GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
dennycrane
MarkStone
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Bruce Garrioch ✔ @SunGarrioch
Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Varone-Pageau-Pyatt, Dzingel-Kelly-Neil #Sens

3rd and 4th lines are dangerously close to horrible.  

Are they even dressing all those guys? What happened to 11 forwards? It definitely looks like they loaded up the top 6 but one would hope a guy like Stone gets double shifted and joins the Pageau line.
Sitting Neil? Unlikely. Siting Pyatt? Unlikely. The only two guys I see sitting would be Varone or dzingel.

I'd go one step further and say Dzingel is the guy.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone,
Smith-Brassard-Ryan,
Varone-Pageau-Open
Pyatt-Kelly-Neil

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Varone-Pageau-Pyatt, Dzingel-Kelly-Neil #Sens

Are they even dressing all those guys? What happened to 11 forwards? It definitely looks like they loaded up the top 6 but one would hope a guy like Stone gets double shifted and joins the Pageau line.
Sitting Neil? Unlikely. Siting Pyatt? Unlikely. The only two guys I see sitting would be Varone or dzingel.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone,
Smith-Brassard-Ryan,
Varone-Pageau-Open
Pyatt-Kelly-Neil

I'm betting it's Varone.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone,
Smith-Brassard-Ryan,
Varone-Pageau-Open
Pyatt-Kelly-Neil

I'm betting it's Varone.
Yes that would be my bet also. Although I'd be more enclined to sit Pyatt or Varone. I can't make my mind up on either player yet, I need more viewings. Wednesday!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

25th in tge power ranking. Carolina is ahead.... and so is toronto.
please.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:25th in tge power ranking. Carolina is ahead.... and so is toronto.
please.

What power rankings are these lol?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

True, boucher did mention that possibility.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'm almost ready to panic.  I want Perron already.  Ahhhhh!

I have to admit that I'm experiencing a bi-polar like pre-season expectations. From thinking we might contend for the top 3 in our division to wondering by how much we might miss the playoffs by.

Seems like most pundits have us missing the playoffs. Although I find their analysis never takes into consideration how badly hurt we were last season and what a difference Dion would have made had he been there all season I must admit that my rosy glasses are somewhat returning to their usual shades of grey.

I don't see us becoming anything near a contender with our current line-up. We need to make a trade for a impact left winger and need to bring in another bottom pairing d-man.
Long term I also think we'll have to adress our goaltending situation. We may be fine this year but will we going forward past that? The more I think about it the more I'm looking in the direction of Bishop. Yes, he guy we gave away. I'm not confident in what we have in the pipeline and Hammond IMO will never be more than a very good back-up at best.
It would likely demand some shifty work from Dorion but I could see a Anderson + a good pick(like our first in a Dung draft) for a resigned bishop before the trade deadline. It would aslo give them significant cap space and a very servicable back up or 1B option for the following year. It's a dream but it makes sense to me.

Ok back to reality.

I think they need to address goaltending soon too.

As for this year, I think we have an excellent team with very thin depth. I hope dzingel grabs this opportunity and doesn't let go until mac comes back, but otherwise it's a pretty solidly built top 6 with a poor third line due to injuries and a Cussing stellar top 4 D imo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dzingel switches his jersey number from 43 to 18.  Wonder if he will play more like JOB or Hossa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He also said Chabot and Puempel are sitting. He's not necessarily going to go with 8D every game.

By the way, last week I think it was Simmer who made an interesting point about Lazar and Bingo -- the B-Sens don't play a lot of game early on. Just looked an their season opener is not till the 12th (Saturday), then they don't play again until the following Friday. They play just 6 games in all of October.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
I think they need to address goaltending soon too.

As for this year, I think we have an excellent team with very thin depth.  I hope dzingel grabs this opportunity and doesn't let go until mac comes back, but otherwise it's a pretty solidly built top 6 with a poor third line due to injuries and a Cussing stellar top 4 D imo.

According to Hockey's Future goaltending depth is one of our strong points. O'Connor and Driedger played pretty well during the pre-season; that's going to be an interesting tadnem down there. And then there's the Hogburglar.

As for the third line, it'll be much better when they play 11 forwards and Stone or Hoffman slide down to join Pageau.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:25th in tge power ranking. Carolina is ahead.... and so is toronto.
please.

TSN's...
It's pretty sad. Especially when Montreal is ahead of Chicago.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He also said Chabot and Puempel are sitting.  He's not necessarily going to go with 8D every game.

By the way, last week I think it was Simmer who made an interesting point about Lazar and Bingo -- the B-Sens don't play a lot of game early on.  Just looked an their season opener is not till the 12th (Saturday), then they don't play again until the following Friday.  They play just 6 games in all of October.

Haha, that sucks for Lazar. You'll only play 10 games down there, don't worry...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He also said Chabot and Puempel are sitting.  He's not necessarily going to go with 8D every game.

By the way, last week I think it was Simmer who made an interesting point about Lazar and Bingo -- the B-Sens don't play a lot of game early on.  Just looked an their season opener is not till the 12th (Saturday), then they don't play again until the following Friday.  They play just 6 games in all of October.

I don't think we'll be going with 8D in a single game this year. Maybe 7 is more likely what Boucher said.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
please.

TSN's...
It's pretty sad. Especially when Montreal is ahead of Chicago.

Darts at a board. Poor tsn is getting raped by sportsnet these days, sometimes I don't tune into tsn for days at a time. In the summer weeks at a time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Haha, that sucks for Lazar.   You'll only play 10 games down there, don't worry...
I hope he plays the amount of games he needs to get his offence on track. We need him to score on that 3rd line. Not just be another Pyatt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum