GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we shouldn't be re signing Nilsson. Hogberg can split time with Anderson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Sens finish 31st. If Colorado wins, the disaster is complete. I can’t think of anything else that this organization could do wrong. However, if Colorado falls to 2nd and drafts Kakko, I could get on board with Tkachuk and Kakko being equals. That doesn’t diminish Kakko’s elite talent, that is just me realizing Tkachuk is much better than I thought. Drafting anywhere in 3-10 range is a crap shoot anyway this year.

Hughes would be horrendous for us. Kakko even. 3-10 I like Tkachuk more.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Sens finish 31st. If Colorado wins, the disaster is complete. I can’t think of anything else that this organization could do wrong. However, if Colorado falls to 2nd and drafts Kakko, I could get on board with Tkachuk and Kakko being equals. That doesn’t diminish Kakko’s elite talent, that is just me realizing Tkachuk is much better than I thought. Drafting anywhere in 3-10 range is a crap shoot anyway this year.

It would suck if the pick ends up being 1st, but I'd rather have that happen than an East team getting the 1st pick. Best case is LA winning it. Worst case is Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, or Florida winning it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I can get behind your train of thought there.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Wolanin called back up with Harper out sick for tonight

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Wolanin called back up with Harper out sick for tonight

Oh for Diddle's sake. Damn it Harpur.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For what it's worth (nothing really), I ran the NHL lottery simulation 50 times. Here are the Sens/Avs pick results:

1st overall: 8 times
2nd overall: 7 times
3rd overall: 8 times
4th overall: 27 times

Actual results each draw:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:For what it's worth (nothing really), I ran the NHL lottery simulation 50 times. Here are the Sens/Avs pick results:

1st overall: 8 times
2nd overall: 7 times
3rd overall: 8 times
4th overall: 27 times

Actual results each draw:

No no no... you run us a Monte-Carlo simulation and get back with the results. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know if I’m a glutton for punishment but I can’t help but be happy that all the people are turning down the hockey ops position in Ottawa.
For a guy like Melnyk who thinks it’s a minority that thinks there’s a problem in the front office this might help drive the point across his humongous ego. No one wants to work with you Melnyk!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Sens finish 31st. If Colorado wins, the disaster is complete. I can’t think of anything else that this organization could do wrong. However, if Colorado falls to 2nd and drafts Kakko, I could get on board with Tkachuk and Kakko being equals. That doesn’t diminish Kakko’s elite talent, that is just me realizing Tkachuk is much better than I thought. Drafting anywhere in 3-10 range is a crap shoot anyway this year.

It would suck if the pick ends up being 1st, but I'd rather have that happen than an East team getting the 1st pick. Best case is LA winning it. Worst case is Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, or Florida winning it.

Yup. Dont want an eastern team getting it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Rangers are terrible and tkathuck is a huge bunghole lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:The Rangers are terrible and tkathuck is a huge bunghole lol

That sums it up nicely.

There were a bunch of names mentioned yesterday in the media that the Sens are looking at for their new President...Dean Lombardi, Ron Francis, Steve Yzerman, etc. Stevie Y would be my pick, hands-down, no contest. That said, I can't see him working for Melnyk.

It was interesting...back when Tampa hired Stevie Y as their GM, I thought what a great fit he would've been for the Sens, but Bryan Murray was still the GM at the time and then stepped down the following year as his cancer progressed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought it was all but a slam dunk that yzerman would go back to Detroit where his family is, but yeah hed be good

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Was it this site that some tried to pretend that Yzerman wasn’t an extremely good GM?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Probably, but no point talking about him as he's going to Detroit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum