GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Two straight years Bishop is injured in the playoffs. That body will not hold up.

Can say the same for Price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Two straight years Bishop is injured in the playoffs. That body will not hold up.

That much I'll agree with. He's always getting hurt or getting boo boos. He won't hold up.

He's pretty clutch though. If Tampa had been able to find some offence in the Finals, they would have won.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With a muscle tear I wonder why they didn't put Vasilevsky in? Not that they necessarily lost because Bishop couldn't go to the left but that's exactly what happened on Kane's insurance goal, and there was another in G5 that was similar. But the bottom line is that this highest scoring NHL team just couldn't buy a goal. Johnson had an excuse (although I don't remember Subban dressing for the Bolts). Where was Stamkos?

They could resurrect those "Seen Stamkos?" ads but with a totally different slant.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

That much I'll agree with.  He's always getting hurt or getting boo boos.  He won't hold up.

He's pretty clutch though.  If Tampa had been able to find some offence in the Finals, they would have won.

lol basically, if they scored more goals than Chicago, they would have won? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

That much I'll agree with.  He's always getting hurt or getting boo boos.  He won't hold up.

He's pretty clutch though.  If Tampa had been able to find some offence in the Finals, they would have won.

lol basically, if they scored more goals than Chicago, they would have won? Sarcasm

They scored 1 goal in the last two games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

They scored 1 goal in the last two games.

Clearly this was what I meant. Couldn't score when the chips were down, otherwise Tampa had the goaltending to win

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.

Tons of stuff can happen. I seriously think the Pens and Canes might do something around Malkin and Staal but we'll see.

The Leafs are a Dung show and the empty suit running the show will only make it worse or, at best, not make it any better. Enjoy.

Furthermore, Bernier's wife tweeted some cryptic remarks that indicate he won't be back with the Leafs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.

Are you new to hockey?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.

Are you new to hockey?

Compared to you, I think we're all new.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see the leafs going after staal although that would be a total leafs move where they sacrifice the rebuild for a quick move. I don't see them doing that in this short term. Maybe a few years from now when they get false hopes under Babcock. But for the moment rite now they are committed to the rebuild.

I hope they keep Bernier. I don't want any team softening the market more than it is.

Staal will likely get moved if they don't come to terms with a new contract. They will not lose him for nothing. book it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Matt Cooke on waivers. End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I don't see the leafs going after staal although that would be a total leafs move where they sacrifice the rebuild for a quick move. I don't see them doing that in this short term. Maybe a few years from now when they get false hopes under Babcock. But for the moment rite now they are committed to the rebuild.

I hope they keep Bernier. I don't want any team softening the market more than it is.

Staal will likely get moved if they don't come to terms with a new contract. They will not lose him for nothing. book it.

I remember the all-star game in Carolina where Kessel went last overall in the player draft. Staal was very anti-Toronto. He made quite a few snide remarks about it being the center of the universe. Even though he was probably a Leafs fan growing up, he may not want to play there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Matt Cooke on waivers.  End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

Melnyk will insist that Murray picks him up so that he can personally end his career. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum