GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related

+9
tim1_2
NEELY
Riprock
Flo The Action
asq2
The Silfer Server
garblar
spader
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_lcap232%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_rcap2 32% [ 6 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_lcap253%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_rcap2 53% [ 10 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_lcap215%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_lcap20%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_lcap20%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give us the take in poll and thread form!

l in all, we drafted 10 players and added one via trade.

Of those 11 players, 9 are forwards, with 5 centers, 3 LWs, and 1 RW:

C: Zibanejad, Prince, Pageau, Kramer, Dzingel
LW: Puempel, Filatov, McCormick
RW: Noeson

And 2 D: Claesson, Fransoo

No. 6 Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgarden (Sweden)

Ht: 6-foot-2. Wt: 191 lbs.

26 GP 5-4-9 2 Pims

SENS SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “When I saw him in the playoffs and being an impact player against men as an 18-year-old, it just clicked this guy was going to be a player.”

No. 21 Stefan Noesen, RW, Plymouth (OHL)

Ht: 6-foot Wt: 195 lbs.

68 GP 34-43-77 80 Pims

SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “We just felt the way he played in the last two or three months and the way he played at the end of the season, he’ll be a top-2 or top-3 line player.”

No. 24 Matt Puempel, LW, Peterborough (OHL)

Ht: 6-foot Wt: 196 lbs.

55 GP 34-35-69 49 Pims

SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “All I can tell you is he’s a good hockey player. He’s got skill. He’s great in the offensive zone. He’s strong around the net. All he wants to do is score goals.”

No. 61 Shane Prince, C, Ottawa (OHL)

Ht: 5-foot-10 Wt: 174 lbs.

59 GP 25-63-88 18 Pims

SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “He’s a highly-skilled forward that was a key component in Ottawa’s success this season. A playmaker with high offensive upside.”

No. 96 Jean-Gabriel Pageau, C, Gatineau (QMJHL)

Ht: 5-foot-9 Wt: 163 lbs.

67 GP 32-47-79 22 Pims

SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “Small, skilled, competitive player with great work ethic. Key player in Gatineau’s playoff run”

No. 126 Fredrik Claesson, D, Djurgarden (Sweden)

Ht: 6-foot Wt: 200 lbs.

35 GP 2-0-2 6 Pims

SCOUT PIERRE DORION SAYS: “Competitive defenceman who can outlet the puck and battles defensively. Has a presence.”

No. 156 Darren Kramer, LW, Spokane (WHL)

Ht: 6-foot-2 Wt: 190 lbs.

68 GP 8-6-14 306 Pims

ASSISTANT GM TIM MURRAY SAYS: “Obviously he’s tough. He had 47 fights in junior and nobody was close to that. It’s not just the fighting part. We want him to develop.”

No. 171 Max McCormick, LW, Sioux City (USHL)

Ht: 5-foot-11 Wt: 174 lbs.

55 GP 21-21-42 102 Pims

ASSISTANT GM TIM MURRAY SAYS: “He’s a hard-nosed kid that plays a two-way game. (Scout Bob Janecyk) was on him. He’s a mature kid who is extremely hard to play against.”

No. 186 Jordan Fransoo, D, Brandon (WHL)

Ht: 6-foot-2 Wt: 190 lbs.

63 GP 6-12-18 72 Pims

ASSISTANT GM TIM MURRAY SAYS: “He’s a defenceman who we had on our list. (Scout) Bob Lowes likes this kid. He thought he flew under the radar a little bit.”

No. 204 Ryan Dzingel, C, Lincoln (USHL)

Ht: 6-foot Wt: 185 lbs.

54 GP 23-44-67 8 Pims

ASSISTANT GM TIM MURRAY: “He’s committed to go to Ohio State and (Janecyk) likes the fact he’s going to be coached by (former Ottawa D) Mark Osiecki. (Dzingel) will develop

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I gave them a 9. I thought it was great. Trading up to get a 3rd FRP, getting Filatov for peanuts, addressing the organizational need for more forward prospects, getting Zib, Puempel, Noesen (I'm gonna hope, no idea about this guy), Prince.

Great draft for Ottawa. Murray and Co. must feel like a million bucks right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I gave a 10. Flat out killed it in the first round, 2nd round we got a filthy player, 3rd round we take a really skilled, hard working player, traded a 3rd for Filatov, listened to our top draft pick and drafted a stay at home D from Sweden. Loved everything - although I know little about picks from about 4th round on.

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

gave it a 9.
so great to have 3 first rounders. i won't pretend to be an expert in prospects, but it seems that we picked up several high potential guys. and the trade for filatov is almost no risk with a massive potential.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This is worth having in this thread:

rooneypoo wrote:All in all, we drafted 10 players and added one via trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:This is worth having in this thread:

rooneypoo wrote:All in all, we drafted 10 players and added one via trade.

True enough.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's neat that Zib told Murray to look at Claesson and they did.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's neat that Zib told Murray to look at Claesson and they did.

Did you hear that in an interview? Have a link?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

What else is cool, is we have 2 players at Team Canada's Evaluation camp: Stone and Puempel. 2 players at Team USA's Evaluation Camp: Prince and Noesen. And hopefully 3 at Team Sweden's Evaluation Camp: Zibanejad, Claesson, and Sorensen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's neat that Zib told Murray to look at Claesson and they did.

Did you hear that in an interview? Have a link?

It was a retweet from SteffeG - and yeah, I posted it somewhere here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

steffeG Stefan G:son
Swedes running the show in OTT. RT @UffeBodin: Fredrik Claesson: "Mika told the Senators to draft me - and they did!" #NHLDraft #Sens

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I give it a 9. Disappointing that some of the hyped names went before we could get them but obviously the price was too high.

Still, I love what this did for our forward situation.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:steffeG Stefan G:son
Swedes running the show in OTT. RT @UffeBodin: Fredrik Claesson: "Mika told the Senators to draft me - and they did!" #NHLDraft #Sens

Sounds a bit like the Sens consulting Karlsson about Petersson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Yeah, I was gonna say the same.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:

agreed. it also creates a great rapport between players and management. it's a clear message that "we take your opinion seriously" I don't have any doubts that if they wouldn't want them they wouldn't take them. good move

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum