GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's even more delicious is all of leafs land simontaneously doing Facepalm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Lou Lamoriello named Leafs GM. lol.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=775458

Same old Laffs. Not that we expected anything else.

Nobody saw that coming.  Crazy.  It's funny, because no one even knows if this will be a good thing or a bad thing for the Leafs.

It will be a good thing for Sens fans.

I don't even know anymore, but I do know it's a massive change for an old guy used to running the entire show.

Making up for not having an NHL team they are putting together an All star front office? I can see this all crumbling down if shanabanana doesn't curb his ego. There will be some clashes. The Devils haven't been great at drafting either so I wonder if Lou will be permitted to bring in his own guys.

Does Lou strike anyone as the analytics type of guy? Man this is just throwing Dung at the wall and hoping it sticks. But still it's an impressive pile of Dung.

Unpossible.

This is all going as I predicted.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lou really drafted an amazing prospect pool in NJ.  He's really the guy to helm the rebuild.  Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus, Deputy Dbag is a piece of Dung.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lou has drafted some very good players in NJ but no one worth mentioning in the last 10 or so years aside from Henrique in the 3rd rd. Hockeysfuture has them last in the league

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Lou has drafted some very good players in NJ but no one worth mentioning in the last 10 or so years aside from Henrique in the 3rd rd. Hockeysfuture has them last in the league

DownGoesBrown theorizes that basically Lou will just be the figurehead to deflect criticism while Shanahan and all the other hockey wizards in Leaf land make the decisions. Lou apparently will also be a decent mentor to guys like Kyle Dubas?

I dunno, it's all weird.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

BrewinFlames wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/talent/caps-holtby-asks-for-one-year-8m-deal-ahead-of-arbitration-1.333987

Holtby asking for one year, $8M ahead of arbitration.  Wowza.

Just not gonna happen, in no way is he worth that, and he's bat crazy if he thinks he is.

He's just trying to increase the distance between their offer and his to up the middle ground.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Lammy had that ridiculous hydra coach setup last year. Now he joins a team with a ridiculous AGM setup and a hyper-douche at the helm.

This should be spectacular. Munch

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Lou has drafted some very good players in NJ but no one worth mentioning in the last 10 or so years aside from Henrique in the 3rd rd. Hockeysfuture has them last in the league

DownGoesBrown theorizes that basically Lou will just be the figurehead to deflect criticism while Shanahan and all the other hockey wizards in Leaf land make the decisions. Lou apparently will also be a decent mentor to guys like Kyle Dubas?

I dunno, it's all weird.
The only part I see Lou maybe being good at is the wheeling and dealing. Trades kind of stuff. But I doubt they put him in charge of any drafting, development or anything like that. It's too bad because in the end run all those things come together and this is where heads will butt. And we will laugh! The Dung show continues!

Still, very surprised to see Lou leave NJ.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LL is nothing but a guy who is going to guide the organization through trades and help develop a "culture" but the Toronto media will make that impossible Smile Smile Smile Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else think that this is a move that benefits NJD the most? Lamoriello has brought that franchise to the brink of horrendous.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Anyone else think that this is a move that benefits NJD the most? Lamoriello has brought that franchise to the brink of horrendous.
well i just heard that they didn't renew the contract of their head scout before moving lou out of the GM seat. maybe it's really on the scouting a bit. also lou  could only do with what he was given. he did bring his team to the finals a few years ago. im not saying he's right, he's a dinosaur. but he's not a schmuck.

i'm hoping he hires his newly out of work head scout.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:

I dunno, it's all weird.

They changed the culture there for sure but they have tried too hard to get credible people into their management. They have ego upon ego whether it's Babcock, Hunter, Shanahan, or LL and the one guy that they need to have confidence and an ego is Dubas who is going to get eaten alive if he doesn't stand up to absolutely everyone.

This is what happened with the Burke years other than Burke trading away all his draft picks, big names who either are well past their prime or haven't done anything.

The only thing I am really interested in still is whether or not Babcock can actually do something without Lidstrom, Kronwall, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg. Having 3, 4 HHOF players your whole career is a little different than having guys who are fighting to stay in the NHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the only thing Babcock can do (assuming he's as great as everyone says) is worsen Toronto's draft position by a few spots.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Anyone else think that this is a move that benefits NJD the most? Lamoriello has brought that franchise to the brink of horrendous.

Lou had already stepped down as GM. But they do get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

$20 is a done deal.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Crazy-kid-birthday-gif

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Lou had already stepped down as GM.  But they do get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

He was the Shanny of the Devils organization, and he's a control freak. You think he wasn't going to have Shero answering to him?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

$20 is a done deal.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Crazy-kid-birthday-gif

Pay up, NEELY. $1.1M one-year deal with Habs. How much does anyone want to bet he outproduces Chiasson who will probably be getting quite a bit more?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum