GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins :: 7:00pm ET :: Fri. Dec 27 2013

+6
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Maybe try to get Hagelin as well by dangling Cowen?  Not sure, but were a 1 line, flat team offensively.  We take a lot of shots, but they're right at the crest most times.  Need some creativity in the lineup.
as much as that makes sense now I'm scared that's a deal NYR end up winning a couple years from now. Cowen could be a beast in the future.

I'm down with aquiring DZ at the right price. wondering what that price is right now. i'm a little surprised he's a continuous scratch in NY and i'm wondering what all the red flags are with him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen has been the best dman lately. No chance they are even thinking about trading him.

Also why he hate for dreger. About as connected as it gets.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? Has dreger ever had any information before anyone else?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know about Cowen, but I defer to the Murrays on that one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not making a comparison but it took Chara a while to find his game in the NHL. for sure due to injury Cowen's development has been slowed down a bit but who knows how much it could grow in the next 2-3 years. that's a player i'd rather hold unto. with ceci's play of late. Wier is the one that's making the more sense to trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Really?  Has dreger ever had any information before anyone else?

About the leafs, yes

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:i'm not making a comparison but it took Chara a while to find his game in the NHL. for sure due to injury Cowen's development has been slowed down a bit but who knows how much it could grow in the next 2-3 years. that's a player i'd rather hold unto.  with ceci's play of late. Wier is the one that's making the more sense to trade.

You've already seen the growth. Even Tyler Myers is good right now under Ted Nolan. cowen is untouchable.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Cowen has been the best dman lately. No chance they are  even thinking about trading him.

Also why he hate for dreger. About as connected as it gets.
Cowen was pretty horrid last night. But, the whole Sens D has been Dung lately...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i'm not making a comparison but it took Chara a while to find his game in the NHL. for sure due to injury Cowen's development has been slowed down a bit but who knows how much it could grow in the next 2-3 years. that's a player i'd rather hold unto.  with ceci's play of late. Wier is the one that's making the more sense to trade.

You've already seen the growth. Even Tyler Myers is good right now under Ted Nolan. cowen is untouchable.
growth yes, but there's still potential, plenty of it left to fulfill

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the way I see it is this season is a wash but hopefully some of the youngsters need it to grow. it's also a signaling point to clear some of the guys from here. it was a do or die season for spezza and we all know how that story is going. if he's not traded this season or in the off season i think it might signal a change in management is needed. we could probably try to bring in some leadership into this team in the offseason. a new positive leadership.
maybe that will have to come thru trade. I can't believe i'm saying this because it's a complete pipedream but Dan Boyle would of been a a great guy to have around for karlsson and ceci,weir/DZ.
i sincerely hope the guy that gets a new contract is Methot. even with some issues so have spoken off the ice he's a guy that can play hard and be an important guy to have around once we're ready to make a serious run.
obviously there's BR. just get the contract done. at this point i'll be ok with him getting 9 per year. for 8. he's just that needed here in ottawa and with our capspace....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum