GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:In the history of this franchise - perhaps excluding the expansion years, has this team ever needed a veteran left hander more than it does now?  Even a player with moderate success in the NHL for more than 5 years would be a blessing.

How...repeat: how are we still close to a playoff spot??  Forget Karlsson for the Hart, if we make the playoffs how about Anderson for Hart?

Karlsson will probably win the Hart at this rate.

You can add a veteran D on either side at this point. A righty to push Ceci down or a lefty to help him on the 2nd pairing. Either way.

I'd take either, but a lefty would give Ceci a partner to grow with, as opposed to sticking him with Wier and hoping one of them doesn't crap their pants on a shift by shift basis.

Yeah. Anyway, maybe you could say the same for Wiercioch having a partner to grow with.

All I can say is I hope this veteran D comes in and Ceci gets a lot better and proves me wrong. We all know that the next time I'm wrong will be the first time, though. People keep ignoring that he's been paired with Methot and it didn't work so I really don't know what to say anymore.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:In the history of this franchise - perhaps excluding the expansion years, has this team ever needed a veteran left hander more than it does now?  Even a player with moderate success in the NHL for more than 5 years would be a blessing.

How...repeat: how are we still close to a playoff spot??  Forget Karlsson for the Hart, if we make the playoffs how about Anderson for Hart?

Karlsson will probably win the Hart at this rate.

You can add a veteran D on either side at this point. A righty to push Ceci down or a lefty to help him on the 2nd pairing. Either way.

I'd take either, but a lefty would give Ceci a partner to grow with, as opposed to sticking him with Wier and hoping one of them doesn't crap their pants on a shift by shift basis.

Yeah. Anyway, maybe you could say the same for Wiercioch having a partner to grow with.

All I can say is I hope this veteran D comes in and Ceci gets a lot better and proves me wrong. We all know that the next time I'm wrong will be the first time, though. People keep ignoring that he's been paired with Methot and it didn't work so I really don't know what to say anymore.

I don't think there's really any comparables between Wiercioch and Ceci. Ceci has the frame to not get knocked off the puck, he's MUCH faster, he's basically as good an outlet passer already, he's got as good a shot. I liked Wier last year, but this year he's regressed again, I don't see a long future for him, but Ceci, I see a bright future personally.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson has been overrated this year. For me he hasn't stolen a lot of games. Shots against doesn't mean he's amazing if he stops all but 2 or 3. If we had Hammond in every game we'd have the same record or maybe better IMO.

Perhaps, but Anderson has been amazing 90% of the time.  I agree, a lot of shots don't tell the story, but you've watched, he's made incredible saves nightly to keep the Sens in the game and give them a chance.  You couldn't ask for anything more with the D we have.

You could ask for more than a 916 save percentage in today's NHL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson has been overrated this year. For me he hasn't stolen a lot of games. Shots against doesn't mean he's amazing if he stops all but 2 or 3. If we had Hammond in every game we'd have the same record or maybe better IMO.

Perhaps, but Anderson has been amazing 90% of the time.  I agree, a lot of shots don't tell the story, but you've watched, he's made incredible saves nightly to keep the Sens in the game and give them a chance.  You couldn't ask for anything more with the D we have.

You could ask for more than a 916 save percentage in today's NHL

I'm not really one for advanced stats personally, I prefer the old eye test, but I'd say Anderson has had to make saves that are above and beyond the 'normal' tough saves to keep the Sens in games. I'm very impressed with Hammond, so I'm not really scoffing at the suggestion that he could do the job, but as well as Anderson? I don't think so.

And .916 is pretty relative. Would you take someone with a .921 that plays for a team with good defence, or a guy at .916 with one of the worst defences in the league? I'd probably take the .916 guy.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6330

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum