GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 51]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to go after Durzi or Walker. Both FAs at the end of the year. Both from Ontario. Both fit the age range of this team. Both with affordable contracts now. Both should have been pursued last off-season.

I'd actually like to see Staios do something now. Trade some players/assets for either of these two guys and get them under contract for next season. Don't leave this up to summer FA.

We should have lots of cap space with Brannstrom, Tarasenko, Kubalik, $5M in dead cap space. I know Sanderson's contract kicks in but we should have the cap space to do something a bit more significant.

We also have the 1st rd pick from Detroit. We should be weaponizing this and not using it on a late 1st rd pick that won't be NHL ready for 3-4 years

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I hate to bring out excuses but:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

Stutzle has take on both shoulders and both wrists are taped up. Would be surprised if others aren't also banged up (didn't Tarasenko take a big hit that should have been boarding?)

That middle-six defensively minded forward is former Hobey Baker runner up Pinto. Forget about Formenton.

This season is done.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I hate to bring out excuses but:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

Stutzle has take on both shoulders and both wrists are taped up.  Would be surprised if others aren't also banged up (didn't Tarasenko take a big hit that should have been boarding?)  

That middle-six defensively minded forward is former Hobey Baker runner up Pinto.  Forget about Formenton.  

This season is done.

The tape on his shoulders neck isn’t because of injury. It’s some pseudo science Dung that claims torrent injuries from happening.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to go after Durzi or Walker. Both FAs at the end of the year. Both from Ontario. Both fit the age range of this team. Both with affordable contracts now. Both should have been pursued last off-season.

I'd actually like to see Staios do something now. Trade some players/assets for either of these two guys and get them under contract for next season. Don't leave this up to summer FA.

We should have lots of cap space with Brannstrom, Tarasenko, Kubalik, $5M in dead cap space. I know Sanderson's contract kicks in but we should have the cap space to do something a bit more significant.

We also have the 1st rd pick from Detroit. We should be weaponizing this and not using it on a late 1st rd pick that won't be NHL ready for 3-4 years

I don’t think tarasanko has been bad at all. Not ideal given our depth that he plays on his offside, but not a guy if mine having back next year.

That said, he’s getting traded at the deadline if we are where we are or close come time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

Stutzle has take on both shoulders and both wrists are taped up.  Would be surprised if others aren't also banged up (didn't Tarasenko take a big hit that should have been boarding?)  

That middle-six defensively minded forward is former Hobey Baker runner up Pinto.  Forget about Formenton.  

This season is done.

The tape on his shoulders neck isn’t because of injury. It’s some pseudo science Dung that claims torrent injuries from happening.

I’ve been wondering what that was.
Any links?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

This season is done.

I’ve been wondering what that was.
Any links?
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/kinesio-tape-can-it-help-your-athletic-performance

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to go after Durzi or Walker. Both FAs at the end of the year. Both from Ontario. Both fit the age range of this team. Both with affordable contracts now. Both should have been pursued last off-season.

I don’t think tarasanko has been bad at all. Not ideal given our depth that he plays on his offside, but not a guy if mine having back next year.

That said, he’s getting traded at the deadline if we are where we are or close come time.

He's been fine but not the player we need. Honestly this team is missing Formenton. I know he's not coming back but he's the type of player this team needs

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tyler Boucher will be up by the end of the year. He’s exactly what we need in bottom 6

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Tyler Boucher will be up by the end of the year. He’s exactly what we need in bottom 6

If he can stay healthy. I imagine he's down there for the year. He needs to play games and needs more than 10 mins a night

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why some fans want to re-sign tarasenko. He’s been a good piece this year no question, but he does not have the shot anymore and would simply cost too much in term and dollars unless he can’t get that anywhere else and signs here for short term

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Not sure why some fans want to re-sign tarasenko. He’s been a good piece this year no question, but he does not have the shot anymore and would simply cost too much in term and dollars unless he can’t get that anywhere else and signs here for short term

Well it depends how much he wants.
Might be decent on a 3x5M.
He seems to like it here.
Maybe knows this is what he’s worth now.
Obviously no big contracts.
Might make batherson expandable if something were to happen to him like the WJ investigation.
I like tarasanko. He’s not utilized to his best because he plays on his off side.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fun game tonight. Forsberg made some quality saves and saves our Donkey from loosing.
I got worried we were gonna see the same pattern as the last 6 games.

But I was at the game and they barely ever lose when I come down to see them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Not sure why some fans want to re-sign tarasenko. He’s been a good piece this year no question, but he does not have the shot anymore and would simply cost too much in term and dollars unless he can’t get that anywhere else and signs here for short term

Well it depends how much he wants.
Might be decent on a 3x5M.
He seems to like it here.
Maybe knows this is what he’s worth now.
Obviously no big contracts.
Might make batherson expandable if something were to happen to him like the WJ investigation.
I like tarasanko. He’s not utilized to his best because he plays on his off side.

I probably wouldn’t give him more than 2 years. I don’t think he’ll be able to keep up in three years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Fun game tonight. Forsberg made some quality saves and saves our Donkey from loosing.

Well then go to every game Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Fun game tonight. Forsberg made some quality saves and saves our Donkey from loosing.

Well then go to every game Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
Sadly, it’s a long drive from Montreal. Shrug‍�

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well… hard to argue against this one. The Martin effect is bearing fruits.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Well… hard to argue against this one. The Martin effect is bearing fruits.

It’s also a case of they were never that terrible under DJ but something had to give. Their goal differential of -1 speaks to this. That just screams regression to the mean

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, Steve Staios POHO AND GM. Can’t say I’m all that surprised.
I don’t really like it. Means you can’t easily fire the GM who is the owners best friend.
You can remove yourself if you have the foresight to see you’re not doing the best job but when does that ever happen. Holmgreb?

Dave Poulin added to the group as senior VP of hockey OP which probably won’t have much to do with the on ice personal. Bowness as assistant GM (GM in waiting I suppose)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum