GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:"How would you know? Wait, you don't.  Your judgment is based on what you read; unfortunately, those aren't the facts. Obviously, we're still here for a reason, and it's not spit and quarters. Line up with the other haters because we're not going anywhere."

I reference to them pulling in more people

Ouf… not a good look to argue with fans.

I’m not sure I really would want to start arguments with possible owners myself.

Seems like the fan base is very divided on who they’d like as owners.

Personally, I just want an owner with deep pockets and that leaves the running of the team to management. A silent owner if possible.

Friedman reporting the process is a mess. Can't say I'm surprised.

I heard that. Heard it be book worthy.
Maybe because it’s somewhat public.

Well, at least there’s options and someone wants the team to stay in Ottawa!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I found that comment to be a bit hyperbolic. You've got two young owners and a board helping them out -- that's got to lead to some longer turnaround times on decisions. Then you've got a surprising amount of interest in the team, primarily because of the real-estate side of things; other recent deals did not have those elements so not really easy to compare.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Listened to Dorion on LOSP. Can't help but think DeBrincat is going to get moved this summer

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Interesting team to keep a Cat trade eye our for is Carolina. They have the picks, prospects, cap space, roster player and roster needs to get something done.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Interesting team to keep a Cat trade eye our for is Carolina. They have the picks, prospects, cap space, roster player and roster needs to get something done.

They would be a logical trade partner I would agree but he’d have to sign an extension IMO for that to happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Interesting team to keep a Cat trade eye our for is Carolina. They have the picks, prospects, cap space, roster player and roster needs to get something done.

They would be a logical trade partner I would agree but he’d have to sign an extension IMO for that to happen.

I can't help but think NYR is a good trade partelner despite their cap challenges and lack of centers . Give me Laff/Chytil and Schneider and we can throw in Lassi. I'll sign on the dotted lines right now

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's a realistic trade for Hellybuck? 2024 2nd, Ostapchuk, Sogaard? Maybe add Thomson?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's a realistic trade for Hellybuck? 2024 2nd, Ostapchuk, Sogaard? Maybe add Thomson?
Are you talking without an extension?
Because I can only imagine they’d want a 1st if he comes extended.
Sub the 2nd for a first and I think it might do it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They're not getting a 1st from us. Maybe it's Jarventie, Brannstrom, Sogaard and a 2nd?

What's a realistic return for Cat? I'd trade him for Lafrenniere or Brandt Clarke 1 for 1 at this point. The cap savings are super important to us right now. A few years ago I'd have trade 7th overall, a 2nd and a 3rd for Laf. Essentially the same deal.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Carter Hart a fit here? He's no Hellybuck but probably will cost a fraction of the price.

Leafs should be looking at Hellybuck imo. And Carter Hart but they're not in a position to gamble on a young goalie

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Would you?

To Philly: DeBrincat
To Ottawa: Konecny, Hart

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apparently the Debrincat camp has given management a list of teams they’d be interested in moving to.

That pretty good as it more than likely allows us to trade him with an extension in place and maximizing the return.
You gotta think we might be able to even get a better return than we paid if that’s the case. A 1st rounder and a young NHL top 6 with a mid pick is my guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:So apparently the Debrincat camp has given management a list of teams they’d be interested in moving to.

That pretty good as it more than likely allows us to trade him with an extension in place and maximizing the return.
You gotta think we might be able to even get a better return than we paid if that’s the case. A 1st rounder and a young NHL top 6 with a mid pick is my guess.

Oh ya. There are a couple of teams that have multiple firsts - Nashville being one. Pittsburgh remains a good option if they want one last time with Malkin and Crosby. Detroit also has two picks. It really depends on the teams on his trade list though. Good thing is it sounds like this will be resolved before or at the draft so only a few weeks of this nonsense hopefully

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apparently Apostolopoulos is no longer in the running.
It’s down to two. If you count sparks as not happening.
I really don’t know who I want to win the bid (not sparks group, it’s way too all over the place) but they better do it soon or else they might have to settle for whatever the last bud decides to throw at them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya Kimmel or Andlauer would be ideal. Hopefully this wraps up soon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens should be all over Scott Laughton.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. I think Pinto is a prospect we can dangle to bring in a goalie. 3C's are pretty easy to come by - especially with Ridly coming up.

Philly seems like a good trade partner for Cat. Hart, Konecny, and Laughton are three guys I'd be interested in acquiring. Frost and a bunch of prospects too. If they're rebuilding they could have interest in Brann too.

To Philly: DeBrincat (extended), brannstrom, Joseph, Pinto
To Ottawa: Konecny, Laughton, Hart

Who says no? I think both teams are better off

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Agreed. I think Pinto is a prospect we can dangle to bring in a goalie. 3C's are pretty easy to come by - especially with Ridly coming up.

Philly seems like a good trade partner for Cat. Hart, Konecny, and Laughton are three guys I'd be interested in acquiring. Frost and a bunch of prospects too. If they're rebuilding they could have interest in Brann too.

To Philly: DeBrincat (extended), brannstrom, Joseph, Pinto
To Ottawa: Konecny, Laughton, Hart

Who says no? I think both teams are better off
I say No. pinto ain’t going anywhere.
I don’t have much trust in Hart either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum