GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

$20 is a done deal.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 Crazy-kid-birthday-gif

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone else think that this is a move that benefits NJD the most? Lamoriello has brought that franchise to the brink of horrendous.

Lou had already stepped down as GM.  But they do get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

He was the Shanny of the Devils organization, and he's a control freak. You think he wasn't going to have Shero answering to him?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

$20 is a done deal.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 Crazy-kid-birthday-gif

Pay up, NEELY. $1.1M one-year deal with Habs. How much does anyone want to bet he outproduces Chiasson who will probably be getting quite a bit more?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chiasson will not get "quite a bit" more than $1.1M, but there's no point in arguing with you.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

5 year extension for Braden Holby - $30.5M. $6.1M per year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:5 year extension for Braden Holby - $30.5M.  $6.1M per year.

Nice add for the Crapitals.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Good contract for Holtby. Ev, I owe you 20, wait till next Thurs.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Great deal for Holtby and the Caps.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Chiasson will not get "quite a bit" more than $1.1M, but there's no point in arguing with you.

I was actually thinking $1.5M. If he gets $1.5M that's 36% more (1.5 / 1.1 = 1.3636). I got a 15% raise one year (during the dot com bubble times) and I considered that "quite a bit more".

Also, Jurco got $1.8M and his stats are worse. I think Chiasson is getting $2M if not more. $2M is 82% more than $1.1M. Would that be considered "quite a bit"?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whatever he gets, he's statying with the Sens because, really, they could do worse. They have no control over the money he will be awarded and they cannot walk away from it. And (assuming) it's a one year so Chiasson will be working his Donkey off for next year's contract. He's still a 6'4" forward who *can* score. Recall last year, start of the season he was playing pretty well but kept hitting the iron. A bit of puck luck early on in the season and, who knows, but certainly 15 goals would have been possible. His lack of success seemed to put him in a funk where he didn't even appear to try as hard -- that's lack of maturity. He has to realize that with his size even if he's not scoring he can still be effective. Or he'll be playing in Europe in short order.

I certainly don't think he will earn whatever the arbitrator gives him, but it's just one year and there's still plenty of upside.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago

Not sure if out yet, but NYR offer to Stepan is $5.2M. Stepan ask is $7.25M

We're well on our way to another lockout, aren't we. With the loonie headed to 50 cents it's just a matter of time.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Chiasson will not get "quite a bit" more than $1.1M, but there's no point in arguing with you.

I was actually thinking $1.5M.  If he gets $1.5M that's 36% more (1.5 / 1.1 = 1.3636).  I got a 15% raise one year (during the dot com bubble times) and I considered that "quite a bit more".  

Also, Jurco got $1.8M and his stats are worse.  I think Chiasson is getting $2M if not more.  $2M is 82% more than $1.1M.  Would that be considered "quite a bit"?

Again, Jurco got $1.8 / 2 years, for an AAV of $900k. A similar deal for Chiasson would be totally fair, if you ask me, tho' it's likely to be slightly higher simply because of Chiasson's higher salary (relative to Jurco) last year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Adam larsson with a 6 years 25 mil deal. I guess they are paying for potential again here. The kid will probably be better than he is now but that's a lot of commitment.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's a lot of term but the AAV isn't bad. Just a little more than Cowen Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Slightly surprised no team's taken a low salary flyer on Erat and perhaps even Fleishmann and Ryder.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alex Chiasson will be making more money than Alex Semin.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Alex Chiasson will be making more money than Alex Semin.

not really. Semin is getting 6 million this year.

Either way I'd rather have Chiasson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Alex Chiasson will be making more money than Alex Semin.

not really. Semin is getting 6 million this year.

Either way I'd rather have Chiasson.

You *know* what I mean. And, no, I don't think there are many that would rather have Chiasson. I would rather have what Chiasson was projecting to be a couple years ago but, but that's not what he is right now. Right now, I'll be happy if he scores 12-15 goals, doesn't take away someone else's, better-deserved powerplay ice time, and goes away. I'd be happier if he actually played like a guy trying to earn $2.475M on his next contract.

Whatever. Pretty sure Alex Semin will be a better PPM player next season than Chiasson. Both will be motivated, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum