GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 29]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Sanderson was deployed like Dahlin and playing with a younger veteran I think the offensive production gap would be a lot smaller.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Devon Toews extended for 7 x $7.25M.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Matthews is on fire -- first player to get back-to-back hatties to start the season since Ovechkin in 2017-18; before that you have to go back 100 years to Cy Denneny, Joe Malone and Reg Noble, all in 1917-18.

DeBrincat has 3 goals in 2 games and is +3. Good things happen when you don't play lazy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Matthews is on fire -- first player to get back-to-back hatties to start the season since Ovechkin in 2017-18; before that you have to go back 100 years to Cy Denneny, Joe Malone and Reg Noble, all in 1917-18.

DeBrincat has 3 goals in 2 games and is +3.  Good things happen when you don't play lazy.
I love how everyone is going crazy about Debrincat like he never did that with the sens. He had multiple games like that.

Matthews will run away with the rocket. He’s the second best player in the league IMO

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa, Florida and Buffalo at the bottom of the Atlantic, just like everybody thought.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Way, way *WAY* too early but it's nevertheless fun seeing the Leafs below the Sens in the standings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Liljegren with a high ankle sprain after being (marginally) slew-footed by Marchand into the boards. No penalty, zero response from his team mates. Keefe "hated everything about that play".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently the wikipedia page for Woodcroft had him as "former coach for the Edmonton Oilers" some time last night. Someone jumped the gun. But by how long? I think they do a roster shake-up first, before any other moves. They need a goalie who can stop pucks occasionally. They also need an upgrade on D. They also need an upgrade in their bottom 6. The more I think about it the more I think the GM has to go. It's a lot easier being GM of a team with Nik Lidstrom on it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, there you go.  Holland is gone.

EDIT: maybe a bit premature.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, looks like a fell for it. Still, could be soon. The team is a mess and needs major upgrades everywhere -- that's on the GM.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Well, there you go.  Holland is gone.

Where are you getting all this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

I was stupid and didn't check number of replies or followers.

Apparently he's in his last year and expected to retire after this. In that case unlikely they fire him. And like I said earlier first step would be a roster shakeup, anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Remember when Debrincat had a completely unsustainable hot start? The guy is ice cold now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well there it is. The Oilers are moving on from Woodcroft and Manson. Knaubloch is going to be the next HC (according to Seravalli). Coffey will also step in as assistant

Last edited by wprager on Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I was stupid and didn't check number of replies or followers.

Apparently he's in his last year and expected to retire after this. In that case unlikely they fire him. And like I said earlier first step would be a roster shakeup, anyway.

I also heard that Holland is in his last year and might retire after this season.

Glad he had time to make another team a mess after the red wings.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brad Treliving is well on his way to doing the same in Toronto

Leaf fans already chasing Klingberg out of town

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why did someone lock the Ottawa thread?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are two threads The locked one is an old one that got too long I think. Maybe the second one also got locked?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum