GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
To be fair, you're seeing fewer and fewer trades happening. I don't think there's been any trades this season of any kind of significance. Remember when hamonic was supposed to get traded?

It's gonna take a while....

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:To be fair, you're seeing fewer and fewer trades happening.  I don't think there's been any trades this season of any kind of significance.  Remember when hamonic was supposed to get traded?  

It's gonna take a while....

And Marleau asked to be traded as well... Probably "Sugar" Shane Prince too.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can see Cam Fowler on this team before the deadline

The trade deadline is coming up in 5 days.

Or were you talking about the one in March? Not sure the Sens can afford to wait that long. That's it, I'm punching it!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Panic-button-2

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Anaheim will most definitely want a top-six forward.  I doubt they would go for prospects or 4th line centers.  But they might do it for Zibanejad.

It's not like we're flush with top-six centers but, then, it's not like Zibanejad is doing much as a 2LC.  We have White coming up and in the short-term use Pageau and Lazar or Pageau and Smith (and Lazar as 4LC) and go with 2A/2B when it comes to ice time.

Thats insanity. Not that i dismiss the worth of zib for fowler but im not sure of putting pageau  or even scared to death of putting lazar or smith in that position. Tbh we should be trying to move smith. We have a bunch of guys that could be fighting for that spot on the fourth line.
And come on. White is a few years away no matter what BM thinks.

You think there'd be a big drop off between Zbad and Pageau? I really don't personally. The only one on that line, right now, that's doing anything is Stone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Anaheim will most definitely want a top-six forward.  I doubt they would go for prospects or 4th line centers.  But they might do it for Zibanejad.

It's not like we're flush with top-six centers but, then, it's not like Zibanejad is doing much as a 2LC.  We have White coming up and in the short-term use Pageau and Lazar or Pageau and Smith (and Lazar as 4LC) and go with 2A/2B when it comes to ice time.

Thats insanity. Not that i dismiss the worth of zib for fowler but im not sure of putting pageau  or even scared to death of putting lazar or smith in that position. Tbh we should be trying to move smith. We have a bunch of guys that could be fighting for that spot on the fourth line.

We also have Paul who is another year or two away. I think he's been struggling in the AHL though, hasn't he? I think two things need to be done to leap Ottawa into a contender: add a 2nd line center, add a top-four dman. It sounds easy but you're giving away assets to accomplish this.  

Totally. You must add a 2nd line D-man to compete (preferably 2) and you must have a 2nd line C who is getting more than 17 points in 30 games. MUST!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

We also have Paul who is another year or two away. I think he's been struggling in the AHL though, hasn't he? I think two things need to be done to leap Ottawa into a contender: add a 2nd line center, add a top-four dman. It sounds easy but you're giving away assets to accomplish this.  

Totally.  You must add a 2nd line D-man to compete (preferably 2) and you must have a 2nd line C who is getting more than 17 points in 30 games.  MUST!

O'Reilly never got 40 points in a full season in Colorado but he'd be welcomed as the 2LC on this team, no questions asked (he's doing much better point-wise now but that's another story). Point is, if Zibanejad was doing the other stuff then 17 in 30 would not be a problem.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Totally.  You must add a 2nd line D-man to compete (preferably 2) and you must have a 2nd line C who is getting more than 17 points in 30 games.  MUST!

O'Reilly never got 40 points in a full season in Colorado but he'd be welcomed as the 2LC on this team, no questions asked (he's doing much better point-wise now but that's another story).  Point is, if Zibanejad was doing the other stuff then 17 in 30 would not be a problem.

I don't think it would be as big a problem, but I think it would still be a problem personally. Z is supposed to be moulding into a 2C, but there's no real signs of it right now. He has some tremendous spurts, but consistency is dogging him in a huge way - and some players just don't have what it takes to overcome that.

We'll see...we're all hoping obviously, but I'd be (somewhat) surprised if he's a member of this team at this time next year. We need a D-man. Chabot is coming, but he's likely 3 years away from being a impact guy and our window is starting to crack open now.

Fowler for Zibanejad makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels, although I'm not sure what Anaheim needs/wants. Similarly, Zibanejad + for someone like Brodin out of Minny (if he's even someone they would move) is something that I'm sure Murray has at least inquired about, and if he hasn't, he should hang 'em up and let someone who can ask these questions take the helm.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Also, there's a piece in the Sun about the Senators not wanting to "give Cowen away for free". Are you kidding me? That's hot air, there's no chance in the world the Senators would balk at a 3rd round pick for Cowen. The kid sucks and he's on the hook for 4.7 million dollars next year in real cash. There are so many ways to use that money differently it makes my heart hurt.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Also, there's a piece in the Sun about the Senators not wanting to "give Cowen away for free".  Are you kidding me?  That's hot air, there's no chance in the world the Senators would balk at a 3rd round pick for Cowen.  The kid sucks and he's on the hook for 4.7 million dollars next year in real cash.  There are so many ways to use that money differently it makes my heart hurt.

Franchise D-Man, Cody Ceci, is due for HUGE raise.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Also, there's a piece in the Sun about the Senators not wanting to "give Cowen away for free".  Are you kidding me?  That's hot air, there's no chance in the world the Senators would balk at a 3rd round pick for Cowen.  The kid sucks and he's on the hook for 4.7 million dollars next year in real cash.  There are so many ways to use that money differently it makes my heart hurt.

He is though, that's the trend. The Sens might want to be cautious, but the trend around the league is a long term contract in and about 4.25-4.5.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He is though, that's the trend.  The Sens might want to be cautious, but the trend around the league is a long term contract in and about 4.25-4.5.

Puking2

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

Before talking about bringing Paul up here you might want to wait until he scores an actual goal in bingo. The kid isnt proving he can play Pro hockey right now. He might be a couple of years away from getting a shot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He is though, that's the trend.  The Sens might want to be cautious, but the trend around the league is a long term contract in and about 4.25-4.5.

Puking2

You don't have to, but again, that's the trend with young D-men - 4.25 X 7, so you lock them up based on what you think their potential is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

O'Reilly never got 40 points in a full season in Colorado but he'd be welcomed as the 2LC on this team, no questions asked (he's doing much better point-wise now but that's another story).  Point is, if Zibanejad was doing the other stuff then 17 in 30 would not be a problem.

That's true...unless you count 2011-12, 2013-14, or 2014-15. So, O'Reilly never got 40 points in a full season in Colorado except for the seasons when he got 55, 64, and 55 points.

Oh wait. Did you mean 40 points on the nose? No, he never did, though I don't understand why you'd be so specific with how many points you need to be 2nd line center. I'd prefer more than 40, but you're right: he never hit 40.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puking2

You don't have to, but again, that's the trend with young D-men - 4.25 X 7, so you lock them up based on what you think their potential is.

Anyone signing Ceci to a deal like that should be locked up too. In a padded cell! StickmanDancing

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puking2

That's what Klingberg signed for this summer after playing top pairing minutes last season.
Cody Ceci right now is not worth more than 3M on a long term deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puking2

That's what Klingberg signed for this summer after playing top pairing minutes last season.

Yeah, but they'd never get him to sign for that. It's a question of how much they like his long term potential.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puking2

Yeah, but they'd never get him to sign for that.  It's a question of how much they like his long term potential.

Ceci might end up in Calgary before we have to worry about that:

Bruce Garrioch Verified account @SunGarrioch 12m12 minutes ago
Calgary GM Brad Treliving among those in attendance on press row tonight. #Sens

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum