GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Any idea what the reason is? I haven't been able to find anything. And he played in OT. Unless he hurt himself on the giveaway somehow?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Duchene is fine and McCormick will be out for a while.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

He has to shuffle the D pairs Boro and ceci on the same line is too slow maybe wideman can help Boro and Lajoie gets saddled with Ceci. Hopefully Lajoie can keep ceci from making to many bone head plays

Despite Chabot wideman and Lajoie demelo pairs looking good last night

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jeez chabot! Coming out party much? That’s the WJC chabot we saw!
Such a talent

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're a team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Obviously still getting outshot and it’s gonna be a process, but encouraging start to the year given our two best players have been virtually nonexistent

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They rebounded from the other night and learned that you need to continue to forecheck to win in this league with lesser talent. Anderson also helped a lot, but nice effort for the most part. Boedker is very adept at protecting the puck, I like this guy's ability in creating chances.

Chabot lol. Holy moly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Start of the second was a little scary. Leafs came out swinging and Sens sat back a bit.

Very happy Stone got that goal, but Duchene is still struggling. Maybe it's because he's drawing the stiffest competition, and that's letting the kids get some steak. Chabot, DeMelo, LaJoie - all with goals; gotta think Wideman and Ceci will be joining them, soon. Would be hilarious if all the Sens d-men had a goal before Karlsson. Not gonna happen with Boro out there.

Glad the new guys each got a goal in their first couple of games. Good time to see White getting one early. He seemed a little off last night, was it line matching or Bochard breaking up the lines from the first game?

Looks like Chabot is a quick learner. Just one season as EK's understudy and he does *that*? He's not missing Erik; he was just missing Erik's ice time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I know it's just 2 games in, we're not going to get 120 points this season. I know the Leafs can be better. But two games against two teams that should be at the bottom of the Division if not the League, and the Leafs have one (un-deserved) point. Time for a bag skate?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think people are starting to realize that karlsson, while highly skilled and able to put up points, was not the leader or teammate that most fans thought he was.

I think the Sens have looked fantastic and should be 2-0 right now. They're not outshooting their opponents but they're getting a lot of high quality scoring chances

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think the Sens should move Ceci move he's worthless in a trade

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone thinking we should have picked up Petersson instead of Tkcachuk?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone thinking we should have picked up Petersson instead of Tkcachuk?

After 2 games? Who knows. Tkatchuk is going to help this team in front of the net and on the forecheck while having high levels of skill, I think they knew what they were doing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes based on the 2 games he played and the 2 Tkachuk missed we should have drafted the undersized Swede.

Seriously, Cap, is the snow getting to you? It was Tkachuk or Zadina; Peterson was not in the conversation.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone thinking we should have picked up Petersson instead of Tkcachuk?

They were in two different drafts lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum