GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 49]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Preseason means nothing but dam this team looks good and that’s without Norris, Pinto, and Batherson

Winnipeg looked a little slow. Ehlers out of the lineup and a flu bug going through the team probably didn't help. PK was on fire for both teams (refs were horrible -- handing out 5-6 in a row to each team). But a win is a win (and wasn't it Giroux scoring the 1st goal winner in each shutout?)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Preseason means nothing but dam this team looks good and that’s without Norris, Pinto, and Batherson

Winnipeg looked a little slow. Ehlers out of the lineup and a flu bug going through the team probably didn't help.  PK was on fire for both teams (refs were horrible -- handing out 5-6 in a row to each team).  But a win is a win (and wasn't it Giroux scoring the 1st goal winner in each shutout?)

I admittedly haven't been able to watch too many games, but from what I've seen Jarventie may be ahead of Greig right now? Different game and styles, but from what I've seen Jarventie as 2C (Norris role) and Greig as 3C (Pinto role) right now. Not sure Greig is ready for a top six or Jarventie would be best optimized in the bottom six. Chartier looks like he could do either role but is the secondary option.

Smejkal is my guy. Watched a few of his shifts and he's big, mean and creates offense. Seems pretty good defensively as well.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Grigori Denisenko on waivers. Always thought he'd be a good player. I guess things haven't worked out for him

Edit: A lot of players haven't panned out from the 1st Rd of the 2018 draft

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Time to sign Pinto

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess we’ll likely have the space due to LTIR.

If I’m pinto, I definitely only want a one year deal. I have a feeling he’ll be centering that 2nd line enough this year to inflate his next contract.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I guess we’ll likely have the space due to LTIR.

If I’m pinto, I definitely only want a one year deal. I have a feeling he’ll be centering that 2nd line enough this year to inflate his next contract.

It will be either 1 or 2

Norris is definitely concerning now but watching Greig play, I think we’ll be fine in the short term.

Also don’t see any way Kelly loses his spot yet

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How the hell did Fizer never play in the AHL yet? He looks like an NHL prospect

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Agree with all the decisions made last night. Jarventie played really well, but with Pinto signed he would have no opportunity for good ice time here. Josh Bailey played really well the last few games, so he will get signed if they have room imo.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Agree with all the decisions made last night. Jarventie played really well, but with Pinto signed he would have no opportunity for good ice time here. Josh Bailey played really well the last few games, so he will get signed if they have room imo.

I guess the problem is that Pinto isn't signed...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tyler Boucher didn't get a sniff of preseason either

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah he was injured. He’s playing for Belleville now though

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Agree with all the decisions made last night. Jarventie played really well, but with Pinto signed he would have no opportunity for good ice time here. Josh Bailey played really well the last few games, so he will get signed if they have room imo.

I guess the problem is that Pinto isn't signed...

Even with him unsigned I wouldn’t want Jarventie to play fourth line minutes.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Batherson-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-Kelly
Bailey
Chartier

Chychrun-Chabot
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Guenette

Korpisalo
Forsberg

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Batherson-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-Kelly
Bailey
Chartier

Chychrun-Chabot
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Guenette

Korpisalo
Forsberg

I'm good with this.

Honestly they should just put Norris on LTIR. Gives him three weeks to ramp up, gives us cap relief, and we can sign Pinto. Even if he is technically day to day he needs to practice and get up to game speed. Throwing him into a game at anything less than 90% is stupid at this point

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s a confusing situation because there’s no way they put him in a contact jersey if he actually had a re-injury. He seems very close to playing, so not sure how they can justify the LTIR.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 49]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum