GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Debrincat was traded to Detroit for Boston or Detroit 1sr rounder. Dominik kubalik, and Donovan sebrango. He signed a 4 year 7.9 million deal with Detroit. Not the greatest return but not much we could do here. The first is good enough and could be top 16. Thag contract stinks for Debrincat

I’m really hoping we sign tarasenko now

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya. Signing tarasenko makes this a lot more palatable. Sebrango and the 4th do nothing for me. Kubalik is a UFA at the end of the year. So really we're getting Boston's 1st most likely

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Is there even enough room to sign tarasenko?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya. Signing tarasenko makes this a lot more palatable.  Sebrango and the 4th do nothing for me. Kubalik is a UFA at the end of the year. So really we're getting Boston's 1st most likely
Which might be a good pick since Boston might not be great. I don’t know why people are shutting on this deal. There’s not much we could have done other than let him play one more year and get nothing for him (or a late first at the deadline.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Is there even enough room to sign tarasenko?
Yes but would have to move one or two guys and Murray might be bought out which would save a bit

Also could get Tatar for cheaper

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Two trade options imo - brannstrom or Joseph. Don't think anyone touches Joseph and Pierre better not include picks for salary dumps

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Philly would take the 1st we just got + Joseph for Konecny

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't mind the trade. Imagine if Boston drops off, thay keep their top 10 pick and give up an unprotected 1st in 2025. We won't know until we know.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't mind the trade. Imagine if Boston drops off, thay keep their top 10 pick and give up an unprotected 1st in 2025. We won't know until we know.

Both Boston and Detroit can easily miss the playoffs next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The trade for Debrincat was still a no brainer last season. Just like it was for the wings today. I have zero issue with using that pick and taking the gamble. People always overrate draft picks. I’d even want them to move the one we just got in this trade. The sens are no better off in the next few years if they kept that 7th pick last season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like that 1st rounder and I hope we use it. Prospect pool is a bit empty of promising talent with high upside. Hopefully use it on a forward. And to be precise, Boston could chose to give their pick in 2025 but detroit doesn’t have a choice. They have to give us a 1st in 2024.

Kubalik is a decent player. Could be pretty good with pinto. Hopefully we resign him.
Decent D prospect but unfortunately not a right handed. Doubt he stay on the Sens long.
Not a great return for the quality of player we gave up and at that price but even value for what we paid to acquire him.
If we can get taransko I’ll be happy tho and feel like we came out on top.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think people realize that Pinto could just sign a one year deal b worth $874,125 (his qualifying offer)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I actually think it's in Pinto's best interest to sign a one year cheapie deal. Lots of cap space next year.  I'd offer him 1 x $1.75M or 6 x $3.5M. Either lock him in longer term for cheap or short-term for cheap.

Sign Tarasenko or Tatar to a 1 year deal. I'm assuming Formenton isn't coming back, which is too bad. We could have a really decent bottom six with Formenton, Kubalik, Pinto, Kastelic Joseph and something else (Sokolov?  Smejkal?) I'd carry MacEwen and Kelly as extras.

Also if the Sens got a 1st, 2nd, 4th and Sebrango does that make the return seem better? I had the night to think about it - I'm okay with the return especially if it means we sign Tatar or Tarasenko. So it's really Kubalik, Tarasenko, 2nd, 4th and Sebrango for DeBrincat which is a steal IMO

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:The trade for Debrincat was still a no brainer last season. Just like it was for the wings today. I have zero issue with using that pick and taking the gamble. People always overrate draft picks. I’d even want them to move the one we just got in this trade. The sens are no better off in the next few years if they kept that 7th pick last season

Trading for ADB helped in convincing Giroux to sign here and jump-started the very strong STH drive, plus walk up ticket sales. You've got to swing for the fences every once in a while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I like that 1st rounder and I hope we use it. Prospect pool is a bit empty of promising talent with high upside. Hopefully use it on a forward. And to be precise, Boston could chose to give their pick in 2025 but detroit doesn’t have a choice. They have to give us a 1st in 2024.

Kubalik is a decent player. Could be pretty good with pinto. Hopefully we resign him.
Decent D prospect but unfortunately not a right handed. Doubt he stay on the Sens long.
Not a great return for the quality of player we gave up and at that price but even value for what we paid to acquire him.
If we can get taransko I’ll be happy tho and feel like we came out on top.

That's interesting. So it's a 2024 1st and the "conditional" part is whether it's Boston's or their own? Not doubting you, but are you sure? Cause that could be great for us. Here's hoping for lots of injuries in the Bruins camp Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeBlanc (President of Business Operations) resigns and there are rumors Leeder may be back once the sale is completed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:The trade for Debrincat was still a no brainer last season. Just like it was for the wings today. I have zero issue with using that pick and taking the gamble. People always overrate draft picks. I’d even want them to move the one we just got in this trade. The sens are no better off in the next few years if they kept that 7th pick last season

Trading for ADB helped in convincing Giroux to sign here and jump-started the very strong STH drive, plus walk up ticket sales.  You've got to swing for the fences every once in a while.

The value of the 1st (7th overall) was a hard pill to swallow at the time, but Cat probably would have gotten a 1st (15th - 32nd overall), 2nd, and 3rd at the trade deadline. I'm good with the return as-is. Cap space is huge for us right now. We should be able to bring in two 20 goal scorers with the savings, and we acquired a 1st and a 4th for someone who only scored 27 goals last year. Cat didn't want to be here and Kubalik put up pretty decent numbers on a brutal Detroit team. He should be able to put up 50 points if he plays in our top six.

From the few highlights I saw, he reminds me a lot of Batherson. Maybe his hands aren't as good but seems to be a big guy with a good shot. From what I read he is a shoot-first guy. Maybe we see him playing with Stutzle and Giroux . We'd have a pretty balanced top-six in the event that we don't add another winger. Not sure what expectations would be if he dropped to our third line but playing with Pinto against second and third pairing d-men and on PP2 can't hurt his production.

I still don't like Joseph. They should try to move him and it would be great if we could add in another 3rd liner in the event that we do get Tarasenko. Lots of possibilities here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Kubalik has been apparently more efficient 5v5 in a middle-six role in less minutes than Cat in a top-three role. Cat is proficient on the PP but so is Norris. I don't think there was a situation where both Norris and Cat could co-exist and both produce 30+ goals.

The more I read and dig into the stats, the better this trade sounds. Still would have liked a better prospect coming back, but even with the 4th rd pick, it allows us a bit more leverage in a deadline trade and/or to move a body in or out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum