GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY :: POSTPONED :: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Mon. Apr. 15th, 2013

+11
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bruins have lost two in a row and may be without Marchand and Bergeron. Time to kick 'em when they're down and grab points while we can. F the Bruins! All hail The Alfie!

GO SENS GO!!!

EDIT: Game has been postponed due to the explosions in Boston at the Boston Marathon. Right thing to do.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson confirmed to start tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/323481190751416320

"Craig Anderson will get the start vs. Boston tomorrow night."

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michalek and Alfredsson both sat out practice today for maintenance days.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cowen looks good; has yet to give coaching staff the green light that he's comfortable enough to play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Cowen looks good; has yet to give coaching staff the green light that he's comfortable enough to play.

First game since October, I don't know if Boston would be my preferred choice. On the other hand, they are not the fastest team, so maybe it would be good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PMac talks about Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen, Anderson, Pageau, etc.:
http://t.co/V28YupAJaT

Karlsson skated again today in full equipment (he's back from the Masters now) but not yet close to resuming practicing with the team.

He spoke to Spezza today and said he was in good spirits, but has not resumed skating yet.

Cowen hasn't come and said he's ready to play, so it sounds like it's up to Jared now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Bergeron is targeting this game for his return unfortunately, but yeah, the Bs are struggling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Bergeron is targeting this game for his return unfortunately, but yeah, the Bs are struggling.

Ehh, so what. Greening can take him out again. IIRC it didn't take much the last time -- I even missed it on replay.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think Bergeron is targeting this game for his return unfortunately, but yeah, the Bs are struggling.

Ehh, so what. Greening can take him out again. IIRC it didn't take much the last time -- I even missed it on replay.

It means we won't have the puck much since Bergeron is money on faceoffs and we suck (without Spezza).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Seriously?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Seriously?

Ever hear of false bravado? Got it in spades!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Bs will be missing their leading scorer, Brad Marchand. Looks like Khudobin may get the start, but it doesn't really matter who's in nets for them.

Hopefully we can carry some momentum in this game, but it'll take a much better effort than we've had lately. Even a single point would be huge in our continuing quest to finish 6th!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The Bs will be missing their leading scorer, Brad Marchand. Looks like Khudobin may get the start, but it doesn't really matter who's in nets for them.

Hopefully we can carry some momentum in this game, but it'll take a much better effort than we've had lately. Even a single point would be huge in our continuing quest to finish 6th!

Brad Marchand is their leading scorer? That's like saying some 5'8" rookie is *our* leading scorer. Wait, what?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Zibanejad has been 50% or better on faceoffs over the last 5 games. Turris has been 40 or worse in four of the last 5. Smith has been 53% or better over the same stretch (although he had a real clunker against the Devils, under 29%).

Zibanejad started slowly, but has been pretty consistent of late. We all know that Conacher had a lot of success on faceoffs. Those two should be taking the majority of the draws.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boston's scoring is pretty evenly spread out. Techincally, Marchand is tied with Jagr, with 33 pts. Marchand is also 2nd on their team with a +22 rating. Not bad for a 3rd round pick!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum