GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
dennycrane
MarkStone
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan's finger isn't even broken this time...it's bruised.  He pulled himself out of the game last night because the pain was too much.  He should've made that call a half hour earlier so McCormick could've played.

Yeah. Trying Lazar in his spot was a failure. Boucher even resorted to trying Chris Neil in that spot which seemed to energize that line and the whole team.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lazar is basically our new Condra. Speedy, good defensively, can't score if his life depended on it.

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:Lazar is basically our new Condra.  Speedy, good defensively, can't score if his life depended on it.
that's depressing.
his value can't be too high right now either. it seems Boucher likes him. if he can't get him to score, i doubt anyone will.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:
kyle turris wrote:Bobby Ryan will be out for a while due to his hand again. Is it always the same hand? Is it made of glass or something? He might want to think about getting a better glove with better padding.

I'm telling everyone...we need a top six winger.
especially on the LW. what happened to Mac? he was supposed to be real close? my guess is that his symptoms have reduced quite a bit but they are still lingering. and if that's the case they may stay that way for a long long while.

we need a guy for the LW in a big way. i wouldn't do anything on the RW necessarily as a guy like Dzingel plays both sides and can spot in there until Ryan is back. come next year a guy like colin white will likely play 3rd line RW and move pyatt to the 4rth line (well, that's believing neil either retires of becomes a 13th forward, both a very plausible and could be good) but i don't see anyone as certain for that LW spot. I don't see smith being resigned and likely dzingel on that 3rd line LW spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't think Lazar was that bad. He got one shot on goal which is all that Ryan has done in, what, five games? Would have been nice to see a little more, but Smith and Dzingel had zero shots, and Brassard also had host the one.

With the exception of the first period, where they were shorthanded three times, the Sens outplayed the Sabres. Andy stopped 2 of 5 shots on the PP and that simply isn't the way to win. The Rangers were down 0-2 in their game as well and came back to win 3-2. Similar start to the game but a very different finish.

Next time we won this kind of game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan has a microfracture. I don't think it's the same finger all three times but, yes, he needs better gloves or something. This time door some train they can't freeze it.

I seriously doubt that the game would have been very different if Ryan sat and McCormick played.

Perhaps going with Condon would have been better to shake the team up a bit. Take them out of their comfort zone to focus them a little.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, now that they lost there is no problem with changing the lineup a bit. Sit Ryan, start Condon. Maybe shuffle the lines up a little. If Method can't I go, move Phaneuf up to play with Karlsson and Boro with Ceci. The second pairing has been brutal so far, and it's 24 games in. Maybe they need a shake up as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kyle turris wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
kyle turris wrote:Bobby Ryan will be out for a while due to his hand again. Is it always the same hand? Is it made of glass or something? He might want to think about getting a better glove with better padding.

especially on the LW. what happened to Mac? he was supposed to be real close? my guess is that his symptoms have reduced quite a bit but they are still lingering. and if that's the case they may stay that way for a long long while.

we need a guy for the LW in a big way. i wouldn't do anything on the RW necessarily as a guy like Dzingel plays both sides and can spot in there until Ryan is back. come next year a guy like colin white will likely play 3rd line RW and move pyatt to the 4rth line (well, that's believing neil either retires of becomes a 13th forward, both a very plausible and could be good) but i don't see anyone as certain for that LW spot. I don't see smith being resigned and likely dzingel on that 3rd line LW spot.  

Jussi Jokinen?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ryan has a microfracture. I don't think it's the same finger all three times but, yes, he needs better gloves or something. This time door some train they can't freeze it.

I seriously doubt that the game would have been very different if Ryan sat and McCormick played.

Perhaps going with Condon would have been better to shake the team up a bit. Take them out of their comfort zone to focus them a little.

A microfracture is just a bad bruise. We learned that when we tried to play up Stone's injury from the Subban slash. Being able to play through it is just a matter of pain tolerance.

Anderson was planned to leave the team after the game, so why would we have started anyone except him???

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not every bruise is a microfracture.  The two are not equivalent.  

http://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-interact/blog/2013/03/06/dr-marvin-brown-on-why-bone-bruise-is-a-misnomer/

The term bone bruise is a misnomer and makes the injury seem less serious than it is.  A so-called bone bruise is actually a fracturing of the inner layer of bone.
Bones are composed of 2 different types of bony tissue, the compact (cortical) bone and the cancellous (spongy) bone.  

*    The compact bone is the outer layer of bone and is highly organized, solid, and extremely strong.  When you injure this layer of the bone, it is referred to as a stress reaction or an occult fracture.
*    The cancellous bone is the innermost layer of bone.  Unlike the outer layer of bone, it is not arranged in concentric layers, but in plates (called trabeculae) which form an irregular meshwork that is neither as organized nor as strong as the outer bone.  An injury to this area of the bone represents very small fractures to the trabeculae in the meshwork of the bone and may be referred to as a bone bruise.

When they equate a microfracture to a bruise they are talking about a bone bruise.  The common definition of a "bruise" is a type of hematoma of tissue in which capillaries and sometimes venules are damaged by trauma, allowing blood to seep, hemorrhage, or extravasate into the surrounding interstitial tissues.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like it will be Karlsson with Claesson.

Because that second pairing is such an important part of the team.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:
kyle turris wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Jussi Jokinen?
Idk. How much gas does this guy still have in the tank? I'd like to be done with the days where the sens go after guys who aren't major improvements. I'd rather pay a higher price of a few picks or a high pick with a player to get an improvement. How many times should we have to bring in a hemsky for us to see it's not helping enough. I was thinking the other day about how I wouldn't be surprised if the sens brought in iggy at the trade deadline because it's such a sens type move.
Can we make some bolder moves?
I know I suggested JVR but I know how unlikely that might be. Must be some better players available. Especially with expansion looming.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Ryan has a microfracture. I don't think it's the same finger all three times but, yes, he needs better gloves or something. This time door some train they can't freeze it.

A microfracture is just a bad bruise.  We learned that when we tried to play up Stone's injury from the Subban slash.  Being able to play through it is just a matter of pain tolerance.

Anderson was planned to leave the team after the game, so why would we have started anyone except him???

You really have it in for him eh?
I don't think every bruise is e same either and pain tolerance can be very different in how they are tolerable depending on where the pain is. If he's having problem closing his hand around the stick because of the pain then I doubt he can be effective in his play.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

A microfracture is just a bad bruise.  We learned that when we tried to play up Stone's injury from the Subban slash.  Being able to play through it is just a matter of pain tolerance.

Stone was pretty ineffective after getting that slash from Subban, so regardless of it being a bad bruise or some type of fracture, the player is pretty much useless. Glad he's sitting out so he can recover.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kyle turris wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You really have it in for him eh?
I don't think every bruise is e same either and pain tolerance can be very different in how they are tolerable depending on where the pain is. If he's having problem closing his hand around the stick because of the pain then I doubt he can be effective in his play.

I think he put us in a bad spot by starting a game and then pulling himself out early on. Also, i question his will and desire. I think Burke was right when he said Bobby couldn't spell intensity. But I really do hope he comes back healthy and proves me wrong. His goal production has been declining the past couple seasons. He has 4 goals in his last 40 games. This is a giant concern.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With Ryan out McCormick will draw in ... as the 4th line left-winger. The only thing that Ryan's absence resulted in was more ice-time for the top 9. So don't tell me that we would have somehow been a stronger team if Ryan didn't play at all and we had McCormick there, instead.m Don't forget that they half anticipated this anyway, and had Lazar taking line rushes in his place.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:With Ryan out McCormick will draw in ... as the 4th line left-winger.  The only thing that Ryan's absence resulted in was more ice-time for the top 9.  So don't tell me that we would have somehow been a stronger team if Ryan didn't play at all and we had McCormick there, instead.

Typically I think it's better when a team has a full lineup for most of the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:With Ryan out McCormick will draw in ... as the 4th line left-winger.  The only thing that Ryan's absence resulted in was more ice-time for the top 9.  So don't tell me that we would have somehow been a stronger team if Ryan didn't play at all and we had McCormick there, instead.

Typically I think it's better when a team has a full lineup for most of the game.  

Over a stretch of 82? For sure. Single game a coach would prefer to play the top three lines. Shortening the bench is a common term, they do it when they need to generate more offense

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum