GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game?

+13
dennycrane
Flo The Action
Devo
wprager
Ev
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
SensGirl11
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game?

Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_lcap225%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 3 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_lcap242%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_lcap217%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_lcap216%Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

121Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just cheered against Pittsburgh and feel quite good about the fact that Crosby was indeed made to look better than he was by the Sens in the first round and is in fact not some kind of god like figure.

I love seeing the guy lose too, but he is the best player in the world. He's done more than any player his age in history. The guy still has some growing up to do though.

122Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I just cheered against Pittsburgh and feel quite good about the fact that Crosby was indeed made to look better than he was by the Sens in the first round and is in fact not some kind of god like figure.

I love seeing the guy lose too, but he is the best player in the world. He's done more than any player his age in history. The guy still has some growing up to do though.

My point was simple. A lot of the free wheeling and the way Crosby got his points in round one had a lot to do with how the Sens were playing. The evidence is in game 5 and 6 of round one and all 7 games of round 2. Had the Sens played that Cullen line vs. Crosby from the start we wouldn't have had guys like SpezD talking about the inevitable tap dance Crosby would do on the Habs (Which obviously never occurred).

I never denied Crosby was a great player but the way people were gushing over his play in games 1-4 of the first round was driving me crazy and now I feel somewhat vindicated.

I still can't figure out how Gill is doing it. He was known as a Pilon in TO, he goes to Pitt and wins a Cup, then to Montreal and helps shut down Sid the Kid.

123Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:

My point was simple. A lot of the free wheeling and the way Crosby got his points in round one had a lot to do with how the Sens were playing. The evidence is in game 5 and 6 of round one and all 7 games of round 2. Had the Sens played that Cullen line vs. Crosby from the start we wouldn't have had guys like SpezD talking about the inevitable tap dance Crosby would do on the Habs (Which obviously never occurred).

I never denied Crosby was a great player but the way people were gushing over his play in games 1-4 of the first round was driving me crazy and now I feel somewhat vindicated.

I still can't figure out how Gill is doing it. He was known as a Pilon in TO, he goes to Pitt and wins a Cup, then to Montreal and helps shut down Sid the Kid.

I dont think Crosby is the free wheeler you say he is. A lot of those goals came in close and were the result of hard work. A guy like Malkin who actually does free wheel was absolutely useless. As good as Crosby is he still gets some dirty goals and goes in those tough area's, a lot of player of his ilk do not do that.

Malkin was easily the biggest disapointment in that series.

124Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm so mad over the Montreal win.

I mean I'm happy for the Habs win and that the Pens lost and all but I'm just ticked Ottawa didn't figure out how to handle Pittsburgh until it was too late.

Rookie coaching I suppose, but Cap'n Clutch makes a good point on how Crosby was so praised in round 2 because WE LET HIM have that freedom.

Sadly we didn't have a Halak to cover for us either.

125Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 am

I dont think anyone can be mad at the season The Sens had. Soooo many things to build on and keep building on. The Sens are building with youth right now and guys like Phillips, Alfi, Neil, and Kelly are really going to help them along.

I agree with the rookie coaching but Clouston will be better for it and The Sens will as well.

126Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:

I dont think Crosby is the free wheeler you say he is. A lot of those goals came in close and were the result of hard work. A guy like Malkin who actually does free wheel was absolutely useless. As good as Crosby is he still gets some dirty goals and goes in those tough area's, a lot of player of his ilk do not do that.

Malkin was easily the biggest disapointment in that series.

Bad choice of words. I should have said that Crosby was allowed to have his way in round 1, wasn't in round 2 and it's obvious now that a lot of Crosby's success in round 1 had to do with the Sens and not as much to do with the greatness that is Crosby.

- Unknown Author

127Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:I dont think anyone can be mad at the season The Sens had. Soooo many things to build on and keep building on. The Sens are building with youth right now and guys like Phillips, Alfi, Neil, and Kelly are really going to help them along.

I agree with the rookie coaching but Clouston will be better for it and The Sens will as well.

This was just a test run for a bigger year on the horizon. We only figured out (too) late that Regin could play LW with the right linemates. Let's face it, the injuries hurt our chances but they probably opened the coaches eyes up to the options he has going forward.

128Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:I dont think anyone can be mad at the season The Sens had. Soooo many things to build on and keep building on. The Sens are building with youth right now and guys like Phillips, Alfi, Neil, and Kelly are really going to help them along.

This was just a test run for a bigger year on the horizon. We only figured out (too) late that Regin could play LW with the right linemates. Let's face it, the injuries hurt our chances but they probably opened the coaches eyes up to the options he has going forward.

Indeed. If there's a silver lining to the injuries it's that Regin got his shot and proved he can play top line LW. Also not to be forgotten is the Kuba injury flung the door wide open for Karlsson and he ran through that opening big time.

- Unknown Author

129Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Indeed. If there's a silver lining to the injuries it's that Regin got his shot and proved he can play top line LW. Also not to be forgotten is the Kuba injury flung the door wide open for Karlsson and he ran through that opening big time.

Not to be negative but it showed me that just about anybody BUT Kuba is a better D partner for Karlsson. Campoli, Phillips, Sutton...

130Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ThisJustIn!

Shockingly, the tools in Montreal were indeed out in full force, including 20 arrests for various store window smashings. No word yet on if any cars were torched, but it's safe to assume.

Burning Car

131Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Not to be negative but it showed me that just about anybody BUT Kuba is a better D partner for Karlsson. Campoli, Phillips, Sutton...

Who knows though? It was a terrible, odd year for Kuba where he played most of it injured. I bet he and Karlsson will be fantastic together next season. Or if it's Phillips and Karlsson, then Kuba will get a new, steady partner perhaps.

132Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Put it any way you like the result is the same. That Kuba injury gave Karlsson a chance to shine and he sure did. It gave him more PP time it took him away from a bad partner it doesn't matter how you slice it it's still bread. Goof

- Unknown Author

133Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Who knows though? It was a terrible, odd year for Kuba where he played most of it injured. I bet he and Karlsson will be fantastic together next season. Or if it's Phillips and Karlsson, then Kuba will get a new, steady partner perhaps.

Maybe Campoli can help Kuba next year? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

134Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Maybe Campoli can help Kuba next year? Sarcasm

It would be better than the cluster Diddle that was Kuba-Picard.

135Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5185068

MONTREAL -- Police regained control of the downtown core early Thursday after firing tear gas at hundreds of bottle-tossing youths who looted businesses following the Montreal Canadiens' Game 7 victory in Pittsburgh.

The vandalism occurred after most of the tens of thousands of jubilant hockey fans left the area.

Looters wrapped their faces in garments -- in some cases the ones they'd stolen -- and dashed into a liquor store. With their identities concealed, they leaped through the smashed front window and emerged moments later with their arms full.

One man warned his female friend to be careful with the loot.

"Hide the bottle," he snapped. "The police."

He was referring to the line of officers who watched impassively from the closest street corner. Their reinforcements were on the way.

Rows of black-clad riot officers charged in from the peripheries, rattling their shields as a warning to the crowd before firing tear-gas canisters. Police said about 25 people were arrested and two officers sustained minor injuries.

Shortly after the Canadiens' 5-2 victory over the Penguins, fireworks erupted over Ste-Catherine Street as people crowd-surfed and held aloft trinkets including Stanley Cup replicas and a stuffed penguin.

The flag-waving crowd was as euphoric as the 21,000 fans who crammed into the Bell Centre to watch the game on giant screens. After the game, they spilled out into the streets chanting, "We want the Cup! We want the Cup!

Montreal has a history of hockey-related violence.

Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed and looted after the Canadiens beat Boston in the 2008 playoffs, and there also were riots after Montreal's Stanley Cup victories in 1986 and 1993. The most famous riot was in 1955 when Habs great Maurice Richard was suspended and fans took to the street to cause such havoc that Richard had to make a public appeal for calm.

Burning Car

136Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

By the by, Fleury's is officially the most overrated goalie in the league. Big game goalie my arse, he's used luck and Leclaire-like abilities to (I can't believe it) win a Cup.

137Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:By the by, Fleury's is officially the most overrated goalie in the league. Big game goalie my arse, he's used luck and Leclaire-like abilities to (I can't believe it) win a Cup.

It's still amazing to me how quickly people forget his past with that Cup win.

- Unknown Author

138Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who wins game 7 of Habs-Pens game? Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:By the by, Fleury's is officially the most overrated goalie in the league. Big game goalie my arse, he's used luck and Leclaire-like abilities to (I can't believe it) win a Cup.

It's still amazing to me how quickly people forget his past with that Cup win.

Crappy. No team will ever be intimidated by him again (if they were). Shoot, shoot, shoot, goal. Shoot, shoot, shoot, goal. Repeat. Win series, move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum