GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:Seems like Wideman and Prince will get a nice long look.  

I know it's early, but those macarthur and ryan contracts are not looking so good right now....Mac is just too injury prone and ryan fell off a cliff.

is that a Diddle Trudeau avatar?

LOL yes, I didn't want to live in a country run by a pothead so I bounced to take my chances with Trump.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pothead, crackhead, crackpot.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We need to put Lazar back with Pageau. A one line team we have become.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:We need to put Lazar back with Pageau. A one line team we have become.

I thought he was? What needs to happen, IMO, is to stick Chiasson with Neil and Smith - for good, and move Prince up with Lazar and Pageau, while Michalek stays with ZBad.

Need scoring threats through the top 9 and Prince can score.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Maybe you break up the top line and move Hoffman with ZBad and Ryan to the left with Stone and Turris.  That'll get him going and Hoffman can do it himself right now.

So we break up one of, if not the best line in the NHL to spark Bobby Ryan?
There are multiple things they can try before going there.

It's not Hoffman that makes the line good, and that's proven. He is clearly the third best and least important member of the line, like Brandon sutter on the sedin line.

And when Zibby/Ryan/Hoffman were very good last year it was not Hoffman either.
And saturday's tying goal with a couple minutes to go was also a fluke.

I find it amazing how you just can't stop criticizing the guy while not saying a single bad thing about our 2 most underachieving players.

You have it completely backwards. I'm not criticizing Hoffman at all here. It's proven that Turris and Stone work with ANY winger. That is a fact based on what we've seen the last two years. You can't deny that. Turris and Stone were PPG players with MacArthur last year. If Hoffman can help out Ryan and Zibanejad then it's worth breaking up that top line. I don't think they were good just because of Hoffman last year, but he could help them now, or Ryan could go play with Turris as he should.

also if our two most underachieving players have a total of 9 points so far, then we're in good shape for the whole year. They have not been great, but I don't criticize many players after so little games.

Anyways, people saying you can't break up the top line because it's so hot don't seem to remember it's been broken up at least four-five times over the last three years and it has been great the whole time. Why? Because of Turris, the one constant, and now Stone.

I know what you're saying about Hoffman now. I still think he's better than McArthur on that line and should not be moved.
As for Zbad and Ryan, there's about 7-8 goals for/goals against difference between them and Turris/Stone. They're also the only forwards that are in the - on the team. At this point being responsible defensively would already be an upgrade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hammond goes tomorrow says Garrioch.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Maybe you break up the top line and move Hoffman with ZBad and Ryan to the left with Stone and Turris.  That'll get him going and Hoffman can do it himself right now.

So we break up one of, if not the best line in the NHL to spark Bobby Ryan?
There are multiple things they can try before going there.

It's not Hoffman that makes the line good, and that's proven. He is clearly the third best and least important member of the line, like Brandon sutter on the sedin line.

And when Zibby/Ryan/Hoffman were very good last year it was not Hoffman either.
And saturday's tying goal with a couple minutes to go was also a fluke.

I find it amazing how you just can't stop criticizing the guy while not saying a single bad thing about our 2 most underachieving players.

You have it completely backwards. I'm not criticizing Hoffman at all here. It's proven that Turris and Stone work with ANY winger. That is a fact based on what we've seen the last two years. You can't deny that. Turris and Stone were PPG players with MacArthur last year. If Hoffman can help out Ryan and Zibanejad then it's worth breaking up that top line. I don't think they were good just because of Hoffman last year, but he could help them now, or Ryan could go play with Turris as he should.

also if our two most underachieving players have a total of 9 points so far, then we're in good shape for the whole year. They have not been great, but I don't criticize many players after so little games.

Anyways, people saying you can't break up the top line because it's so hot don't seem to remember it's been broken up at least four-five times over the last three years and it has been great the whole time. Why? Because of Turris, the one constant, and now Stone.

I know what you're saying about Hoffman now. I still think he's better than McArthur on that line and should not be moved.
As for Zbad and Ryan, there's about 7-8 goals for/goals against difference between them and Turris/Stone. They're also the only forwards that are in the - on the team. At this point being responsible defensively would already be an upgrade.

Ryan has never been a minus in his career. He'll be fine.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Hammond goes tomorrow says Garrioch.

Time to resume the burgling of hams.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm still not worried about Ryan, simply because I think his center is dragging him down right now. Fact is Zibanejad has yet to show any consistency as a pro, plays a very lazy game for a center, and doesn't seem to have the work ethic needed to be a top 6 guy. All the tools, no tool box that I can see as of yet. If the Sens are leaning on #93 to be one of the go to guys... they could be in trouble.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see why they ever thought Zbad would be a go to guy. He'll be good, but I never once saw anything resembling a top line C. Turris - yes, you can see him progressing and becoming more and more comfortable against teams top checkers etc., but ZBad will be a good 2C when he puts it all together.

Same situation as last year unfortunately. We need to wait and see how he does once he 'starts the year' which is usually around game 25.

Ryan too, a slow starter that has tons of pressure on to perform now. He needs to be the catalyst.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't see why they ever thought Zbad would be a go to guy.  He'll be good, but I never once saw anything resembling a top line C.  Turris - yes, you can see him progressing and becoming more and more comfortable against teams top checkers etc., but ZBad will be a good 2C when he puts it all together.

Same situation as last year unfortunately.  We need to wait and see how he does once he 'starts the year' which is usually around game 25.

Ryan too, a slow starter that has tons of pressure on to perform now.  He needs to be the catalyst.

Zibanejad has already proven he's a Top 6. It's now about progressing. I do see the upside in him to be like what Turris is today or close, but he is still developing. I think he's just a slow starter, but I also think they should try him on the wing again playing an Ovechkin-like game shooting the puck from all areas. Maybe just for a bit to get him used to being more selfish.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I don't see why they ever thought Zbad would be a go to guy.  He'll be good, but I never once saw anything resembling a top line C.  Turris - yes, you can see him progressing and becoming more and more comfortable against teams top checkers etc., but ZBad will be a good 2C when he puts it all together.

Same situation as last year unfortunately.  We need to wait and see how he does once he 'starts the year' which is usually around game 25.

Ryan too, a slow starter that has tons of pressure on to perform now.  He needs to be the catalyst.

Zibanejad has already proven he's a Top 6. It's now about progressing. I do see the upside in him to be like what Turris is today or close, but he is still developing. I think he's just a slow starter, but I also think they should try him on the wing again playing an Ovechkin-like game shooting the puck from all areas. Maybe just for a bit to get him used to being more selfish.

In that case get him far away from Ryan because you need Ryan to score and you can see ZBad trying desperately to get him the puck. It's just not fitting right now, but...it did for a spell last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see the reluctance in putting Pageau there and putting Ryan on their left and ZBad on the right. Try it! Why not?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can't believe we have to wait 4 days and the reward for the long wait is a game against the "Who?" Jersey Devils.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Agreed. Give him time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum