GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY :: POSTPONED :: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Mon. Apr. 15th, 2013

+11
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The Bs will be missing their leading scorer, Brad Marchand. Looks like Khudobin may get the start, but it doesn't really matter who's in nets for them.

Hopefully we can carry some momentum in this game, but it'll take a much better effort than we've had lately. Even a single point would be huge in our continuing quest to finish 6th!

Brad Marchand is their leading scorer? That's like saying some 5'8" rookie is *our* leading scorer. Wait, what?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Zibanejad has been 50% or better on faceoffs over the last 5 games. Turris has been 40 or worse in four of the last 5. Smith has been 53% or better over the same stretch (although he had a real clunker against the Devils, under 29%).

Zibanejad started slowly, but has been pretty consistent of late. We all know that Conacher had a lot of success on faceoffs. Those two should be taking the majority of the draws.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boston's scoring is pretty evenly spread out. Techincally, Marchand is tied with Jagr, with 33 pts. Marchand is also 2nd on their team with a +22 rating. Not bad for a 3rd round pick!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Surprisingly, both Boston and Ottawa have the same number of players who are double-digit in points: 10. Their top-end is higher (our best are Conacher and Turris with 25 and 24, respectively, while on the Bruins Milan Lucic is 5th with 24) but as for being evenly spread out, it's pretty close.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Soderberg -- he'll join the Bruins on Wednesday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any word on Bergeron?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't seen any updates this morning on him...I assume we'll find out more around morning skate time.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting to note... it's the Boston Marathon today...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we're scheduled for a 48 round shootout??

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:So we're scheduled for a 48 round shootout??
Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bruins Preview indicating Bergeron could be available tonight... Marchand remains out.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020624

I'm sure we'll find out more after the skate today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bruins would be wise to keep Bergeron out. Is 2nd versus 4th really that much of a difference? Islanders vs. Leafs. Islanders have been hot of late.

Edit: Actually both spot identical 7-1-2 records in their last 10.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not a must win but a "very helpful" win for sure. Sens have been winning their must win games all year long so I expect a bit of a let down here.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I would be nice to beat the Bruins at least once this season... this is our last meeting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I would be nice to beat the Bruins at least once this season... this is our last meeting.

Agreed. A confidence boost in the home stretch is never a bad thing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wonder if Daug will be in the lineup tonight...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Redden! Totally forgot he was a Bruin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum