GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 29]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im not sure what all the information is saying but I’m relieved Batherson isn’t one of them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Mark Stone will be back just in time for the playoffs

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like Mark Stone will be back just in time for the playoffs

How surprising.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vegas wiht the long term extension.
There’s no way they can resign chandler Stephenson. Not to mention that they probably have 4 guys they have to either resign or move up from the AHL with a total 1.5 mill.

Not gonna happen.
They’ll lose marchessault for sure.
If I was a GM, I’d be trying to see if there’s a move to be done.
Because no GM will be doing them any favours.
It will be pacioretty all over again

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I hope they implement a rule that makes teams cap compliant for the playoffs. It's such BS

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope they implement a rule that makes teams cap compliant for the playoffs. It's such BS

Absolutely. The current rule of LTIR freeing up cap space is to cover the injury. Stone's spleen injury was legit, but what are the chances that he is able to go exactly when the playoffs start -- not a day earlier or a day later. Another rule could be if you are on LTIR from on-or-before trade deadline and all the way to the last day of the season, and the team takes advantage to go over the cap you have to miss a number of games at the start of the playoffs. The number of games should be determined by how much of the LTIR cushion the team used. As that could be complicated as hell the easier solution, of course, is to have to be cap compliant in the playoffs. But I suspect there will bee too much push-back for this.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NHL needs (and will get) a play-in tournament. Teams like the caps have no business being in the playoffs

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keefe is so done in Toronto and their core is rotten. Mitch Marner is embarrassingly bad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Saw on FB (so take with a grain of salt) that the Leafs' record without Matthews is 35-19-2, which extrapolates to 105 points for a full season. While I realize that stretches without Matthews were typically short (picking up the slack for a couple games is not the same as doing so for 82 games) but it's still an interesting stat.

Their problems go so much deeper that Keefe. MLSE is making lots of money on them regardless of lack of playoff success. The hockey people stop well below the top as opposed to most clubs where the POHO is usually second on the totem pole. Making money is more important than playoff results for the top brass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum