GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think so. Qualify him and move him in-year if needed. Hellybuck is going to cost the Sens Sogaard, Greig and something else at a minimum

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was strictly talking about the cap situation. With Norris and Forsberg off IR and with DeBrincat's $9M QO, assuming $1.5M for Pinto and Brannstrom and $1.2M for Hamonic the total cap (including buyouts and Murray) is just about $80M (cap is expected to be $83.5M). And that still requires at least 2F and 1G (more likely 3F + 1D + 1G). If that 1G is Hellybuyck we will need to move a large contract out.

If we move Batherson, instead, we would have $2.3M cap space left (after DeBrincat and Hellybuyck) and would still need a minimum of 3F and 1D.

Situation will be a lot better the following year as the cap is expected to go up significantly ($88M?) and we'll be done with Murray and the buyouts (White's buyout will actually be a net positive in 24-25 before it goes back up to $875K for 3 more seasons).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd 100% keep Bath over DeBrincat. I think Bath is the better player and he's half the price.

I can see Chabot being the odd man out. Weird take I know but he's arguably our 4th best dman. If Chych were ore reliable injury wise I'd really consider doing it.

I can also see Joseph being moved. Guy is dead cap space

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But if the sense is Cat isn't going to sign you 100% move him. I'd want a top ten pick and a prospect back or two A prospects. LA and NYR make the most sense to me. Pittsburgh and Washingom too

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's hoping he's true to his word and lets turn know before the draft.

And if he's *not* I guess you have your answer anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Matthew Tkachuk is making me pretty excited for what we can expect from Brady when we make the playoffs. I haven't watched a ton of Panthers hockey but man is he ever carrying that team on his shoulders.

Timely scoring + elite goaltending seems to be the recipe for success.

Goaltending is priority #1 for Ottawa IMO. Get Hellybuck and if it means moving Cat so be it. Greig seems like another guy who if he puts on 20 lbs would be a beast in the playoffs. Boucher as well (if he ever makes it)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens sign Finnish RHD (undrafted free agent) to 1 year entry level contract. Nikolas Matinpalo, 24 years old, RHD, 6'2" 202 lbs. Currently playing for Finland at the Worlds. Watch him this afternoon against Canada in the quarter finals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just a bit of hyperbole:
@jb_murderer7 wrote:One of the most coveted defenders in the Finnish league. Could legit be as good, if not better than Jake Sanderson by the end of the season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I like it. Create some competition for that 3 RD or maybe even 2 RD. As far as I'm concerned the only locks on D are Chabot, Chych, Zub, and Sanderson. Brann, JBD, Thomson, Kleven can all fight it out. This pretty much means Hamonic is gone IMO or at most is signed to a one-year contract. Maybe Guenette gets a sniff too

This also allows Chabot, Chych, and Sanderson to play their natural positions and approx 20 mins a night each which I think would optimize their usage. This could spell the end to Brann as well.

We need trade chips and cheap contracts if we want to bring in Hellybuck. Winnipeg needs prospects with upside

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just a bit of hyperbole:
@jb_murderer7 wrote:One of the most coveted defenders in the Finnish league. Could legit be as good, if not better than Jake Sanderson by the end of the season.

Jeez. Someone was just a tad over excited.
I’ll be impressed if he’s an actual full time NHLer and not just some Belleville depth.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neko sparks clashing with sens fans on twitter

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

"How would you know? Wait, you don't. Your judgment is based on what you read; unfortunately, those aren't the facts. Obviously, we're still here for a reason, and it's not spit and quarters. Line up with the other haters because we're not going anywhere."

I reference to them pulling in more people

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:"How would you know? Wait, you don't.  Your judgment is based on what you read; unfortunately, those aren't the facts. Obviously, we're still here for a reason, and it's not spit and quarters. Line up with the other haters because we're not going anywhere."

Ouf… not a good look to argue with fans.

I’m not sure I really would want to start arguments with possible owners myself.

Seems like the fan base is very divided on who they’d like as owners.

Personally, I just want an owner with deep pockets and that leaves the running of the team to management. A silent owner if possible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess there is a bidding war. Sparks bit was vetted in the first round, I seem to recall he was backed by Goldman Sacks -- maybe the highest bid went above his pre-approved limit so he's scrambling to scrape together a few more 10s of millions.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:"How would you know? Wait, you don't.  Your judgment is based on what you read; unfortunately, those aren't the facts. Obviously, we're still here for a reason, and it's not spit and quarters. Line up with the other haters because we're not going anywhere."

I’m not sure I really would want to start arguments with possible owners myself.

Personally, I just want an owner with deep pockets and that leaves the running of the team to management. A silent owner if possible.

Friedman reporting the process is a mess. Can't say I'm surprised.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Friedman reporting the process is a mess. Can't say I'm surprised.

I heard that. Heard it be book worthy.
Maybe because it’s somewhat public.

Well, at least there’s options and someone wants the team to stay in Ottawa!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I found that comment to be a bit hyperbolic. You've got two young owners and a board helping them out -- that's got to lead to some longer turnaround times on decisions. Then you've got a surprising amount of interest in the team, primarily because of the real-estate side of things; other recent deals did not have those elements so not really easy to compare.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Listened to Dorion on LOSP. Can't help but think DeBrincat is going to get moved this summer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum