GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game?

+13
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Devo
wprager
Ev
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
SensGirl11
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game?

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_lcap225%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 3 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_lcap242%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_lcap217%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_lcap216%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Foligno might be enough to move up a good amount in the draft now, either way Ottawa is getting a good player. 2 sponts in the draft would cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder, Ottawa did it for nothing.

107Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm calling a massive betting scandal here. Bettman and his cronies made so much change betting on the Habs in each series. There's no other explanation.

108Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Why the Diddle did we make Crosby look so good in the first round?

109Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would never cheer for the Habs - ever. I would root against each equally if they went up against the Sharks for the Cup.

As if we moved up the draft. I love you Montreal! Ahhhhh!

Why the Diddle did we make Crosby look so good?

110Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Why the Diddle did we make Crosby look so good in the first round?

Because we were trying to be aggressive and he got a lot of breakaways. We provoked him by trying to hit him.
The Penguins had the puck most of the time against Montreal compared to against OTtawa.
Difference is, Halak is the most frustrating goalie in the world right now, and Montreal is playing the trap.

111Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

To a certain degree, I agree with Neely. We've been trained throughout the season to hate the habs, so I personally can't cheer for them (unless they face the sharks). That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions of who to cheer for. But I still remember how most of this country said "I'm not cheering for the sens" back when we went to the finals....so Diddle that Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 54934

I hate the habs, but a little part of me is very happy for ol' Jacques Martin. The man endured so much flak for not being able to win Game 7s for us, so its nice to see him find some success. That being said, it's 'bout time a senators draft pick won the cup....come on HOSSA!

112Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

no kidding eh? I'm tempted to say crosby and co. got burnt out after facing Ottawa, but Montreal just played these guys so well. No clear cuts to the net, full marks.

Just imagine if we could have hung on in game 6....I'm inclined to believe we could have won game 7. Sigh....what if? Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 821277

113Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 am

Dash wrote:Rangers will take Malkin. They will find a way to add him and Kovalchuk and Gonchar. Sarcasm

But really, I can only see a few teams able to acquire Malkin - Atlanta (though they may not want to absorb the contract), Columbus, and Nashville.

Why do people talk about the Pens trading Malkin? Salary Cap issues? If so, deal Fleury. He runs hot and ice cold. Way to Dung the bed tonight Maffy!

Oh, and after Gonchar's effort on the Moen (I think) goal when he looked like a matador waving at a bull as it went by, I don't want anything to do with him. I'd take Campbell any day over that guy.

114Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:To a certain degree, I agree with Neely. We've been trained throughout the season to hate the habs, so I personally can't cheer for them (unless they face the sharks). That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions of who to cheer for. But I still remember how most of this country said "I'm not cheering for the sens" back when we went to the finals....so Diddle that Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 54934

I hate the habs, but a little part of me is very happy for ol' Jacques Martin. The man endured so much flak for not being able to win Game 7s for us, so its nice to see him find some success. That being said, it's 'bout time a senators draft pick won the cup....come on HOSSA!

When there's a game on, I can's sit dispassionately. I have to root for someone. It's not the same as cheering for them. I'm not running out and buying a P.K. Subban tee-shirt (but, man, that's a heck of a trip for a kid). I prefer for them to win over Pittsburgh (even though I picked Pittsburgh in the brackets pool.

I'm sure all reasonable people understand that.

Now, some of you, on the other hand. Come out and say that you *can't* be an Ottawa fan just because you want Montreal to win? If that is not stupid I don't know what is. My preference is that the Sens win. Didn't happen. Move on. Montreal winning won't make a lick of difference to the Sens (other than a better pick) and it won't make a difference to me. My 93 year old father in law who still cheers for them, it probably makes a difference to him, and I won't begrudge him that.

Night all. Have a go at one of the limericks while it's still Limerick Day, will ya?

115Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 7:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The biggest reason was that Clouston did not have the Alfie, Cullen, Fisher line against him until game 5. Coincidence or not that is when Crosby was rendered a non-factor.

- Unknown Author

116Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In the spirit of the Chris Neil = Win I have a new one to celebrate this series win by the Habs.

MAF = Money. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

117Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:17 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The real winners are Montreal businesses.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24221662

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 65556

118Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:The real winners are Montreal businesses.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24221662

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 65556

Agreed. Imagine what the damage could have been had the Habs lost? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

119Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:21 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I woke up this morning with a horrible feeling. I let my complete and utter hatred for Gary Bettman skew my views and I actually cheered for Montreal to win so his pet Sidney Crosby would lose out.

Now I'm stuck with the horrible feeling of having cheered for a team and fan base that is so annoying that I can hardly face the world. Only in Montreal would they riot and destroy their city for winning a playoff round.

I'm not sure if I was cheering for Montreal, as much as I was rooting against Pittsburgh, but I guess it's semantics now.

I need a penalty box so I can spend 2 minutes feeling shame.

120Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just cheered against Pittsburgh and feel quite good about the fact that Crosby was indeed made to look better than he was by the Sens in the first round and is in fact not some kind of god like figure.

- Unknown Author

121Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just cheered against Pittsburgh and feel quite good about the fact that Crosby was indeed made to look better than he was by the Sens in the first round and is in fact not some kind of god like figure.

I love seeing the guy lose too, but he is the best player in the world. He's done more than any player his age in history. The guy still has some growing up to do though.

122Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just cheered against Pittsburgh and feel quite good about the fact that Crosby was indeed made to look better than he was by the Sens in the first round and is in fact not some kind of god like figure.

I love seeing the guy lose too, but he is the best player in the world. He's done more than any player his age in history. The guy still has some growing up to do though.

My point was simple. A lot of the free wheeling and the way Crosby got his points in round one had a lot to do with how the Sens were playing. The evidence is in game 5 and 6 of round one and all 7 games of round 2. Had the Sens played that Cullen line vs. Crosby from the start we wouldn't have had guys like SpezD talking about the inevitable tap dance Crosby would do on the Habs (Which obviously never occurred).

I never denied Crosby was a great player but the way people were gushing over his play in games 1-4 of the first round was driving me crazy and now I feel somewhat vindicated.

I still can't figure out how Gill is doing it. He was known as a Pilon in TO, he goes to Pitt and wins a Cup, then to Montreal and helps shut down Sid the Kid.

- Unknown Author

123Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:

My point was simple. A lot of the free wheeling and the way Crosby got his points in round one had a lot to do with how the Sens were playing. The evidence is in game 5 and 6 of round one and all 7 games of round 2. Had the Sens played that Cullen line vs. Crosby from the start we wouldn't have had guys like SpezD talking about the inevitable tap dance Crosby would do on the Habs (Which obviously never occurred).

I never denied Crosby was a great player but the way people were gushing over his play in games 1-4 of the first round was driving me crazy and now I feel somewhat vindicated.

I still can't figure out how Gill is doing it. He was known as a Pilon in TO, he goes to Pitt and wins a Cup, then to Montreal and helps shut down Sid the Kid.

I dont think Crosby is the free wheeler you say he is. A lot of those goals came in close and were the result of hard work. A guy like Malkin who actually does free wheel was absolutely useless. As good as Crosby is he still gets some dirty goals and goes in those tough area's, a lot of player of his ilk do not do that.

Malkin was easily the biggest disapointment in that series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum