GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think it was a fair trade talent-wise. At the time Tampa couldn't protect everyone they wanted to in the expansion draft. They did not need to protect Sergachev. That's where Tampa won this trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Is today the day?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Is today the day?

Today is *a day.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Is today the day?
“Probably not”

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno if today is the day, but you gotta think that the next time we hear about it, it'll be because it's actually happening.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno if today is the day, but you gotta think that the next time we hear about it, it'll be because it's actually happening.
We haven’t heard anything since “interest shifted back to the stars” which was probably Dorion playing games and everyone just holding out.

I’ll tell you the most likely scenario: Tampa has figured that they could probably land karlsson for free next offseason so they’ve cooled off. The only was dorion makes it happen is if he finds another GM to come up with a half decent trade proposal and then goes to Yzerman telling him he’ll pull the trigger. Then maybe Yzerman pays up. 

Otherwise it seems Dorion may have dummies himself out of a good return.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I dunno if today is the day, but you gotta think that the next time we hear about it, it'll be because it's actually happening.
We haven’t heard anything since “interest shifted back to the stars” which was probably Dorion playing games and everyone just holding out.

I’ll tell you the most likely scenario: Tampa has figured that they could probably land karlsson for free next offseason so they’ve cooled off. The only was dorion makes it happen is if he finds another GM to come up with a half decent trade proposal and then goes to Yzerman telling him he’ll pull the trigger. Then maybe Yzerman pays up. 

He's in a lose lose no matter what. I am not pinning anything that happens on him, that's for sure.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Nah, I think you’ll hear about it way before next years deadline if at all. Media have a job to do in creating traffic.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He's in a lose lose no matter what. I am not pinning anything that happens on him, that's for sure.

Hopefully you can help pay his salary when this, in my opinion, is his last job in professional hockey.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Hopefully you can help pay his salary when this, in my opinion, is his last job in professional hockey.

I think he would definitely end up in scouting again, unless he wants to retire. He's well respected in the scouting community and has been an executive for a long time.

Whatever he does as GM doesn't tarnish his previous work.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think he would definitely end up in scouting again, unless he wants to retire. He's well respected in the scouting community and has been an executive for a long time.

Whatever he does as GM doesn't tarnish his previous work.

Yeah, I have no doubt he gets a job in scouting . I’m just not sure he can handle the pressure and maneuvering of being a GM. Like I’ve said before, he’s way too emotional for the job.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That’s a rather asinine opinion.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

So TSN is saying the Bonus money in Ottawa’s contract offer is an issue. So it’s not AAV or total dollars necessarily. This is on Karlsson not Melnyk or Dorion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It is funny what people read and then choose to believe. I guess that is bound to happen with a platform and pandering.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

So TSN is saying the Bonus money in Ottawa’s contract offer is an issue.  So it’s not AAV or total dollars necessarily.  This is on Karlsson not Melnyk or Dorion.

Could you provide a link for this info? I just want to hear context and who it came from. Seems unlikely that this is the only thing being problematic.

And if kalrsson refuses on a technicality it’s likely for a bigger reason like he doesn’t like the ownership/direction of the team or other internal problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum