GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 28th, 2013

+8
NEELY
LeCaptain
wprager
tim1_2
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensHulk
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:Anyone think the Bruins would try to run Bishop, with Lehner sitting as backup?

Lucic would try given the chance.

He's tried to run Karlsson before, he's Boston's version of Cooke just not as cowardly. They also have Marchand who is the coward.

wprager wrote:
Is he, really? I'm still not convinced. Plus what if Silfverberg ever got going? I'm wondering if Turris is holding him back, now. Silfverberg has beaten Brodeur, Lundqist and Price in his only three shootout attempts. That's quite the All-Star lineup, there. If Bishop can get is to the shootout, lookout.

Silfverberg still can't get his shot off during a game. Not as easy with shot blocking and teams collapsing around their net.

What I meant was two-fold. First, Bishop is big, and his backup is even bigger (shorter but sturdier); Second, last time Lehner played he shut them up and shut them out, so maybe they aren't quite so keen to see the Lehner Unleashed.

As for Silfverberg, that's exactly what I meant by him getting going. Either getting better at finding the open spaces, or playing with a better set-up man.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Silf would have to be on a breakaway to get that shot off in a game... hopefully he gets a chance, would love to see that.

Well he's done that against Price
He had a breakaway during the game?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Silf would have to be on a breakaway to get that shot off in a game... hopefully he gets a chance, would love to see that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Oh man, yeah. I was thinking in the game last night... forgot about that one... sweet sauce.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol "Alfredss- Silfversson scores!"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price still hasn't seen that puck.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Looking at the standings. We have a 7 pts cushion on 8th place.
I think 0.500 rest of the way gets it done. Very feasible with our goaltending.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Looking at the standings. We have a 7 pts cushion on 8th place.

I wonder how we'll do on the road where we don't have the last line change.

They're being awfully vague about Michalek's return but that could give us a boost if he comes back anytime soon. Regin coming back certainly did. He stopped a sure goal at one point not including scoring the SO winner.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Please win, hexadic...

SOLD!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Please win, hexadic...

SOLD!!!
Crown. Royal. On. Ice.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

They're being awfully vague about Michalek's return but that could give us a boost if he comes back anytime soon. Regin coming back certainly did. He stopped a sure goal at one point not including scoring the SO winner.

Regin was very solid last game, hopefully he can have a strong finish to this season and into the playoffs while staying healthy. Like I said somewhere else here, having a guy like Regin is valuable in the sense he can slide up and down the lineup, at any position, and you know you will more than likely get solid minutes with some scoring chances. It's obviously MacLean loves him because he's a guy that gets shot, after shot, after shot. All in all, Regin is a guy with speed, offensive instincts, and is very solid defensively... that's what the Sens team and system is all about at this point. He just had to stay healthy which is a lot easier said than done.

As for Michalek, just let him rest and get that knee back to as close to 100% as possible. Going 3 games in 4 days to start a road trip probably isn't the ideal way to handle Michalek coming back into the lineup. The Sens are not in any must win situations right now and Spezza isn't there to help Michalek along and vis versa, so steady as she goes and just let the kids play and keep getting that experience and confidence.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any update on Anderson? He's not making the trip initially, but I wonder if he'll join later. They got 5 games on the road...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Any update on Anderson? He's not making the trip initially, but I wonder if he'll join later. They got 5 games on the road...

They got 3 of those 5 games in 4 days this week. The remaining two are next week on Wednesday and Friday (a rare light week for the sens), so there's plenty of gap between the isles game and leafs game. I would expect next wednesday is the target for anderson.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah. Good point. Back to back this weekend with Philly/Islanders so I'm sure we'll see Lehner in one of those games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Regin was very solid last game, hopefully he can have a strong finish to this season and into the playoffs while staying healthy. Like I said somewhere else here, having a guy like Regin is valuable in the sense he can slide up and down the lineup, at any position, and you know you will more than likely get solid minutes with some scoring chances. It's obviously MacLean loves him because he's a guy that gets shot, after shot, after shot. All in all, Regin is a guy with speed, offensive instincts, and is very solid defensively... that's what the Sens team and system is all about at this point. He just had to stay healthy which is a lot easier said than done.

As for Michalek, just let him rest and get that knee back to as close to 100% as possible. Going 3 games in 4 days to start a road trip probably isn't the ideal way to handle Michalek coming back into the lineup. The Sens are not in any must win situations right now and Spezza isn't there to help Michalek along and vis versa, so steady as she goes and just let the kids play and keep getting that experience and confidence.

Yeah, Regin is Mac's version of Fillpula I think. A guy who can play 2nd line C, 3rd line C, wing or 4th line, has some speed, has some pinache, skill, but also back checks hard.

I think we'll be re-signing him based mostly on Mac at this point. But one more injury and he's got to be deemed 'useless' - and this comes from someone who always liked Regin a lot.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah. Good point. Back to back this weekend with Philly/Islanders so I'm sure we'll see Lehner in one of those games.

Probably the Islanders, especially since Kevin Poulin is up with the team Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah. Good point. Back to back this weekend with Philly/Islanders so I'm sure we'll see Lehner in one of those games.

Probably the Islanders, especially since Kevin Poulin is up with the team Laugh1

Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dan Seguin: Milan Michalek says his knee feels good but he definitely will NOT play tomorrow night in Boston. #cbcott

https://twitter.com/SeguinSports/status/306820997611388929

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum