GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 29]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He's only started 26 games (vs. 37 for Samsonov). It's his third stint on the IR this season.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He was out of action on 5 occasions last year.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So the Chicago wolves of the AHL are going to not be associated to any NHL teams next season.
Im really questioning the logic of this move.
Of course it means that when your NHL team doesn’t have many prospects you’re left more or less on your own but what are the chances of an AHL team being able to attract key FA on its team if they don’t stand a chance of proving they can make it to a parent club? You also have no access to a pipeline.

Does someone care to argue the rational?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Toronto finding new ways to embarrass themselves in the playoffs. 😂

Talk about a team that refuses to address their most pressing needs.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Toronto finding new ways to embarrass themselves in the playoffs. 😂

Talk about a team that refuses to address their most pressing needs.

No just the team Fans too apparently it's not the teams fault the didn't show up it's Wes McCauley has it out for O'Keefe

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What day you now? I believe I said ROR was exactly the player they needed. Pretty much won them G3.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Leafs cup to win IMO. No Boston or NYR to deal with now. I can see Carolina beating them, and maybe Vegas in the Cup Final but aside from those two teams, I don't think they're going to be stopped. I also don't want to get ahead of myself - Tampa is a shell of what they were 2/3 years ago and were brutal down the stretch. 3 of the 4 Toronto wins in OT. The series could have gone either way.

That said, if Toronto does win it makes it that much easier for Matthews to leave and for their demise to begin. Also if they're going to win, I'm happy they didn't go through Ottawa. We'll eliminate them next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Leafs cup to win IMO. No Boston or NYR to deal with now. I can see Carolina beating them, and maybe Vegas in the Cup Final but aside from those two teams, I don't think they're going to be stopped. I also don't want to get ahead of myself - Tampa is a shell of what they were 2/3 years ago and were brutal down the stretch. 3 of the 4 Toronto wins in OT. The series could have gone either way.

That said, if Toronto does win it makes it that much easier for Matthews to leave and for their demise to begin. Also if they're going to win, I'm happy they didn't go through Ottawa. We'll eliminate them next season.

Still thinking that?

Schmidt is on fire. Carolina (if they get healthy) is strong. And then aside from Vegas don't forget about McDavid.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Leafs cup to win IMO. No Boston or NYR to deal with now. I can see Carolina beating them, and maybe Vegas in the Cup Final but aside from those two teams, I don't think they're going to be stopped. I also don't want to get ahead of myself - Tampa is a shell of what they were 2/3 years ago and were brutal down the stretch. 3 of the 4 Toronto wins in OT. The series could have gone either way.

Still thinking that?

Schmidt is on fire. Carolina (if they get healthy) is strong. And then aside from Vegas don't forget about McDavid.

Tampa couldn’t buy a win at the end of the season. Definitely a shell of themselves.
I wouldn’t discount the team that beat Boston. They might make quick change of the leafs. As they’ve shown last night.
wether they can beat NJ or Carolina remains to be seen. Carolina is missing some big pieces. NJ is my bet to get through on this one.

As far as the west goes. Who knows. I think Vegas is a good bet but any team remaining could surprise.
It’s a real crapshoot of a year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's worked well (Boston, Columbus, Tampa last year) was a physical game and a hard, smothering forecheck. Tampa simply didn't do it this year, and they coughed up 3 leads which they ended up losing in OT. If Florida can limit PP chances and maintain a hard forecheck, they should be able to beat Toronto. That said, Toronto has the edge all over the ice but the playoffs are a different beast.

Can't wait to see our Tkachuk in the playoffs, and our Draisaitl (Stutzle). We're going to be a hard team to beat in a 7 game series once we get our goaltending and depth forwards sorted out. Here's hoping Greig can put on at least 15 lbs this off-season, Chych gets his injuries under control, etc

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Matt Murray apparently practiced for the first time since his injury 3 days ago. They are quickly running out of track.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fan 590 and TSN 1050 were hilarious today. So much hate from the Toronto media even going as far as saying they were lucky to beat Tampa in the first round and didn't deserve to. Main themes:

- Fire Keefe. He can't coach
- Keep Dubas. He did enough at the deadline to warrant keeping his job. Fire the other executives
- Leafs players are weak between the ears. They brought in players like Spezza, Thornton, Marleau, Foligno and others to help with leadership and the core players just aren't getting it
- Tavares sucks. He's slow and not physical and he gets worse the faster and more physical games get. They should move on from him in the off-season
- Nylander plays when he feels like playing. Keeping him is Dubas' only management issue
- They need to start from scratch. Except they need to keep Marner and Matthews.
- There's no depth in Toronto. This has been management's issue all along
- Draisaitl and McDavid are putting up 4/5 points a game. Leafs stars aren't showing up. Marner was terrible last night and they didn't start the start in OT.

I never thought I'd say this but I actually feel bad for the Leafs players (not fans). Ottawa media isn't anywhere close to this critical and this can't be easy for the players. It sounds like the Leafs window will come crashing down this off-season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Matthews playing hurt? It was brought up during the game and does sound like a possibility. I kinda agree about Keefe/Dubas. Also about Nylander. Not so much on Tavares.

That play in OT was All-Star-quality defending. As in All-Star Game.

Sounds like Wall will be getting the start in G4 ahead of Murray, based on what Keefe is saying. If Murray starts it's probably Dubas' decision. A sweep would be epic, but I think the Leafs will take this back to Toronto and lose in front of their fans just to rub it in.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Is Matthews playing hurt? It was brought up during the game and does sound like a possibility. I kinda agree about Keefe/Dubas. Also about Nylander. Not so much on Tavares.

That play in OT was All-Star-quality defending. As in All-Star Game.

Sounds like Wall will be getting the start in G4 ahead of Murray, based on what Keefe is saying. If Murray starts it's probably Dubas' decision. A sweep would be epic, but I think the Leafs will take this back to Toronto and lose in front of their fans just to rub it in.

He took a puck off the wrist, which maybe is the same wrist he got surgically repaired last year? I also think the same thing will happen - lose in 5 in front of the home crowd. Extend their home record to 1-6, but I'd much rather the sweep. Don't give them or their fans any hope.

I 100% expect Murray to be in the minors next year or on another team if Dubas is gone. What a dreadful trade. Would be epic if he came in and they won them the series though. Toronto's mistake for taking the team that beat Boston easily and taking a gamble on Murray given his 4 year decline. Literally no passion or heart in Toronto save maybe one or two players.

I honestly don't even know where to start with them:

- Samsonov needs a new contract and will be looking for a raise. What's he actually worth? Can't rely on Woll and Kallgren...
- Matthews has one year left on his deal and will probably want a raise if he stays. So paying even more money to a guy that can't win. Can't trade him either...
- Another two years of Tavares who is a shell of himself. Two years of Marner also but I don't have much bad to say about him other than he's also a perpetual loser
- Nylander's stock is probably at an all-time low. His problems are glaring and he's not going to change
- Brodie will be 33 next year, Giordano 40. Well past their primes
- UFAs: Kerfoot, O'Reilly, Kampf, Acciari, Bunting, Simmonds, Aston-Reese, Holl, Schenn, Gustaffson with some pretty bare cupboards. So their depth is that much worse. Very interested to see what they do with Bunting...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

From "Core Four" to speculations that they might be the "Core Sore" to the latest headline: "Core Fore".
https://twitter.com/Dave_Stubbs/status/1655537498590699522/photo/2

Oof! To borrow a phrase from Letterkenny, "That's a real kick in the knackers, bro." Seriously, if Matthews/Marner aren't there why would any self-respecting UFA want to sign there? Canada is still not a destination of choice because of taxes but I strongly suspect Toronto is on more no-trade lists than Ottawa, now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Landeskog's apparently out for all of 2023/24. Huge blow for the Avs. They have a ton of players entering UFA including Johnson's $6M, Compher at $3.5M, Eller at $2.4M, etc. I'm calculating close to $18M off the books. Of course McKinnon's salary doubles and that $18M turns into $12M very quickly. It'll be interesting to see what they do. They seem like a team who will be looking for depth

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should pin the C on MacKinnon if Landeskog is going to miss another season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Methot said this surgery was what ended his career. He couldn't come back from it at anywhere close to his full capability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum