GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft winds blowing Sens way

+6
shabbs
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Sp00nz
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Draft winds blowing Sens way Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=499484

2Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

pretty good article it is a good testament to what murray has doen to help replenish bingo

3Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 am

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

The 2007 draft looks like its going down in flames for Ottawa, but u can't fault Murray for that one. He had to rely on Muckler's scouts who had to know their days were numbered.

The past two drafts have been incredible though. Lehnar is looking to be a massive breakout goaler when he debuts.

4Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We shall see in a couple years just how stellar those picks end up being. For me the Jury is still out on a few of them. It looks good now but some of Muckler's picks looked pretty good even if he picked them too high *cough* Lee *cough*.

- Unknown Author

5Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who drafted Elliot? Was that Murray or Muckler?

- Unknown Author

6Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

He was drafted by the Senators in the ninth round of the 2003 draft, 291st overall - from Wikipedia, which this time I believe was Muckler's era still, correct me if I am wrong.

7Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:He was drafted by the Senators in the ninth round of the 2003 draft, 291st overall - from Wikipedia, which this time I believe was Muckler's era still, correct me if I am wrong.
Yep. Muckler was GM, Martin was coach.

8Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:52 am

Sp00nz wrote:The 2007 draft looks like its going down in flames for Ottawa, but u can't fault Murray for that one. He had to rely on Muckler's scouts who had to know their days were numbered.

The past two drafts have been incredible though. Lehnar is looking to be a massive breakout goaler when he debuts.

Why do you think he traded, his 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder for one 4th in 2008? He hated the guys that Muckler's scouts had.

9Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who drafted Elliot? Was that Murray or Muckler?

The wheel of fortune.

10Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:02 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:The 2007 draft looks like its going down in flames for Ottawa, but u can't fault Murray for that one. He had to rely on Muckler's scouts who had to know their days were numbered.

Why do you think he traded, his 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder for one 4th in 2008? He hated the guys that Muckler's scouts had.

I wondered why the 07 draft was so remarkably light, but couldn't think of what we traded the picks for.

11Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who drafted Elliot? Was that Murray or Muckler?

Dung....there was no one else to pick, you know? :^^^^:

12Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

it looks like it was between Elliott and Arseny Bondarev :^^:

13Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 am

Muckler drafted Regin, so give him that. Nice find.

14Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Chara left on Mucklers watch and this team has still not recovered.

15Draft winds blowing Sens way Empty Re: Draft winds blowing Sens way Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Thats a fair point, but I think the discussion is centering more on his drafting record, which was so bad that a 9th rounder looked like his best for a period of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum