GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013

+13
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to Pitt with the Sens facing elimination from Round 2 down 3-1 in the series. Put Game 4 out of our minds fast. Look forward, not backward. Sens will need to bounce back quick if they have any hope of extending this series. Will be interesting to see if PMac goes back to Conacher or if there are any other changes. Gotta believe. GO SENS GO!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lock the other thread. Burn it! BLOW IT UP!!!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

All we need right now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta find a way to play with the puck more. Too much time spent in our own end, Matrix needs a break for more than 15 seconds at a time.

At this point any roster change doesn't really matter. Neither Stone or Conacher will be a series-changer - everyone needs to be better.

If we can find a way to win this game on Friday, all bets are off. This team has faced ridiculous adversity for the last 5 months. This game will be their toughest test.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Believe!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Desperation hockey, Sens play it well. Looking forward to it but win or lose this was a hell of a season.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Gotta find a way to play with the puck more. Too much time spent in our own end, Matrix needs a break for more than 15 seconds at a time.

That's been happening a lot this year and in the playoffs with Karlsson out or nowhere near 100%.

Wiercioch has been hurt for the playoffs as well and he is good at moving the puck as well.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

As much as karlsson has been diving, it's much more infuriating when a guy like Orpik dives in the 3rd period, up 6-2 in the game, and gets the call in his favor.

So pens diving = powerplays
Sens diving = zilch and goals the other way

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per some guy named Josh Yohe:

The Penguins are 0-6 all-time under Dan Bylsma when they have a chance to end a series in Pittsburgh.

---

We can't lose! PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 77131PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 284474

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:As much as karlsson has been diving, it's much more infuriating when a guy like Orpik dives in the 3rd period, up 6-2 in the game, and gets the call in his favor.

Not even important. Karlsson has to stop because he's looking like 20 year old Crosby right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:As much as karlsson has been diving, it's much more infuriating when a guy like Orpik dives in the 3rd period, up 6-2 in the game, and gets the call in his favor.

That's what happens when the fix is in.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Not even important. Karlsson has to stop because he's looking like 20 year old Crosby right now.

Funny, I was going to say the same thing, and then I didn't want to bother. Pretty much all star players go through this sort of thing at a young age. I think you even see Crosby whining a little less at the refs than he used to. It's a learning process - you end up earning respect and the benefit of the doubt from the refs if you go about things the right way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He needs to be a leader on this team no matter how old he is - and it bugs the Dung out of me when I see him go down and stay down while the play continues. The refs won't call it just because you're laying down, you need to get the hell up and talk to them afterwards.

I yelled at the TV so loud when he was sitting there last night while they scored on us. So Cussing bad for a future captain of this team.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep, a young Alfie would never do that

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Funny, I was going to say the same thing, and then I didn't want to bother. Pretty much all star players go through this sort of thing at a young age. I think you even see Crosby whining a little less at the refs than he used to. It's a learning process - you end up earning respect and the benefit of the doubt from the refs if you go about things the right way.

Learning to be an NHLer is one thing, learning to be a star is another. It takes time and it's all part of it. It just has to change at some point and that's all people are saying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum