GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013

+6
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like Dupuis will be out long-term. Looks like it, too -- check out the flex on that knee:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013 - Page 2 BcgG4XnCIAAE7zN

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If only it had been Crysby.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not to defend Spezza at all, but a few days ago I had suggested that it could be Michalek dragging him down as opposed to the other way around:

According to ExtraSkater.com, Spezza had been on the ice for 21 five-on-five goals for and 32 five-on-five goals against prior to Monday’s win over Pittsburgh. In other words, when Spezza is on the ice at five-on-five, the opposition has scored 60.4 per cent of the goals.

There is evidence suggesting most of Spezza’s even-strength defensive difficulties have occurred while playing with Michalek at five-on-five. In fact, when these two have been separated this season, Spezza not only becomes a more productive player, the number of goals that he is on the ice for gets reduced by half.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/many-predicted-the-senators-would-be-elite-this-season-these-numbers-show-why-they-arent

Michalek looks to be back with Spezza, now, but has been skating better of late. So here's hoping.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both Michalek and Spezza can share the blame. Michalek recently has shown a few glimpses of improvement.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens team photo (mup-lighting edition):

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013 - Page 2 BcTXPVmCYAAHV8k

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner to start! Guess they are saving Anderson for the home game....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:If only it had been Crysby.

Hehe. What a big baby.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A Crysbaby even?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A Crysbaby even?

Cryin' like a little punk. Makes me sick to my stomach.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner goes. Zib a game time decision.

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/416622785843437568

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rask goes.

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/status/416608153883516928

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

He's saying the hit was unnecessary:

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/416627545031720960

Give me a break. That's it. It's decided, Toews has to get the 'C' now. Two rings, simply a better Captain.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Toews is very whiny himself

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He's saying the hit was unnecessary:

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/416627545031720960

Give me a break.  That's it.  It's decided, Toews has to get the 'C' now.  Two rings, simply a better Captain.
Wow. Last time I checked we were playing hockey right? The knee injury to Dupuis was a freak accident from a good check. It happens. Suck it up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Crosby thinks it would have been more polite, gentlemanly to let the two of them go in for a clear two-on-one. Fans love two-on-ones and goals. Hip checks are so retro.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hold on...wprager complaining about a guy whining. That,s like Charlie Manson complaining about a guy killin others

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hold on...wprager complaining about a guy whining. That,s like Charlie Manson complaining about a guy killin others

Hey Ooooooooooooooooooo.  GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013 - Page 2 164414 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That wasn't even remotely funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum