GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 50]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:How did the associate coaches (in charge of special teams/defence) and the goalie coach survive? They better be updating their resumes (maybe to remove their Senators experience).

Payne was fired

We all know why Bob Jones wasn’t…

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:How did the associate coaches (in charge of special teams/defence) and the goalie coach survive? They better be updating their resumes (maybe to remove their Senators experience).

Payne was fired

I guess Capuano was the only associate coach (I thought there were two associate coaches). Anyhow, yes, we know why Jones is still there but not sure about Capuano. Maybe he's got some weird termination clause.

Martin will have Alfie and Ben Sexton as assistants. Do they even need an "associate"? And who is the goalie coach, because they should be next to go.

And then let's look at pro scouting. They are largely responsible for all the goaltending issues we've had plus of course all the wrong vets they ended up bringing in. Giroux is the only one in recent memory that was a "hit" with many, many misses.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Payne was fired

I guess Capuano was the only associate coach (I thought there were two associate coaches).  Anyhow, yes, we know why Jones is still there but not sure about Capuano.  Maybe he's got some weird termination clause.  

Martin will have Alfie and Ben Sexton as assistants.  Do they even need an "associate"?  And who is the goalie coach, because they should be next to go.

And then let's look at pro scouting.  They are largely responsible for all the goaltending issues we've had plus of course all the wrong vets they ended up bringing in.  Giroux is the only one in recent memory that was a "hit" with many, many misses.

I think Korpisalo will show well. He doesn’t make that much money and hasn’t played in front of great team defnese yet.

The goalie coach is Sebastian Bachs brother Zack Bierk lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The road to respectability starts tonight. Tonight??? Tonight!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really feel like betting a Dung ton on the sens tonight

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Crooker here to stay for sure

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah he’s looked good for his role for sure

Hopefully Jacques can whip stutzle into shape. He plays way too intense and tries to do too much.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Really feel like betting a Dung ton on the sens tonight

Dodged a bullet?

Man, I went upstairs about half way through the second not only thinking this was in the bag but also assuming I'd be eating a $4 pizza the next day. Guess it's leftovers again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Yeah he’s looked good for his role for sure

Hopefully Jacques can whip stutzle into shape. He plays way too intense and tries to do too much.

Stutzle had a few talks on the bench (from both Martin and Alfie, IIRC).

Any chance they scratch Hamonic? They've got Larsson on the trip with them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Any chance they scratch Hamonic?  They've got Larsson on the trip with them.

This team cares too much about scoring points. Stutzle is a prime example. They need to understand how to play a 200 ft game and that playing well defensively is they key to winning ganes.

I wish they could make former GM's accountable for their egregious transactions.

- Took a massive L on the DeBrincat trade
- Stuck with Hamonic for another year
- Got us in a cap space jam

I suspect we'll see a player go sooner than later. Need to make room for Pinto

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

This team cares too much about scoring points. Stutzle is a prime example. They need to understand how to play a 200 ft game and that playing well defensively is they key to winning ganes.

I wish they could make former GM's accountable for their egregious transactions.

Also to the original point, let's hope he gets scratched

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

Also to the original point, let's hope he gets scratched

Instead, he's moved up to play with Chychrun. Good news for JBD, I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can’t believe Stutzle missed at the end. Oh wait I guess I can.

JBD is solid Diddle the haters

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Can’t believe Stutzle missed at the end. Oh wait I guess I can.

Honestly I think we're a solid defenseman and a middle six forward away from being a playoff team. I think we push for a playoff spot next year. We're not going to make the playoffs with Hamonic, Brannstrom, and JBD on our team. Too dumb, small, or inexperienced respectively. Our bottom six is horrendous right now. And Tarasenko and Kubalik simply haven't worked out.

Heading into next season:

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Greig-Stutzle-Batherson
XXX-Pinto-Joseph
Crookshank-Kastelic-XXX

Chabot-Zub
Chychrun-XXXX
Sanderson-JBD

- I'm over Kastelic and Kelly. Both bring zero to the table. In a bottom-line capacity we can keep Kastelic but my expectations are low
- MacEwen needs to be our 13th forward and never see the light of day
- We need a defensive minded 3rd liner. A good vet. Honestly, I think this team is really missing Formenton on the third line...
- I'm good with Smejkal or someone else on the fourth line so long as they play physically, are good defensively, and can kill penalties

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Can’t believe Stutzle missed at the end. Oh wait I guess I can.

Honestly I think we're a solid defenseman and a middle six forward away from being a playoff team. I think we push for a playoff spot next year. We're not going to make the playoffs with Hamonic, Brannstrom, and JBD on our team. Too dumb, small, or inexperienced respectively. Our bottom six is horrendous right now. And Tarasenko and Kubalik simply haven't worked out.

Heading into next season:

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Greig-Stutzle-Batherson
XXX-Pinto-Joseph
Crookshank-Kastelic-XXX

Chabot-Zub
Chychrun-XXXX
Sanderson-JBD

- I'm over Kastelic and Kelly. Both bring zero to the table. In a bottom-line capacity we can keep Kastelic but my expectations are low
- MacEwen needs to be our 13th forward and never see the light of day
- We need a defensive minded 3rd liner. A good vet. Honestly, I think this team is really missing Formenton on the third line...
- I'm good with Smejkal or someone else on the fourth line so long as they play physically, are good defensively, and can kill penalties

Well if we got the #1 pick it would change things drastically. However I don’t expect that at all. The sens aren’t close to being a basement team. I’ve never seen a team this low in the standings have close to a positive goal differential. It’s so strange.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to go after Durzi or Walker. Both FAs at the end of the year. Both from Ontario. Both fit the age range of this team. Both with affordable contracts now. Both should have been pursued last off-season.

I'd actually like to see Staios do something now. Trade some players/assets for either of these two guys and get them under contract for next season. Don't leave this up to summer FA.

We should have lots of cap space with Brannstrom, Tarasenko, Kubalik, $5M in dead cap space. I know Sanderson's contract kicks in but we should have the cap space to do something a bit more significant.

We also have the 1st rd pick from Detroit. We should be weaponizing this and not using it on a late 1st rd pick that won't be NHL ready for 3-4 years

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hate to bring out excuses but:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

Stutzle has take on both shoulders and both wrists are taped up. Would be surprised if others aren't also banged up (didn't Tarasenko take a big hit that should have been boarding?)

That middle-six defensively minded forward is former Hobey Baker runner up Pinto. Forget about Formenton.

This season is done.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I hate to bring out excuses but:
- Chabot
- Pinto
- Joseph

Stutzle has take on both shoulders and both wrists are taped up.  Would be surprised if others aren't also banged up (didn't Tarasenko take a big hit that should have been boarding?)  

That middle-six defensively minded forward is former Hobey Baker runner up Pinto.  Forget about Formenton.  

This season is done.

The tape on his shoulders neck isn’t because of injury. It’s some pseudo science Dung that claims torrent injuries from happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum