GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can see both sides at this point. Maybe Karlsson has decided the grass is not always greener, maybe Alf has chatted with him, maybe he and duchene have chatted, maybe he's got some assurances that melnyk will be gone and maybe tampa said that hedman took a cut, if you want to play here, we can only offer 8 mil

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I can see both sides at this point.  Maybe Karlsson has decided the grass is not always greener, maybe Alf has chatted with him, maybe he and duchene have chatted, maybe he's got some assurances that melnyk will be gone and maybe tampa said that hedman took a cut, if you want to play here, we can only offer 8 mil

Have you heard anything suggesting he might stay?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have not. My guess is talks have stalled all around for Dorion. If this gets into August we're in trouble on a Karlsson return. Nothing happens in August

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I can see both sides at this point.  Maybe Karlsson has decided the grass is not always greener, maybe Alf has chatted with him, maybe he and duchene have chatted, maybe he's got some assurances that melnyk will be gone and maybe tampa said that hedman took a cut, if you want to play here, we can only offer 8 mil

I’ve been saying it for months, but no, nothing other than that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah but I’ve got you pegged under the “wishful thinking”category. Sarcasm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah but I’ve got you pegged under the “wishful thinking”category. Sarcasm

We shall see. Don’t really care if I’m right, I just hope I am.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

No, just saying there might be another side to this. It would be neat if they announced out of the blue that they had a deal worked out for him to stay.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No, just saying there might be another side to this.  It would be neat if they announced out of the blue that they had a deal worked out for him to stay.

Yeah. That would certainly make my day !

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No, just saying there might be another side to this.  It would be neat if they announced out of the blue that they had a deal worked out for him to stay.

That’s always been my opinion. But at the worst, he will be here until at least around the deadline.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I would prefer he was moved for a good return before the season, if not, deal him at the deadline. I don't think re-signing EK is a wise move for the org.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The MLB is a prime example of what happens when you sign players in their prime to long term deals. They have a few good years then you're stuck with ludicrous contracts you can't move. It happens to elite pitchers all the time. The sens would be best served to make a deal and move on

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The MLB is a prime example of what happens when you sign players in their prime to long term deals. They have a few good years then you're stuck with ludicrous contracts you can't move. It happens to elite pitchers all the time. The sens would be best served to make a deal and move on

Comparing baseball to hockey which have complete opposites in athletic ability, training, length of season, length of offseason, training habits, eating habits, etc, isn’t the greatest of comparisons in my opinion.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The MLB is a prime example of what happens when you sign players in their prime to long term deals. They have a few good years then you're stuck with ludicrous contracts you can't move. It happens to elite pitchers all the time. The sens would be best served to make a deal and move on

Comparing baseball to hockey which have complete opposites in athletic ability, training, length of season, length of offseason, training habits, eating habits, etc, isn’t the greatest of comparisons in my opinion.

You don't think it's an apt comparison? A couple of years ago Donaldson won the mvp, or was runner up, can't recall and the jays thought pretty carefully about a 30 million x 7 plus years this last off season and look at how bad things would have turned out.

Past 30 is PAST an athlete's prime, sign someone past the 30 and you're asking for trouble.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.

I *hope* you are right. But I am nearly positive that you aren't.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.
Mmmmhhh who’s realizing this? If Dorion let’s this happen he’s terrible at making deals when the best returns are likely possible. My guess is kalrsson is gone at the latest by the end of training camp.

On another note I would love if we could resign him. To me he’s the kind of player that will be playing well for most of his next contract. His game isn’t overly physical. If he’s not asked to block shots he’ll be fine.

You guys are just preparing to accept what’s coming by playing down what he could mean for this team. Typical.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Mmmmhhh who’s realizing this? If Dorion let’s this happen he’s terrible at making deals when the best returns are likely possible. My guess is kalrsson is gone at the latest by the end of training camp.

On another note I would love if we could resign him. To me he’s the kind of player that will be playing well for most of his next contract. His game isn’t overly physical. If he’s not asked to block shots he’ll be fine.

You guys are just preparing to accept what’s coming by playing down what he could mean for this team. Typical.
I have said the Sens should consider moving Karlsson for a while, well before there was any hint it might happen. I had no idea the offers would be such crap, but there is way too much risk signing a 29 year old to an 8 year deal. I’d also prefer to pay a higher price for Stone and Duchesne on a shorter term, although that would never fly with this owner. 10 x 5 for Duch and Stone would be a smart move.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is such a dumb take that you're obviously just trolling now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum