GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Also maybe an unpopular decision here, but I'd like to see Motte dropped down to L4 in favour of someone from Belleville. Parker Kelly hasn't really been cutting it for me. I'd like Lodin to get a look once he gets a few more AHL games under his belt.

Would also like to see Thomson called up at some point. We don't have a PP shooting threat on our blueline and he's probably got the best shot in our system

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Zub said he's good to go tomorrow and Chabot is on track to return when they head out West. Larsson was brought up on an emergency basis (I think) but with Chabot still listed as only potentially returning next week I think they will take him on the trip. Or not. Who knows any more.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev sent to Belleville. Pretty much confirms Zub is ready.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

'sup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

JBD out at least a month with a high ankle sprain. Chabot is not quite ready to play and Zaitsev was sent to Belleville. Also Pinto is d2d after blocking a shot. So they have 12F and 6D and did not call anyone else up prior to heading out West. Usually you make sure you have 13+7 when you are that far from Ottawa/Belleville.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:JBD out at least a month with a high ankle sprain.  Chabot is not quite ready to play and Zaitsev was sent to Belleville.  Also Pinto is d2d after blocking a shot.  So they have 12F and 6D and did not call anyone else up prior to heading out West.  Usually you make sure you have 13+7 when you are that far from Ottawa/Belleville.  

It means Pinto is probably going to play (or they play Kastelic & Gambrell) and Chabot is able to play

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Larsson-Holden

Larsson wasn't sent down as far as I can tell.

Pretty much expect a very bad roadtrip

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This SJS team looks horrendous on paper.

Watch Kalrsson single handedly win this for the sharks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot has been ruled out for tonight. They will play with Larsson, Holden, Hamonic and Brannstrom all in the lineup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know this line up is depleted but this is embarrassing.
You got to find ways to win sometimes.

It’s not even the 20 game mark and we can start talking about a top 3 pick in the draft.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been having issues with TSN not letting me watch on any screen other than my cellphone (GPS correctly identifies me as located in Ottawa, but when casting to a TV or in a browser on my laptop it goes by the IP address geo-location and blacks out the games -- started happening nearly 3 weeks ago). At this point I might as well cancel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Once again, they (reportedly) outplayed them to start (and based simply on stats outplayed them overall) but 3 goals on 7 shots and inability to finish against a backup sub-.900 goalie results in the same outcome.

Say what you will about this not being a coaching issue -- IT IS! Poor defensive play in their own zone, non-existent PP, poor personnel decisions, horrible 2nd period. 4th year in a row with this coaching team and pretty much a completely overhauled roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thomson up, Larsson down.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I've been having issues with TSN not letting me watch on any screen other than my cellphone (GPS correctly identifies me as located in Ottawa, but when casting to a TV or in a browser on my laptop it goes by the IP address geo-location and blacks out the games -- started happening nearly 3 weeks ago).  At this point I might as well cancel.
I'm having the same issue. Can't cast and can't Remeber if it worked via HDMI. Pretty pathetic- didn't used to be like this

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Once again, they (reportedly) outplayed them to start (and based simply on stats outplayed them overall) but 3 goals on 7 shots and inability to finish against a backup sub-.900 goalie results in the same outcome.  

Say what you will about this not being a coaching issue -- IT IS!  Poor defensive play in their own zone, non-existent PP, poor personnel decisions, horrible 2nd period.  4th year in a row with this coaching team and pretty much a completely overhauled roster.
Only one saying it's not coaching are Tkachuk and Dorion. Tkachuk doesn't know any better and Dorion has to save face

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:I've been having issues with TSN not letting me watch on any screen other than my cellphone (GPS correctly identifies me as located in Ottawa, but when casting to a TV or in a browser on my laptop it goes by the IP address geo-location and blacks out the games -- started happening nearly 3 weeks ago).  At this point I might as well cancel.
I'm having the same issue. Can't cast and can't Remeber if it worked via HDMI. Pretty pathetic- didn't used to be like this

What does "whatsmyip.com" say? In my case its location is listed as Albert, ON, which is a little more than half way to Montreal. Which might explain why the Ottawa games were being blocked, but I also had the same thing happen with a Canadiens game last week. In any case, I've been compiling a list of illegal stream sites (a bit awkward with the browser available -- Silk on the firestick is pretty decent, and I've got Open Browser for my Sony running Google TV OS.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if everyone that said we had a better player in Joseph over Formenton would still think so.

I remain with the belief that Formenton has more offensive upside and has shown so.

It’s a damn shame he’s not in the lineup.

The NHL keeps dragging its feet in the matter. You’d think they could come up with a resolution of some kind by now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if the proceedings have also had an effect on Batherson. He's not playing well (team worst +/-).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if everyone that said we had a better player in Joseph over Formenton would still think so.

I remain with the belief that Formenton has more offensive upside and has shown so.

It’s a damn shame he’s not in the lineup.

The NHL keeps dragging its feet in the matter. You’d think they could come up with a resolution of some kind by now.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that opinion. Formenton is in a different tier than Joseph. However I did see people freak out that Motte was better than formenton (when he was hot) which was stupid.

formenton should have been signed in the summer. There’s no difference between him and anyone else who is playing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum