GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY :: POSTPONED :: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Mon. Apr. 15th, 2013

+11
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Right call to make.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Another serious bomb detonated at the JFK library. Sick world. Feel dirty as a human being right now.
really? i haven't seen that on the news. any links?

CNN, Yahoo, everywhere I think.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Another serious bomb detonated at the JFK library. Sick world. Feel dirty as a human being right now.
really? i haven't seen that on the news. any links?

CNN, Yahoo, everywhere I think.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/04/15/boston-marathon-explosion.html

Not sure if they are connected but they are treating them as connected.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Everytime something like this happens, I find I'm usually less shocked than everyone else... That's what happens when you watch disgustin news all over the world every day.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Our former nanny (hired her right out of college) was at the marathon (she's s serious runner). As soon as I heard I looked up her finish time -- saw that she had one, good sign. She updated her status on FB later to say she was fine. There are 107 runners from Ottawa, over 900 from Ontario.

As for the reports that only 2 are dead, there will be many more who are maimed. We're not talking scratches and cuts but lost limbs. Sickening to think someone actually planned this.

By the way, the Sens have a game tomorrow in Ottawa but the airport is closed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good news about the third explosion:

Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello

A little bit of good news amid the horror. #prayforboston RT @JFKLibrary All staff and visitors are safe and accounted for. Thank you.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Imagine living in Middle East.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Over 100 people treated at Boston Hospital right now. Damn it's getting way bigger than my initial reactions watching the video

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:

Yeah. I'd try to get out of there ASAP, but yeah, they live through this monthly.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Will the Sens have to bus it home.. or go to another airport and try to get all the players and gear on commercial flights?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:

You don't have to imagine. Some of the pictures are quire graphic.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/gallery/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Will the Sens have to bus it home.. or go to another airport and try to get all the players and gear on commercial flights?

If it was my decision I'd try to charter a coach unless I knew for sure I could get a flight out within the next 2-3 hours. Sure, it'll take 8 hours but they could be at the airport for several hours. More comfortable on a nice air-conditioned bus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Yeah. I'd try to get out of there ASAP, but yeah, they live through this monthly.

My gut tells me this is domestic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Steve Warne ‏@TGORSteve

RT@kidney4craig Library situation unrelated to bombs. Coinicidence. It was a fire that broke out in a mechanical room as per BPD.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is from an hour ago, so surprising I haven't seen it elsewhere:

New York Post ‏@nypost 1h

BREAKING: Cops guarding a suspect in Boston hospital after explosions. Watch for updates: http://nyp.st/XNzQCF

Edit: It's The Post. Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that was a short address by Obama.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lots of conflicting news coming out from all over the place. Twitter is a mass of noise.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I wouldn't listen to anything until Obama says it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum