I have no issue with hamonic, he’s the perfect 6th D really. He’s fearless

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Batherson will take his game to another level this year. Haven't seen him skate like this ever in his career. Hoping one of Pinto or Norris start the season with us. Can't afford both out of the lineup to start. Also hoping Smejkal makes the team and pushes MacEwen into the press box. Good on the PK and he provides an element of offense. I like his game.

IMO he played the same way before he got injured. He has the ability to be a point per game player.

Smejkal should make it but I don’t think he’s tied to macewen since they play different wings.

I have no issue with hamonic, he’s the perfect 6th D really. He’s fearless

I like Hamonic - don't get me wrong. I just wish we had someone who isn't constantly chasing the play. He makes up for it in blocked shots and what not. I think Batherson looks even better than before. I don't remember his skating ever being this good. He too looks fearless right now.

I think they'll look at either Smejkal or Bailey but probably not both. And I think right now they're looking at two of Jarventie, Greig or Chartier to start while Norris and Pinto are out of the lineup.

That $5M in dead cap space is literally the difference between signing Pinto and having appropriate depth up front and on defense. I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite us.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/t6713-ottawa-senators-present-and-past-tidbits-quick-hits

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum