GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 49]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

We’re in trouble then

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

We’re in trouble then

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he will not improve his game in all facets. He’s still the age that most guys get their first trial at the NHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

We’re in trouble then

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he will not improve his game in all facets. He’s still the age that most guys get their first trial at the NHL.

He could become like Aho but I don’t think that will win you anything important

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He has the tools to be a top 15 player in the league. He needs to mature and get consistent line mates, both things that I think will take time

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He has the tools to be a top 15 player in the league. He needs to mature and get consistent line mates, both things that I think will take time

Now that we know he's had a bad wrist since early in the season, what does every one think? He only mentioned having problems taking draws but you've got to think his wrist-shot would also be affected. There were far too many plays where he had a perfect lane to shoot but opted to pass, instead.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He has the tools to be a top 15 player in the league. He needs to mature and get consistent line mates, both things that I think will take time

Now that we know he's had a bad wrist since early in the season, what does every one think?  He only mentioned having problems taking draws but you've got to think his wrist-shot would also be affected.  There were far too many plays where he had a perfect lane to shoot but opted to pass, instead.  

How about get it fixed then play to your potential? I don’t really buy it. He’s always been pass first

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Almost scored 40 goals last year

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What would a markstrom deal have to look like For Calgary to take back Korpisalo?
If any team might be willing to take him back, it’s Calgary. They’re gonna be tanking for a few years as they will undoubtedly start a rebuild. They have a cheap enough prospect to split goaltending duties.

I imagine one of our first would have to be included. Maybe including our highest pick might lower the asking price as it’s around the 7th overall.
I wonder what else would have to be tacked on. A top prospect? But who is that. I doubt they have any interest in boucher whose value is pretty low. Maybe there’s something coming back in the Chycrun trade that could be sent their way.

Available tenders are short if we want a good one. Ullmark isn’t likely to waive to come here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

To Ottawa: Markstrom, Huberdeau
To Calgary: Norris, Korpisalo, Greig, 1st

It would take something like this

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To Ottawa: Markstrom, Huberdeau

I should add that Huberdeaus contract is a killer and a really tough one to move.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To Ottawa: Markstrom, Huberdeau

I should add that Huberdeaus contract is a killer and a really tough one to move.

Oufff. That’s bad asset management for both sides.
We take on more money than Calgary? Not a chance we do it.
Calgary is better off trying to get huberdeau going and then trade him while retaining 25%.
They could get a 1st and Grieg type of deal just for markstrum. And I’m not trading Grieg if I’m the sens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if a 1st, a third, Kleven , korpisalo with 1.5m retained would do it.
If I’m Calgary and I’m rebuilding, If I’m getting prospects, I prefer Dmen ready to jump in the league or forwards just drafted.
Build from the back end.

We could probably part with Kleven and be ok. He’s not busing into our top 4 and we can sign guys and vets that brings physicality.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Any LHD not named Sanderson is an option as long as we get back an RHD who can be a 3/4 (could be in a separate trade). I like Kleven but he's not hard to replace.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kleven isn’t easy to replace, you need that kind of player and he’s super cheap on an ELC. He’s more important than some think. He’s Belleville’s best D man and they look to be going on a run here

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not saying he's not a decent prospect. He brings an element that's missing. But he's not a top pairing guy so replacing him would not be all that difficult. Prefer to keep him but if he's part of a bigger trade to bring in an RHD to complement one of our top-4 lefties, or a starter you do it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think the sens can pass up on Tij Iginla is he’s available to us at our pick. He screams future star.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m gonna guess Todd McLellan will be our next head coach. Nobody has as impressive of a track record out there. Gruden and Woodcroft as assistants.

I wouldn’t mind any of the options talked about really, but Todd’s teams are consistently playoff and cup contenders. Obviously he is missing the cup win.

If Mike Sullivan is fired then he’d be the top choice imo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum