GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 28th, 2013

+8
NEELY
LeCaptain
wprager
tim1_2
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensHulk
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Alfi had a tough game.

The Alfie was also terrific defensively a couple times and made plays that might've saved goals. A couple times on the rush he kinda pulled up and tried to pass it in deeper...almost like he was playing defense first the whole time...which may not be a bad idea with how we're winning games lately.

Still had a tough game but w/e, not a huge deal it happens. He's a guy that is asked to do more than he should right now. Wish there were other options so he could get a night off or two.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

team leaders in goals:
Karlsson : 6
OBrien : 5

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:team leaders in goals:
Karlsson : 6
OBrien : 5

We need Michalek, Spezza, Stone back... someone, anyone in the top 6 who can score.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah that's kind of sad but w/e.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just finished watching it. Mac's system is starting to really show through, great support for the D, nice and short outlet passes when there's forechecking pressure.

The Bs play an incredibly sound defensive zone coverage and we went toe to toe with them. Gotta be pretty proud of this team right now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully Michalek returns soon.
They said Stone is at least a week away.

After that hopefully they can hang on til Spezza returns (and I seriously hope it's a little earlier than mid-April).

I imagine Grant goes back, DD is looking pretty good out there hopefully he can stay.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need a PP D-man badly. A vet who can run things from the back end. We can't do Dung on the PP - despite us scoring tonight. It's a big mess.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:We need a PP D-man badly. A vet who can run things from the back end. We can't do Dung on the PP - despite us scoring tonight. It's a big mess.

It's supposed to be Gonchar but he looks well past his expiry date offensively.

Wiercioch is looking better and better out there, hopefully he can improve some more and drive the PP from the back end. I really wish we weren't so reliant on Karlsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We need a PP D-man badly. A vet who can run things from the back end. We can't do Dung on the PP - despite us scoring tonight. It's a big mess.

It's supposed to be Gonchar but he looks well past his expiry date offensively.

Wiercioch is looking better and better out there, hopefully he can improve some more and drive the PP from the back end. I really wish we weren't so reliant on Karlsson.

Wiercioch, Gonchar and Benoit I guess, but then there's no one. We need someone to at least help Old Man Gonchar out.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Wiercioch, Gonchar and Benoit I guess, but then there's no one. We need someone to at least help Old Man Gonchar out.

Wiercioch is the future I think, that's the 3rd great breakaway pass he made. I don't see how they let him go with MacLean's system being what it is.

Oh and Lehner has some serious balls with that pokecheck.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I actually think the D look fine on the PP, but there's that guy that is controlling on the half wall that is missing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:I actually think the D look fine on the PP, but there's that guy that is controlling on the half wall that is missing.

Sometimes it looks okay, sometimes we can't even make the pass through the neutral zone to get close to gaining the zone. Sometimes it's the D, sometimes it's the forwards. Let me re-phrase, we need an upgrade to the PP - forward, D-man, whatever. It's a part of the game we suck at - and we may lose some Ws.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, Boston has a great defensive system so drawing any kind of conclusion on the offense or the PP based on that game is probably a little off. That said, even with Karlsson the PP was struggling and with all the turn over and different units right now it will be tough to find something that clicks this year... just the way it is.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, we just don't have the talent right now to run a proper PP. Spezza and Karlsson are obviously the two guys we're really missing, but even then, we were kind of counting on Silf and Latendresse to bolster the PP. Remember? We all had them pencilled in to top 6 forward slots...Silf has done pretty well, especially with a variety of linemates, but Latendresse...well, we'll be looking for a different top 6 forward in the off season (or by the trade deadline).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, the win streak is over... my GDT days are done...

It was good while it lasted...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Well, the win streak is over... my GDT days are done...

Technically, we still have a point streak, which is good enough for us. Continue!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well, the win streak is over... my GDT days are done...

Technically, we still have a point streak, which is good enough for us. Continue!
I'm back in baby!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Chicago gets praised for losing in OT, Sens are no diff! Point streak still alive!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum