GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Realistically - where do the Sens end up on Draft Day?

+17
Urkie
Acrobat
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
asq2
SensFan71
PKC
beerandsens
caissie_1
beedub
Cronie
jamvan
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
PKC wrote:I think the Sens will fall out of the top 10 draft picks unfortunately. This team is starting to hit a stride lately, and they could definitely play spoiler to a ton of teams. Our next five feature a faltering Bruins team, a surging Pens team, a goalie-less Sabres team, an overrated Habs team, and a hard-working but completely out of it Islanders team.

I could definitely see us going 4-1 over that stretch.

they're going to hit a Bruins team that is pissed, a surging Pens team, a slumping Sabres and a rejuvinated Habs team and finally Joey McDonald

Sens go 2-3

Sure the Bruins might be pissed, but they've lost how many out of the last 20 games, something like 15?
And a rejuvinated Habs team? They won one game on a Dung late game penalty....again.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
beedub wrote:
PKC wrote:I think the Sens will fall out of the top 10 draft picks unfortunately. This team is starting to hit a stride lately, and they could definitely play spoiler to a ton of teams. Our next five feature a faltering Bruins team, a surging Pens team, a goalie-less Sabres team, an overrated Habs team, and a hard-working but completely out of it Islanders team.

I could definitely see us going 4-1 over that stretch.

they're going to hit a Bruins team that is pissed, a surging Pens team, a slumping Sabres and a rejuvinated Habs team and finally Joey McDonald

Sens go 2-3

Sure the Bruins might be pissed, but they've lost how many out of the last 20 games, something like 15?
And a rejuvinated Habs team? They won one game on a Dung late game penalty....again.

I am personally thinking Ottawa is loving this role of spoiler, beating some of the contending teams, Tampa excluded of course, but beating Boston and moreso Montreal hurt their chances of good playoff spots (or in montreal's case, a spot at all), so Ottawa will be loving beating them this important time of year.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I could deal with 8th overall personally.

I want a pick in the top-7. And Cowen's injury seems like a risk, so I want top-6.

Now is IMO just an awful time to turn it around.

Why couldn't they have secured a nice draft position and then won like 150-0 on the last game of the season? That still gives them some hope for next year. :@@@@:

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly. Beating Boston (if they can) won't do much other than just stick the needle a little further into the B's players perhaps, but if they can kick the snot out of the habs, I'll be the first one cheering loud and proud... You'll hear me all the way in Ottawa!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Exactly. Beating Boston (if they can) won't do much other than just stick the needle a little further into the B's players perhaps, but if they can kick the snot out of the habs, I'll be the first one cheering loud and proud... You'll hear me all the way in Ottawa!

we would definitely have 3 or 4 teams cheering for us to do so, so lots of support on our side, and I tell you that lately, beating the habs is more satisfying than beating the Leafs.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Realistically, with about a month to go, there won't be much change in the position of the bottom six or seven in the league overall.

So in terms of drafting, it's a crapshoot among the top seven picks. The assumption is Tavares and Hedman one/two...but you never know.

Who were picks two through seven last year?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Realistically, with about a month to go, there won't be much change in the position of the bottom six or seven in the league overall.

So in terms of drafting, it's a crapshoot among the top seven picks. The assumption is Tavares and Hedman one/two...but you never know.

Who were picks two through seven last year?

From memory:

1. Stamkos
2. Doughty
3. Bogosian
4. Pietrangelo
5. Schenn
6. Filatov
7. Wilson, methinks.

This year's should be:
1. Tavares - As the Isles look to be picking first
2. Hedman
3. Duchene
4. Kane or MSP
5. Kane or MSP
6. Schenn
7. Cowen, although I'm not entirely sure of the extent of the damage of his injury. Otherwise, he'd debatably be in the top-4.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Let's see if I can do 2007 from memory :D

1. Kane
2. Van Riemsdyk
3. Turris
4. Hickey
5. Alzner
6. Gagner
7. Voracek

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a terrific top 7.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wilson went 7th? I thought he went in the 10 range.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, just looked it up, 7th it was.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Let's see if I can do 2007 from memory :D

1. Kane
2. Van Riemsdyk
3. Turris
4. Hickey
5. Alzner
6. Gagner
7. Voracek

To be fair asq2 is a prospect nut. Can the average GMHockey member do what asq2 just did? I know I can't.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:No, just looked it up, 7th it was.

Yup. I think you're thinking of Hodgson.

IIRC, it then went:

8. Boedkker - gets a lot less press than he deserves
9. Bailey
10. Hodgson
11. Beach
12. Myers
13. Teubert
14. Boychuk
15. Karlsson

So 6 defencemen taken before Karlsson. Definitely a good draft for d-men.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
asq2 wrote:Let's see if I can do 2007 from memory :D

1. Kane
2. Van Riemsdyk
3. Turris
4. Hickey
5. Alzner
6. Gagner
7. Voracek

To be fair asq2 is a prospect nut. Can the average GMHockey member do what asq2 just did? I know I can't.

Heh. Following the world of prospects is the only way I can sit through current Sens games Razz (although it's been much better under Clouston).

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's a link to the current teams and their draft picks for 2009. This link also tells you who has traded which pick for who and what.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=409715

Excerpt:
Club# of Picks*Rounds of Picks
Anaheim51,3,4,5,6
Atlanta8 1,2,2,4,5,6,6,7
Boston 5 1,3,4,6,7
Buffalo61,3,4,5,6,7
Calgary6 1,2,4,5,6,7
Carolina51,2,3,6,7
Chicago7 1,2,3,4,5,7,7
Colorado61,2,3,5,6,7
Columbus81,2,3,4,4,5,6,7
Dallas61,2,3,5,6,7
Detroit6 1,2,3,5,6,7
Edmonton81,2,3,3,4,5,6,7
Florida51,2,3,5,6
Los Angeles141,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,7
Minnesota71,4,4,4,5,6,7
Montreal71,3,3,4,5,6,7
Nashville12 1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,7,7
New Jersey81,2,3,3,4,5,6,7
NY Islanders91,1,2,2,2,3,4,5,6,7
NY Rangers81,2,3,5,5,5,6,7
Ottawa81,2,4,5,5,6,7
Philadelphia71,3,3,5,6,6,7
Phoenix71,2,3,4,4,6,7
Pittsburgh81,2,3,3,4,5,6,7
San Jose42,2,5,7
St. Louis51,2,3,4,6
Tampa Bay71,2,2,4,4,6,7
Toronto51,3,5,6,7
Vancouver61,2,3,4,5,6
Washington71,2,3,4,5,6,7
* a small number of picks are subject to conditional trade terms that could transfer them to other clubs

add a pick to Ottawa too, 2nd rounder.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm pretty sure we have 2 second round picks and Toronto has at least one from the Antropov trade. confused

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I'm pretty sure we have 2 second round picks and Toronto has at least one from the Antropov trade. confused

That NHL.com list predates the March 4 deadline I think...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum