GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And before you go off an say that Smith does not belong on that list imagine if he was not signed -- would anyone offer him much after the season he had? Or even the last 2?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:PTO, why?  They've got plenty of PTO-like players as it is.  Gaborik, Pajaarvi, Pyatt, Boedker, Smith.  Can you think of any old free agents that would be any better than someone on that list?

Maybe someone on a PTO outplays some of those guys.
There’s guys like chris Stewart, Patrick sharp, Cody franson, cammalleri, Vrbatta, Emelin, seindenberg, Davidson, Garisson, Toby Enstrom.

Some guys I there that would definitely beat out some of our guys for spots. It’s not like we couldn’t use one or two Dman to drive competition and win out a spot. Enstrom comes to mind. But I wonder if he’s not injured.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's zero point bringing in another forward on a PTO. Lots of young guys that need ice time.

If we offered a defenceman a PTO, I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Enstrom signs in Sweden. Kinda surprised. They guy went from being a top pairing Dman down to no NHL jobs in just a couple of seasons. It’s hard to believe if he stayed healthy he couldn’t have secured a 4-5th spot on our line-up

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What is Sbisa up to?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What is Sbisa up to?
I don’t know. Isn’t there warts to his game? Like serious warts?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

They mentioned how he played every gamee of the WCF and the Cup Finals.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They mentioned how he played every gamee of the WCF and the Cup Finals.
Well maybe the sens should have a look at that. It’s not like our D is a powerhouse.
It’s like half our D are 7th Dmen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That sounds like a bit of a hyperbole. Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros. That's pretty decent on the right side. The left side has Chabot, Wolanin, Boro.

After that you've got the Harpurs, Englunds, Sieloffs and so on.

If you bring in Sbisa to play on the second pairing, that gives you Boro/Wolanin as the 6/7. I can live with that. Actually, it's too early to play Chabot in the top pairing, so Sbisa with Karlsson.

Karlsson- Sbisa
Ceci - Chabot
Wideman - Wolanin

Jaros/Boro/Harpur as the extras.

No matter how you slice it, the second pairing is scary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That sounds like a bit of a hyperbole. Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros. That's pretty decent on the right side. The left side has Chabot, Wolanin, Boro.

After that you've got the Harpurs, Englunds, Sieloffs and so on.

If you bring in Sbisa to play on the second pairing, that gives you Boro/Wolanin as the 6/7. I can live with that. Actually, it's too early to play Chabot in the top pairing, so Sbisa with Karlsson.

Karlsson- Sbisa
Ceci - Chabot
Wideman - Wolanin

Jaros/Boro/Harpur as the extras.

No matter how you slice it, the second pairing is scary.

I keep forgetting about Wolanin but in all honesty do we see him as a top 4 dman starting off? he did have a great showing in the limited games he had but a full NHL game schedule is quite the jump coming from NCAA. I think he'll wind up benched at one point this season if he makes the jump to the sens.
and lets face it, wideman, Jaros(untested commodity), Boro and harper are really 7th D on a good team. so I have no problems with the sens bringing in a guy thats got a bit more of a proven record in the NHL and that has a better chance of sliding into the top 4. and who knows what we get back when Karlsson is traded. theres no guarantee we get a top 4 dman.

ill be honest, I really don't like what this team is made of. a lot of youth is vying for position and that will be fun to watch but IMO everything is going to have to go perfect for us to not be a bottom 3 team in this league this year(And thats with the belief that Kalrsson is gone and we likely will be forced to part ways with stone and/or duschene.

but again, I'm the voice of pessimism

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But we're not taking about to four. Your said half our D are 7D.

If they still insist on playing Ceci as a shutdown guy it doesn't matter who plays with him; it will be disasterous.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I also strongly disagree that Wideman is a 7D.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who were the 7D on the Capitals, for example? Bowey, Chorney, Kempny. You're saying Chris Wideman would be fighting for ice time with those guys?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:But we're not taking about to four. Your said half our D are 7D.

If they still insist on playing Ceci as a shutdown guy it doesn't matter who plays with him; it will be disasterous.

Yeah I did. After karlsson, Ceci and chabot it’s pretty much 7th D. I think Wideman is a 6th, 7D on a good team. My opinion. I don’t think he’s shown enough to get enough minutes or to be paired on nothing more than the bottom pairing. If anything I think he’d be better utilized on the PP but not as much outside of it.

I totally agree though that Ceci is miscast as a shutdown D. I have no idea why that decision has been made or what they are trying to teach him but they are completely limiting his potential. They better not do that to chabot.
If kalrsson gets dealt I hope they get in return an all around good Dman good in all zones. Someone that could grow with chabot for the top pairing. Sergachev and chabot pairing might be crazy, too young to handle that responsibility but deadly down the line. Or I like the idea of Theodore out of Vegas that could play with Ceci. But that leaves a hole on the right side.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Interesting to see the Dvorak and Larkin deals. 6 and 5 years. Nice to see teams not going for the max lengths.

I wouldn't be surprised if contract length is a contentious issue in the next CBA.

I hope taxation issues are somehow discussed. Unfair that Canadian teams have to deal with both higher taxes and exchange rates. Wish there was an offset.
Be careful what you wish for. For example, to offset higher taxes in Ontario, Quebec and California, clubs in those markets have 14% more cap room to equal cap room for teams from Florida, Texas, Washington, Tennessee, etc....

If a player is traded to a lower tax team then the add on pay is gone.

Essentially it would give high taxation teams extra cap space, which would be used by the Leafs to their advantage, while teams like the Sens would not fall further behind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum