GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Realistically - where do the Sens end up on Draft Day?

+17
Urkie
Acrobat
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
asq2
SensFan71
PKC
beerandsens
caissie_1
beedub
Cronie
jamvan
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A stronger work ethic and a higher reading on the give-o-crap metre could have been the difference between where we are now and scrapping it out for eighth place. Still not a lot to be happy about going into next season with the curren group other than an upgrade in goaltending, assuming Leclaire is healthy.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Regardless, we should see a very good pick this draft and to be honest, our team is actually quite good. Next year has a lot of optomism.

The league is so tight now and this year has shown Sens fans just how tight it is. A few wins that were in fact losses and we'd be right in the playoffs. The difference in records in so minute.

One word: Hartsburg.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A stronger work ethic and a higher reading on the give-o-crap metre could have been the difference between where we are now and scrapping it out for eighth place. Still not a lot to be happy about going into next season with the curren group other than an upgrade in goaltending, assuming Leclaire is healthy.

I'm not saying they're gonna be the best team in the league, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised next year. Murray has some work to do though, but I think it'll work out well.*

*I also said that before this year.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A lot of us did Heater... In fact, go back and check out one of my blogs on what I thought the Sens would come out of gate like under Hartsburg... I want to hang my head in shame on that one! LOL

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

This team IS really good. I couldn't agree more with that. But keeping all the pieces together will result in the team combusting internally after next year as we are WAY too front heavy with big forward contracts.

so we need to use this draft day to a/ perhaps move up in the draft via trade and b/ either dispose of a biggie contract alltogether, or trade a biggie forward contract for a slightly less biggie defencemen contract

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:A lot of us did Heater... In fact, go back and check out one of my blogs on what I thought the Sens would come out of gate like under Hartsburg... I want to hang my head in shame on that one! LOL

Smile Me too....me too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:This team IS really good. I couldn't agree more with that. But keeping all the pieces together will result in the team combusting internally after next year as we are WAY too front heavy with big forward contracts.

so we need to use this draft day to a/ perhaps move up in the draft via trade and b/ either dispose of a biggie contract alltogether, or trade a biggie forward contract for a slightly less biggie defencemen contract

I think we might find it hard to trade anyone for anything. Teams are getting really scared of 2010-11. I think what we have is what we're going ahead with. There might be a possibility of Edmonton or a team with a rich owner who desperately needs a marquee player trying to make a move for Spezza, but other than that, I think you'll find no takers.

Even if a team like Edmonton or Vancouver comes in with an offer, it'll be a terrible return because GMs would feel they're doing you a favour by clearing some of your cap and adding some space.

Tough summer. Be prepared for a lack of movement from everyone. Bouwmeester would be best off to apologize and take the offer that Florida has on the table.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still blame that more on Murray than Hartsburgh. Murray can complain that he was told one thing and Hartsburgh delivered another but the onus is on the GM to do his homework and do his due diligence.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I still blame that more on Murray than Hartsburgh. Murray can complain that he was told one thing and Hartsburgh delivered another but the onus is on the GM to do his homework and do his due diligence.

Yup, basically what it comes down to right there.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

We will probly pick in the top say around 7-8. Hopefully we can grab MSP at that spot!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I still blame that more on Murray than Hartsburgh. Murray can complain that he was told one thing and Hartsburgh delivered another but the onus is on the GM to do his homework and do his due diligence.

Good point.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronie wrote:A lot of us did Heater... In fact, go back and check out one of my blogs on what I thought the Sens would come out of gate like under Hartsburg... I want to hang my head in shame on that one! LOL

Haha I shared in the Optimism, thinking we would be 6 or 7 in the East

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Looking at Colorado's and Phoenix's schedule, they have a lot of losses on the way. Tampa, NYI and Atlanta aren't going to surge past us in the standings. Toronto and LA are my wildcards, but I figure LA will finish higher than we will, while our games at hand on Toronto, coupled with beating them again next time we meet up, will have us finishing up ahead of the buds. 7th Pick overall.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A stronger work ethic and a higher reading on the give-o-crap metre could have been the difference between where we are now and scrapping it out for eighth place. Still not a lot to be happy about going into next season with the curren group other than an upgrade in goaltending, assuming Leclaire is healthy.
Really, so you're saying the Bruins, Rangers, Washington don't give a crap because they are losing on a regular basis?

I think there's a ton to be happy about going into next season. All we really need to do is add two decent forwards. Our d looks very good next season, as I see our core looking as follows:

Phillips-Karlsson
Campoli-Volchenkov
Kuba-Smith
Lee

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
Really, so you're saying the Bruins, Rangers, Washington don't give a crap because they are losing on a regular basis?

I think there's a ton to be happy about going into next season. All we really need to do is add two decent forwards. Our d looks very good next season, as I see our core looking as follows:

Phillips-Karlsson
Campoli-Volchenkov
Kuba-Smith
Lee

Mattias or Erik Karlson... Wich one? I dont believe Erik will be ready. I think one more year for him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Mattias or Erik Karlson... Wich one? I dont believe Erik will be ready. I think one more year for him.

Me too, there's no chance he's ready yet.

I continue to hear that Murray is working hard to bring him over next year. I would be very surprised if he is ready to make the jump and if he didn't gain a zillion pounds, I would worry about his safety much less his durability....

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Didnt he also say that he would not play in the AHL. My guess is one more year in Sweden and then NHL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum