GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Can't see Dorion sitting pat for long re defenseman. Have to think Formenton will be traded to a market that doesn't care about any transgressions and can absorb a loss if he's suspended.

Chychrun ready to return next week. Would prefer a rightie, though, and one who has played recently. I hope the answer isn't "Zaitsev" but I'm preparing myself.

These (from yesterday's practice) are concerning:

Sanderson-Hamonic
Bernard-Docker-Brannstrom
Holden-Larsson

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been having issues with TSN, staring last Thursday. I can play the game on my phone, but when I try casting it to a larger display (Sony TV running Google-TV OS, Vizio TV with DLNA, even in my chrome browser on my laptop) it pops up a regional blackout notice. On Saturday I logged a ticket with TSN and so far, nothing (except for two call backs where they keep asking me questions for which I had already provided answers).

As far as I can tell the issue may be related to the fact that a smartphone uses GPS for location while other devices use IP address. Although I am situated in Kanata, according to whatsmyip.com the IP address assigned to me is in Alfred, ON, which is more than half way to Montreal. Perhaps there was a recent change in Bell's network whereby my next upstream hop (and the DHCP server which allocates my IP address) was changed; or perhaps TSN made a change in tightening their regions. Regardless, I fully expect to *not* be able to watch the game on TSN tonight. And that pisses me off.

Even when it *is* working, I have to watch an ad whenever I start watching, and any time I switch to a different channel. That's in addition to paying $20/month for the service *and* seeing ads on the telecast itself. Plus switching channels takes upwards of 10-15 seconds (to say nothing of having to do this on my phone (since there is no TSN app directly available for any of my *many* streaming devices). I've got a couple free sites bookmarked but, typically, the quality of the stream is not great. Does anyone have any other suggestions (beside nhl66.ir and sportsurge.net)?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DJ confirms that Larsson will play. That'll do wonders for Zaitsev's confidence.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dorion says coaching is not the issue. Follow up question should have been "The what *IS*?"

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Dorion says coaching is not the issue. Follow up question should have been "The what *IS*?"

I agree with him, they have the same goal differential aside from empty net goals as Toronto does. The issue is they don’t have a healthy or talented defense and they’re missing their best centre. Yet they’re still in every game, even the ones they get outplayed in they lose by a goal

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That's on Dorion. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knew the Sens would be awful defensively. I still think we see Capuano canned at some point though

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We also lost paul, brown and formenton who were ex dlle t two way forwards and penalty killers

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That's on Dorion. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knew the Sens would be awful defensively. I still think we see Capuano canned at some point though

Sure but the solution wasn’t to trade for average defensive d and sign them to long term deals. They should trade for a short term option now though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Their PP should still be good even without that missing top-4 D. Not saying that's on DJ but it is coaching.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Zub is back tonight

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like Zub is back tonight

He was in a full-contact jersey at practice and was taking reps on PP1 but has there been anything official?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Twitter all abuzz now with talk of Karlsson to Ottawa. His massive $10M bonus this year has been paid. A total of (roughly) $40.5M left, with (again, roughly) 4.75 seasons to go, which averages out to $8.5M per season. No guarantee whatsoever that he will keep up this level of play the rest of the season, let alone the next 4 seasons.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah no thanks to karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Yeah no thanks to karlsson.

They are suggesting moving DeBrincat to bring in Karlsson. Insane. Let's win some games so this garbage can stop.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Yeah no thanks to karlsson.

They are suggesting moving DeBrincat to bring in Karlsson.  Insane.  Let's win some games so this garbage can stop.

Who’s they?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum