GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 28th, 2013

+8
NEELY
LeCaptain
wprager
tim1_2
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensHulk
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:I don't know what it is about the bruins but they are amazing against canadian teams. i expect the winning streak to stop in this game....and then we finally see lehner versus the flyers! Ahhhhh!

I have no idea why you would "expect" the winning streak to end. Yeah, this will be their toughest test yet on their current winning streak, but what have they shown that indicates the streak will end? They didn't play great last night against one of the best teams in the East, and they still pulled it out. After two days rest/practice, they should come out way stronger than they did against the Habs. Obviously the winning streak has to end eventually, but really it should've ended against the Habs. We'll be a better team on Thursday.

normally i'd agree for any other team, but not the brooins. Our track record speaks for itself against them. The only saving grace is tim thomas isn't there anymore.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Timmy T, and, with our new and improved talentless roster, we just win, regardless of circumstances. So there.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:No Timmy T, and, with our new and improved talentless roster, we just win, regardless of circumstances. So there.

Here's hoping that continues

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

What we need is a 1-0 win, where the winning goal is an own goal by our opponent Laughing3 Anderson did that in Colorado.

That's the ultimate "The goalie won the game"

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bishop is gonna get iit up pretty bad. Bring Lehner in

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Bishop is gonna get iit up pretty bad. Bring Lehner in

This is basically the new 'we're gonna get raped' thing.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He didn't get lit up last night, why would he get lit up against Boston ?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

He didn't get lit up last night, why would he get lit up against Boston ?

You might wanna check my posting history Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd be happy with 1 point in this one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:They could lose this one 8-0 and I wouldn't be the least bit upset. 2 days off inbetween games is pretty big right now but I expect this one to be a pretty convincing win for the Bruins. They are the best team in the East and very complete lines 1 through 4 and D man 1 through 6. Rask is also an all-star goaltender.

Sens could win though, at this point it's stupid and ignorant to believe otherwise.

Is he, really? I'm still not convinced. Plus what if Silfverberg ever got going? I'm wondering if Turris is holding him back, now. Silfverberg has beaten Brodeur, Lundqist and Price in his only three shootout attempts. That's quite the All-Star lineup, there. If Bishop can get is to the shootout, lookout.

Anyone think the Bruins would try to run Bishop, with Lehner sitting as backup?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd be happy with 1 point in this one.

I'd be ecstatic! Because that means we got to OT, which means just another 5 minutes and we get to the SO. Which means Silfver time.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Anyone think the Bruins would try to run Bishop, with Lehner sitting as backup?

Lucic would try given the chance.

He's tried to run Karlsson before, he's Boston's version of Cooke just not as cowardly. They also have Marchand who is the coward.

wprager wrote:
Is he, really? I'm still not convinced. Plus what if Silfverberg ever got going? I'm wondering if Turris is holding him back, now. Silfverberg has beaten Brodeur, Lundqist and Price in his only three shootout attempts. That's quite the All-Star lineup, there. If Bishop can get is to the shootout, lookout.

Silfverberg still can't get his shot off during a game. Not as easy with shot blocking and teams collapsing around their net.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Silf would have to be on a breakaway to get that shot off in a game... hopefully he gets a chance, would love to see that.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Silf would have to be on a breakaway to get that shot off in a game... hopefully he gets a chance, would love to see that.

Well he's done that against Price

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:Anyone think the Bruins would try to run Bishop, with Lehner sitting as backup?

Lucic would try given the chance.

He's tried to run Karlsson before, he's Boston's version of Cooke just not as cowardly. They also have Marchand who is the coward.

wprager wrote:

Silfverberg still can't get his shot off during a game. Not as easy with shot blocking and teams collapsing around their net.

What I meant was two-fold. First, Bishop is big, and his backup is even bigger (shorter but sturdier); Second, last time Lehner played he shut them up and shut them out, so maybe they aren't quite so keen to see the Lehner Unleashed.

As for Silfverberg, that's exactly what I meant by him getting going. Either getting better at finding the open spaces, or playing with a better set-up man.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Silf would have to be on a breakaway to get that shot off in a game... hopefully he gets a chance, would love to see that.

He had a breakaway during the game?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

He had a breakaway during the game?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum