GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY :: POSTPONED :: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Mon. Apr. 15th, 2013

+11
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that was a short address by Obama.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lots of conflicting news coming out from all over the place. Twitter is a mass of noise.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I wouldn't listen to anything until Obama says it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I wouldn't listen to anything until Obama says it.

Local law enforcement is supposed to have an update as we speak. CFRA should be carrying it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Local law enforcement is supposed to have an update as we speak. CFRA should be carrying it.

They just revised the press conference time to 8:30.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Again, this is a minor point: Sens-Bruins are most likely to make-up their game on Sunday, April 28th in Boston.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, they're pretty much the only one I would believe now for what is what.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Mendes: Again, this is a minor point: Sens-Bruins are most likely to make-up their game on Sunday, April 28th in Boston.

Both teams will be playing the second game on back-to-back nights. Cowen should be in the lineup by then. Wonder who else.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Mendes: Again, this is a minor point: Sens-Bruins are most likely to make-up their game on Sunday, April 28th in Boston.

Both teams will be playing the second game on back-to-back nights. Cowen should be in the lineup by then. Wonder who else.

Cowen will be the only other addition. Someone mentioned on Senschirp.. that Karlsson came off the ice limping today.. that's not good.

BTW.. someone on HB mentioned that the Bruins also have that game to make up that was cancelled because of a snowstorm... now how do they do that -- make up 2 games in what is left in this season.. which is 2 weeks?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If that's even remotely true he won't be back until next year, and at this point that's 100% fine.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:If that's even remotely true he won't be back until next year, and at this point that's 100% fine.
Has that been reported anywhere else?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If that's even remotely true he won't be back until next year, and at this point that's 100% fine.

Haven't heard anything personally.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
he's a sport fo wanting to be back bt honestly next year is a whole lot more promising so take it easy kid, next year the cup!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:
he's a sport fo wanting to be back bt honestly next year is a whole lot more promising so take it easy kid, next year the cup!

He would not be breaking any speed records coming back around the 2nd round. He had surgery in mid-February, so 3-1/2 months would make it end of May. Bieksa had his tendon cut 90% and was back in the lineup 3-1/2 months after surgery, so it's not inconceivable that Karlsson, with a 70% cut, could be back a bit sooner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They just caught one of the **** suckers behind the bombing. Die pig!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:They just caught one of the **** suckers behind the bombing. Die pig!
link?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:They just caught one of the **** suckers behind the bombing. Die pig!
link?

The NY Post was running a story within 2-3 hours after the blast how the cops were guarding a suspect in hospital. I saw it also picked up by another publication, stating how the "suspect" was badly burned in the explosion. Given how no-one has come forward to claim responsibility it is very likely a small operation, hence why my gut was going with internal terrorist.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
link?

Why must I find you the links. Ahhhhh!

Authorities arrested a suspect Wednesday in the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.
Details about the suspect's identity and motive were not immediately available. News of the arrest was first reported by CNN.
Investigators identified the suspect based on two videos taken before Monday's attack, the federal law enforcement source told Townsend.
One of the videos was surveillance footage taken at the nearby Lord & Taylor department store, the other was shot by a Boston television station, a source who has has been briefed on the investigation exclusively told CNN's John King.
The development came after a chaotic day in which investigators revealed more details about the makeup of the bombs and apparently unrelated scares over letters containing ricin gripped the nation's capital.
The bombs exploded 12 seconds apart near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and wounding about 180 others.
One of the bombs was housed in a pressure cooker hidden inside a backpack, the FBI said in a joint intelligence bulletin. The device also had fragments that may have included nails, BBs and ball bearings, the agency said.
The second bomb was also housed in a metal container, but it was not clear whether it too was in a pressure cooker, the FBI said.
The U.S. government has warned federal agencies in the past that terrorists could turn pressure cookers into bombs by packing them with explosives and shrapnel and detonating them with blasting caps.

But then:

There is conflicting information as to whether someone has been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum