GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 2, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May 17th, 2013

+12
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
wprager
spader
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
tim1_2
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just win.

Spezza has been ruled out for Game 2... so far... we'll see in the next day if that holds. Gryba has not been ruled out yet, but if he can't go expect Benoit or Lundin to go in his place.

I'd be up for a Latendresse in and Kassian out switch to see if it sparks anything.

Stay out of the box, get in Vokoun's face, pucks to the net, hit the Pens hard and giv'r. GET THE SPLIT!

GO SENS GO!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Conacher needs to keep acting like Marchand

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Conacher needs to keep acting like Marchand
Heh. Doug MacLean on HC@Noon today was hilarious. He didn't seem to understand what Conacher was doing. He went on and on about "What was he thinking? Who does he think he is?". Good old Doug. I liked Conacher's moxy, but he'll need to be careful.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Conacher's been playing well lately - he shouldn't change a thing.

We just need a bounce or two to go our way, and hopefully Karlsson can get the PP clicking. We'll be a'ight.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Conacher needs to keep acting like Marchand

That's a good comparison as well. Conacher could be a real useful player for us if he plays his role well.

He certainly seems to have the talent.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The only thing about Conacher is that he goes down really easily - and the refs will soon stop calling 90% of things that happen to him.

Also, he takes penalties a lot - or if not a lot at bad moments. Otherwise this kid is that aggressive little sparkplug that reminds everyone of a Gallagher lite or a Marchard lite - and the lite part could be temporary. Great pick up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, what's with Sportsnet etc. saying we were 'dominated' by Pittsburgh? That's just not true.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The only thing about Conacher is that he goes down really easily - and the refs will soon stop calling 90% of things that happen to him.

Also, he takes penalties a lot - or if not a lot at bad moments. Otherwise this kid is that aggressive little sparkplug that reminds everyone of a Gallagher lite or a Marchard lite - and the lite part could be temporary. Great pick up.

He's closer to Ryan Shannon or Oleg Petrov than he is to Gallagher. Let's be realistic here.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The only thing about Conacher is that he goes down really easily - and the refs will soon stop calling 90% of things that happen to him.

He's closer to Ryan Shannon or Oleg Petrov than he is to Gallagher. Let's be realistic here.

I'll say this: Conacher's probably spent more time stationed in front of the net as a Senator than Shannon did in his entire time here.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, what's with Sportsnet etc. saying we were 'dominated' by Pittsburgh? That's just not true.

Meh. The Sens were a bit flat. They had lots of chances but no finish. I don't have much of a problem with that assessment. Shrug

EDIT: In fact, I hope the Sens think they were dominated as well. They need to come out hungry instead of riding out the initial fury and then trying to capitalize. This team needs to come charging out of the gate tomorrow night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Let's not forget Nathan Gerbe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

BS. Shannon was good, but he didn't drive the net at all like Conacher. Also, Conacher hits more than I've seen Shannon and Petrov ever hit combined. He doesn't give a Dung at all. Big guy? Who cares, you'll see him hit him. Little guy, even better. In front of the net? No problem! Hit him all you want, he'll just bounce back up.

I think under Mac's direction this kid will be a LOT more like Gallagher than he will Petrov or Shannon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also, what's with Sportsnet etc. saying we were 'dominated' by Pittsburgh? That's just not true.

Meh. The Sens were a bit flat. They had lots of chances but no finish. I don't have much of a problem with that assessment. Shrug

EDIT: In fact, I hope the Sens think they were dominated as well. They need to come out hungry instead of riding out the initial fury and then trying to capitalize. This team needs to come charging out of the gate tomorrow night.

Yeah, they need to come out and smash some Pens and drive the net on Vokoun more than we've ever done it. Get right in his face - and on PPs, I want someone to eat Mexican all day today and tonight and literally spritz Vokoun with diarrhea. I want him to suffer on the PPs, look through a big body and get farted on.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe Mr. Chris Neil should take up his spot again in front of the net on the PP.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Maybe Mr. Chris Neil should take up his spot again in front of the net on the PP.

I remember the first season that they had him on the PP and it looked like he might reach 20 goals. He can score. He isn't consistent enough for PP1 duty, but who knows what they'll try. I seem to remember seeing Greening out for the PP last game! Vertigo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum