GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 2, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May 17th, 2013

+12
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
wprager
spader
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
tim1_2
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Thats' more like it!

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Pageau reminds me of a young Alfie

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

So if we lose, do we go with the Lehner next game....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Unleash the Giggler on Sunday...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Feels bad man.

Game #3 is a MUST MOTHER Cussing WIN.

Spezza.

Lehner.

Let's go.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You do not play Lehner next game. Please.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah get Andy back. He should have some fire in his belly. Gotta stop allowing those early goals for starters.

And karlsson has gotta go on a heavy drinking binge to forget his terrible game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:You do not play Lehner next game. Please.
Don't question the mindfucker. Please.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Yeah get Andy back. He should have some fire in his belly. Gotta stop allowing those early goals for starters.

And karlsson has gotta go on a heavy drinking binge to forget his terrible game.

Karlsson won't be good in these playoffs. Just isn't 100%.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate to say it but this doesn't look good right now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Feels bad man.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Penguins trailed the Caps 2-0 in 09, and they were up 2-0 against Montreal...let's go!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They played well in the last half. Friggin frustrating, but if they can channel that, they might win a game or two. Pageau's awesome.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We still have Anderson. If any goalie can steal a game or two, it's him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We look like a team without Spezza and a 50% Karlsson UhHuh

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Penguins trailed the Caps 2-0 in 09, and they were up 2-0 against Montreal...let's go!

And Rangers were down 0-2 to the Caps in '13.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking for positives:

1. We scored 1 goal in the first and 3 in the second. Progress.
2. We were flying through the neutral ice. Had no problems breaking out of our own zone or going through the middle -- is the Penguins forecheck that bad? How about chipping it in just before the blue line on their D once in a while? Murray, Engelland, Orpik -- think any of them can beat Pageau to the puck in the corner when they try to stand them up on the blue line? Not a chance.
3. Even with the very uneven powerplay numbers we were only down by one.

We lost by 1 considering:
1. Karlsson played half his usual minutes (yes, I know it was because he sucked, but I'm hoping here that he will be better.
2. All those penalties. Not arguing they were deserved or not, but Pittsburgh was not playing a clean game by any stretch of the imagination. Really hated that high stick on Pageau -- Crosby lifted his stick, so how can you be in control of your stick if a bigger, stronger opposing player does an upward slash on it?
3. Spezza will be in, so bye-bye Tenderloin. Kassian may not have brought much in terms of offense, but I also don't think he would have done what Latendresse did coming out of the box: nothing. The team kills off your penalty, at least try to help them when your 2 minutes are up.
4. Our goaltending needs to be better and it can be. We have not seen a game from Anderson like G1 from round 1. We know he can play better, and so can Lehner. I still think PMac goes back to Anderson on Sunday, but he will have a shorter leash than in the first 2 games.
5. Sens have been fantastic at home this year. I have to think it has to do something with line matching. Inserting Spezza on the PP and against the lines/pairings that PMac wants can result in a very effective player being added to the lineup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum