GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related

+9
tim1_2
NEELY
Riprock
Flo The Action
asq2
The Silfer Server
garblar
spader
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related

Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_lcap232%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 32% [ 6 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_lcap253%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 10 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Rate the Sens draft + draft talk Sens related - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:steffeG Stefan G:son
Swedes running the show in OTT. RT @UffeBodin: Fredrik Claesson: "Mika told the Senators to draft me - and they did!" #NHLDraft #Sens

Sounds a bit like the Sens consulting Karlsson about Petersson.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Swedes running the show in OTT. RT @UffeBodin: Fredrik Claesson: "Mika told the Senators to draft me - and they did!" #NHLDraft #Sens

Yeah, I was gonna say the same.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:

agreed. it also creates a great rapport between players and management. it's a clear message that "we take your opinion seriously" I don't have any doubts that if they wouldn't want them they wouldn't take them. good move

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
asq2 wrote:

agreed. it also creates a great rapport between players and management. it's a clear message that "we take your opinion seriously" I don't have any doubts that if they wouldn't want them they wouldn't take them. good move

Absolutely. The Sens, particularly the Murrays, seem to make great judgement calls on these sorts of things. I'm speculating, but I imagine that Ottawa has a very good reputation in the league right now. Things like this and sending Fisher to Nashville, the most logical spot for him, make a big difference. I hope that players around the league know that Ottawa treats its players well.

This last few days has been far too exciting for me. Now to get to work on the paper that I've been neglecting. Dammit!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

10 for me. They did amazing with what they had, they made a few trades to move up, but nothing that would cost too much. They got some really good players I think, time will tell. And Filatov is a sick trade. Zibby was my pick so I am quite happy.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You know what's funny? Next year The Sens could possibly have the leading scorer in all 3 CHL leagues. Stone WHL, Pageau Q, or Price/Peumpel OHL

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I gave it an 8, but don't get me wrong, it was great. The only reason I don't give it a 9 or a 10 is because we weren't able to move up into the top 4 (and I assume the price was just too high). The Sens picks were terrific, especially getting Puempel and Prince where they did.

Also, the Filatov trade was smart.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:You know what's funny? Next year The Sens could possibly have the leading scorer in all 3 CHL leagues. Stone WHL, Pageau Q, or Price/Peumpel OHL

Price?

anyway can't see a Sting not leading the OHL in scoring. Or Couturier in the Q if he goes back.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:You know what's funny? Next year The Sens could possibly have the leading scorer in all 3 CHL leagues. Stone WHL, Pageau Q, or Price/Peumpel OHL

Price?

anyway can't see a Sting not leading the OHL in scoring. Or Couturier in the Q if he goes back.

Dah, that's true. I think Huberdeau goes back too, so...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh lol you mean Prince. I thought you meant Noesen. Laugh1 Forgot about Prince. Just a typo.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and I really think Huberdeau plays for the Panthers next year. They need to sign people to reach the floor. His cap hit will be 3+ million, so it will help them out, even if they are rushing him a bit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Absolutely. The Sens, particularly the Murrays, seem to make great judgement calls on these sorts of things. I'm speculating, but I imagine that Ottawa has a very good reputation in the league right now. Things like this and sending Fisher to Nashville, the most logical spot for him, make a big difference. I hope that players around the league know that Ottawa treats its players well.

This last few days has been far too exciting for me. Now to get to work on the paper that I've been neglecting. Dammit!
yes this is a dirrectcontrast to what Holmgreb is hell bent on doing with philly. What's been happening in Philly over the past few years hasn't gone unoticed. they will get a reputation. For all we know the reason why Bryz got such a huge contract is he told them "give me term and cash because there's no way of knowing you won't send me to the middle of nowhere within the next couple of years"

Ottawa looks more and more like detroit in that respect.

asq2 wrote:I give it a 9. Disappointing that some of the hyped names went before we could get them but obviously the price was too high.

Still, I love what this did for our forward situation.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. The only pick I had issue with was the Noeson pick, but I'll defer to the scouts, and the fact that they moved up for Puempel means that they got 3 guys in the 1st that they really liked. And then there's Filatov.

Our organizational depth is pretty friggin' deep now.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:I give it a 9. Disappointing that some of the hyped names went before we could get them but obviously the price was too high.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. The only pick I had issue with was the Noeson pick, but I'll defer to the scouts, and the fact that they moved up for Puempel means that they got 3 guys in the 1st that they really liked. And then there's Filatov.

I was watching some interviews and reading stuff over at the Sens site, and someone (BM or Dorion) said that with Zibanejad, Noesen, and Puempel, OTT got 3 players that their scouts had ranked in the top 15 of the draft. Top 15.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I was watching some interviews and reading stuff over at the Sens site, and someone (BM or Dorion) said that with Zibanejad, Noesen, and Puempel, OTT got 3 players that their scouts had ranked in the top 15 of the draft. Top 15.

The thing I love about the way The Sens draft is they don't really let injuries get in the way of how they rank players for the most part. Puempel would have for sure been a top 10 player on basically every teams list if he didn't have his injury and wasn't playing on a dead awful Pete's team.

Filatov was the icing on the cake in this draft.., laced with cocain.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah but Zibanejad better have more upside than Fisher. Because it looks like Couturier sure does.
- Don Brennan

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Yeah but Zibanejad better have more upside than Fisher. Because it looks like Couturier sure does.
- Don Brennan

Professional NHL scouts know more about they hockey players they scout than lazy hack writers who can't even get basic facts right about the only NHL hockey team he's paid to follow.

- the poo

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't even read Brennan, always skip over anything he writes because he has proven to be an idiot and always wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum