GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
dennycrane
MarkStone
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Bruce Garrioch ✔ @SunGarrioch
Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Varone-Pageau-Pyatt, Dzingel-Kelly-Neil #Sens

3rd and 4th lines are dangerously close to horrible.  

Are they even dressing all those guys? What happened to 11 forwards? It definitely looks like they loaded up the top 6 but one would hope a guy like Stone gets double shifted and joins the Pageau line.

True, boucher did mention that possibility.

He also said Chabot and Puempel are sitting.  He's not necessarily going to go with 8D every game.

By the way, last week I think it was Simmer who made an interesting point about Lazar and Bingo -- the B-Sens don't play a lot of game early on.  Just looked an their season opener is not till the 12th (Saturday), then they don't play again until the following Friday.  They play just 6 games in all of October.

I don't think we'll be going with 8D in a single game this year. Maybe 7 is more likely what Boucher said.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:25th in tge power ranking. Carolina is ahead.... and so is toronto.
please.

What power rankings are these lol?
TSN's...
It's pretty sad. Especially when Montreal is ahead of Chicago.

Darts at a board. Poor tsn is getting raped by sportsnet these days, sometimes I don't tune into tsn for days at a time. In the summer weeks at a time.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Varone-Pageau-Pyatt, Dzingel-Kelly-Neil #Sens

Are they even dressing all those guys? What happened to 11 forwards? It definitely looks like they loaded up the top 6 but one would hope a guy like Stone gets double shifted and joins the Pageau line.

He also said Chabot and Puempel are sitting.  He's not necessarily going to go with 8D every game.

By the way, last week I think it was Simmer who made an interesting point about Lazar and Bingo -- the B-Sens don't play a lot of game early on.  Just looked an their season opener is not till the 12th (Saturday), then they don't play again until the following Friday.  They play just 6 games in all of October.

Haha, that sucks for Lazar.   You'll only play 10 games down there, don't worry...
I hope he plays the amount of games he needs to get his offence on track. We need him to score on that 3rd line. Not just be another Pyatt.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Haha, that sucks for Lazar.   You'll only play 10 games down there, don't worry...
I hope he plays the amount of games he needs to get his offence on track. We need him to score on that 3rd line. Not just be another Pyatt.

Totally agree.

PS, did Pyatt Dung in your corn flakes? You seem to dislike him already. ..

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
I think they need to address goaltending soon too.

As for this year, I think we have an excellent team with very thin depth.  I hope dzingel grabs this opportunity and doesn't let go until mac comes back, but otherwise it's a pretty solidly built top 6 with a poor third line due to injuries and a Cussing stellar top 4 D imo.

According to Hockey's Future goaltending depth is one of our strong points.  O'Connor and Driedger played pretty well during the pre-season; that's going to be an interesting tadnem down there.  And then there's the Hogburglar.

As for the third line, it'll be much better when they play 11 forwards and Stone or Hoffman slide down to join Pageau.

I wouldn't put too much credit in what that site says. Plus their information isn't updated.

Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Totally agree.  

PS,  did Pyatt Dung in your corn flakes?  You seem to dislike him already. ..
Hahaha. Laugh1
No but he seems to get a free pass to the 3rd line from Boucher with very minimal offence to offer when I feel we should have someone on there that might have more to offer. I may be wrong. Who knows.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer. Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson. Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa). So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Either way when it comes down to goaltending I think there are really only a 10 goalies in the league that are untouchable. The Anderson-Hammond tandem, IMO, is in the upper half of the league.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.

Not sure why you say that. Goalies are a crapshoot and we have three good prospects right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

MarkStone wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Not sure why you say that. Goalies are a crapshoot and we have three good prospects right now.

Prospects are nothing until they perform at the NHL level. David Rundblad was supposed to be the next Karlsson, Daigle the next superstar. Sorry but I don't believe we should be relying on prospects until they prove something at the NHL level.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

MarkStone wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Prospects are nothing until they perform at the NHL level. David Rundblad was supposed to be the next Karlsson, Daigle the next superstar. Sorry but I don't believe we should be relying on prospects until they prove something at the NHL level.

Lehner and bishop were prospects. They traded prospects

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who knows how the Lehner trade will turn out? We got one of the top prospects in the league out of it - top 30 IMO - in Colin White, a guy who projects to be an outstanding 2-way C in a league where you simply must have that to win.

The Bishop trade was horrendous, but what are you gonna do? He would have walked at the end of the season anyway and we had Andy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained. Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Kid might be a filthy beast soon!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained.  Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Yeah he's really putting up ridiculous numbers... on the power play. Mediocre 5v5 player like Statspadzza, though.

Career potential: Mariusz Czerkawski

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained.  Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Yeah he's really putting up ridiculous numbers... on the power play. Mediocre 5v5 player like Statspadzza, though.

Oh oh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Oh oh!  Ahhhhh!

Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum