GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Apr. 28th, 2013

+14
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
dennycrane
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is it, folks. As they have done many, many times in the last 30-some games, the Sens simply didn't score enough goals to win. A mistake by Karlsson led to a turnover and the first goal, then a deep inch by Gryba led to an odd-man rush and another goal (that Anderson likely would like to see again). The power-play was an 0-fer, again, although Turris's goal came only seconds after the man advantage expired. Another 40 shots on goal, another Vezina-calibre performance from a scrap-heap goalie.

So it comes down to the last (+1) day of the season. The Sens can finish 8th and face the Penguins, or move up to 7th to face either the Habs or the Bruins. The Bruins have been playing very un-Bruin-like hockey of late - exemplified my yesterday's game against the Capitals: a 2-0 lead (Bruins scoring?) that they could not hold, eventually losing in OT. Mind you, that was the also the best PP in the league scoring 3 goals to pull out the win -- not something the Sens are likely to do

Murray had said that both goalies would see action this weekend, which would imply Lehner getting the start. He also, later, said that the lineup will be the one to give the Sens the best chance at winning -- and Lehner hasn't played a game since a 3-1 win in Philly on April 11. So does this mean that vets like Alfie, Gonchar, Philips, along with some of the rookies and players nursing injuries won't get the rest that was promised a couple of days ago?

Even if every one plays, do we really stand a chance against a team we have not beaten all season? So do we forfeit the game to give some players a bit of rest before facing the Penguins? Or to we go for broke an try to force a Sens-Habs first round match up?

I'd say go for it, but still give some players a break. Play Lehner. #FreeJOB. #NoMoreKassian. Win one! The Bruins are vulnerable.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If anyone thinks the Bruins were truly vulnerable, you should be pulling for an OT/shootout loss.

I think that if Neil and Smith, who SD and I saw in person last night, start playing and stop whining and flopping around on the ice, they won't need to dress Kassian. I'd like to see Smith watch one from the press box.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Would be nice to close out on a win and score some mother Cussing goals.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:If anyone thinks the Bruins were truly vulnerable, you should be pulling for an OT/shootout loss.

I think that if Neil and Smith, who SD and I saw in person last night, start playing and stop whining and flopping around on the ice, they won't need to dress Kassian. I'd like to see Smith watch one from the press box.

I think it's too late to send that message. "Mac" had plenty of opportunity and extra bodies to try that already.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking over the previous games against Boston, as we all know, all four were 1-goal losses. The first two were SO and OT, which would suit us fine. JOB and Latendresse scored goals in those first two games. The other scorers against Boston include Daugavins, Benoit, Greening and Turris. Enough with the dog house, put O'Brien back in the lineup, and Latendresse as well. Rest Alfie as we'll need him in Round 1 more than now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Both Sens/Bruins won't skate today because of Celtics game at TD Garden. Lineup notes for both teams to come around 5pm ET.

https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/328483371154014208

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Forget the scenarios... Sens just need to get out there, win and get their female parental unit diddling playoff mojo going.

IT. IS. TIME.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just get a point, I don't think anyone wants to see or hear about Crosby for 2 weeks straight right off the hop.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens may have run out of gas. This might help:

580 CFRA ‏@CFRAOttawa

Elgin Street is closed between Gilmour and Waverley until 6 pm for Sens Mile chili cook-off & hockey tournament.

Nothing says playoff time in the Capital like a chili cook-off. Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mind you, with the Sens finishing off the season in Beantown ...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bring on the beans.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crosby not yet cleared for contact. Orpik still day-to-day (LBI). Fleury named his baby girl Estelle. Estelle should be keeping daddy up all night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens may have run out of gas. This might help:

580 CFRA ‏@CFRAOttawa

Elgin Street is closed between Gilmour and Waverley until 6 pm for Sens Mile chili cook-off & hockey tournament.

Nothing says playoff time in the Capital like a chili cook-off. Facepalm

you say chili? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Apr. 28th, 2013 Pepper

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

you say chili? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Apr. 28th, 2013 Pepper

You....complete.....me. HighFive

EDIT: NOOOOO where's ROY?????

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

3:70pm? I'm screwed!

Scenarios:

If OTT wins in regulation/OT/SO, we play MTL.
If OTT loses in OT/SO, we play BOS.
If OTT loses in regulation, we play PIT.

So, yeah, go get us some points, boys! I really don't need to hear the CBC announcers slobbering all over Crosby's Wang & balls for an entire series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum