GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013

+6
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Note that tonight's game and tomorrow's game are both 7:00 starts. Tonight's game is on SNET-E and RDS.

Ottawa is coming off that impressive 5-0 beatdown of the Penguins, but was that a one-off, or a sign that this team is finally turning the corner? We'll find out tonight against a very good Bruins team that currently sits atop the Atlantic division.

Injuries are a factor for the Bruins, who are currently missing Loui Eriksson, Dougie Hamilton, Daniel Paille, Chris Kelly, and Shawn Thornton (suspension).

Zibanejad is currently listed as questionable for the Sens, but he should make his return to the lineup tonight. Apparently he didn't play versus the Penguins due to the flu.

Projected Lines:

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad
Greening-Smith-Neil
Conacher-Pageau-Condra

Cowen-Karlsson
Phillips-Ceci
Methot-Gryba

Lehner
Anderson

For Ottawa, the only change I imagine we'll see is Zibanejad in for Kassian. Lehner to start!

Last edited by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

JUST. WIN.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heinekin at the ready!!!  Mother inlaw has the kids and is expect to run those little buggers ragged.  Bed time should coincide perfectly with puck drop!

Tongue

Edit: Plus mother inlaw should be gone just prior to popping open the first icey beverage!

Advantage Clutch?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, back to back home and home series vs the B's to start after the break. Big test for the Sens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

back to back losses....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The one plus about back-to-backs versus the Bs is at least we should see backup goalie Chad Johnson in one of the games...I'm guessing tomorrow in Ottawa. Might see Lehner then, too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Garrioch:
-----
Bruins have recalled goalie Niklas Svedberg from Providence for tonight. #Sens
-----

So this must mean one of the Bruins' goalies is out...Rask or Johnson...Here's hoping it's Rask.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now Garrioch says that there are three goalies on the ice for the Bs at their morning skate...so maybe either Rask or Johnson has the flu or something.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Heinekin at the ready!!!  Mother inlaw has the kids and is expect to run those little buggers ragged.  Bed time should coincide perfectly with puck drop!

Tongue

Edit:  Plus mother inlaw should be gone just prior to popping open the first icey beverage!

Advantage Clutch?

Save some of that Heineken for the MiL; she will have earned it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:back to back losses....

That's the spirit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Now Garrioch says that there are three goalies on the ice for the Bs at their morning skate...so maybe either Rask or Johnson has the flu or something.

Does it really matter who's in goal? Thornton is out of the lineup. *THORNTON* This should be a cakewalk. Our fourth line will smoke theirs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rask will start for the Bruins.

As per Joe Haggerty:
----
No issues with Tuukka Rask or Chad Johnson that prompted Svedberg recall. Bruins just want to get a look at Niklas Svedberg at NHL level
----

So maybe we'll be up against Svedberg tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like Dupuis will be out long-term. Looks like it, too -- check out the flex on that knee:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013 BcgG4XnCIAAE7zN

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If only it had been Crysby.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not to defend Spezza at all, but a few days ago I had suggested that it could be Michalek dragging him down as opposed to the other way around:

According to ExtraSkater.com, Spezza had been on the ice for 21 five-on-five goals for and 32 five-on-five goals against prior to Monday’s win over Pittsburgh. In other words, when Spezza is on the ice at five-on-five, the opposition has scored 60.4 per cent of the goals.

There is evidence suggesting most of Spezza’s even-strength defensive difficulties have occurred while playing with Michalek at five-on-five. In fact, when these two have been separated this season, Spezza not only becomes a more productive player, the number of goals that he is on the ice for gets reduced by half.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/many-predicted-the-senators-would-be-elite-this-season-these-numbers-show-why-they-arent

Michalek looks to be back with Spezza, now, but has been skating better of late. So here's hoping.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum