GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Realistically - where do the Sens end up on Draft Day?

+17
Urkie
Acrobat
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
asq2
SensFan71
PKC
beerandsens
caissie_1
beedub
Cronie
jamvan
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's...16 games left I believe for the Sens, they currently sit with 64 points. Where do they realistically end up on draft day? Where do they select?

Clouston is doing a great job, but can he sustain it down the final stretch? And if so, can we fall right out of the top 10?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Clouston's current NHL win percentage holds as is for this season the Sens will end with approximately 85 points. Where does that put them? Good question. I personally see the Sens finishing very close to that mark.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I expect a losing streak starting tonight or saturday. This team won't beat the Islanders. It seems when they are in a winnign streak, they cool off a bit. It has been more than 100 games now.
Also, teams like St Louis, LA and Anaheim won't drop significantly, because they still can make the Playoffs.
I see us picking 6th, where we are as of today. Who knows, may be we win the lottery and select Hedman 2nd overall.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens have three against Boston and 1 vs. New Jersey. Don't be fooled by their winning streak. It was at home against four teams that are not going to the playoffs (Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto, Tampa). The Sens have six games left at home, but the Sens have still lost more than they have won at home.

The team is playing a little better overall. They now look like the team most of us thought they would be, which is a team that would finish between 6-10 in the conference.

Atlanta, NYI, Tampa, Colorado, Phoenix, LA, and Toronto will pick before the Sens. The eighth overall pick is still pretty good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could deal with 8th overall personally.

I dont think LA will be picking ahead of Ottawa nor do I think Toronto will be. Ottawa will be picking 6 or 7th IMO. Hopefully we can win the lotto though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could deal with 6th or 7th very well. Smile

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I could deal with 8th overall personally.
I would with the condition to draft up to 6th or 7th to pick one of MPS/Kane/Schenn, assuming:
1/ Tavares
2/ Hedman
3/ Dushene
4/ Cowen

Murray won't draft Shroeder, he wants, short of a big talent, a big canadian guy.

marakh wrote:
504Heater wrote:I could deal with 8th overall personally.
I would with the condition to draft up to 6th or 7th to pick one of MPS/Kane/Schenn, assuming:
1/ Tavares
2/ Hedman
3/ Dushene
4/ Cowen

Murray won't draft Shroeder, he wants, short of a big talent, a big canadian guy.

Those 3 guys you mentioned are exactly who I think the Sens will end up with, holding out hope for MPS.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too bad, I've shifted back to thinking Shroeder is gonna be very good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:I would with the condition to draft up to 6th or 7th to pick one of MPS/Kane/Schenn, assuming:
1/ Tavares
2/ Hedman
3/ Dushene
4/ Cowen

Sorry, I misread the first line. I like any of those three. I may have shifted to Kane now - which is shocking to me, because I didn't love him to begin with. I did love B.Schenn though, but I think he'd be third out of those three now.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Regardless, we should see a very good pick this draft and to be honest, our team is actually quite good. Next year has a lot of optomism.

The league is so tight now and this year has shown Sens fans just how tight it is. A few wins that were in fact losses and we'd be right in the playoffs. The difference in records in so minute.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A stronger work ethic and a higher reading on the give-o-crap metre could have been the difference between where we are now and scrapping it out for eighth place. Still not a lot to be happy about going into next season with the curren group other than an upgrade in goaltending, assuming Leclaire is healthy.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Regardless, we should see a very good pick this draft and to be honest, our team is actually quite good. Next year has a lot of optomism.

The league is so tight now and this year has shown Sens fans just how tight it is. A few wins that were in fact losses and we'd be right in the playoffs. The difference in records in so minute.

One word: Hartsburg.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A stronger work ethic and a higher reading on the give-o-crap metre could have been the difference between where we are now and scrapping it out for eighth place. Still not a lot to be happy about going into next season with the curren group other than an upgrade in goaltending, assuming Leclaire is healthy.

I'm not saying they're gonna be the best team in the league, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised next year. Murray has some work to do though, but I think it'll work out well.*

*I also said that before this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum